Vilhelm22

LEGO Trains 2023

6 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

There is a new Hogwarts Express being released with Hogsmade station in June, 

Where did you hear this from?

Would be nice to get a motorized Hogwarts Express set this time? The last version was too large and then the one before that was a little small. I’d throw down $350 for a set with Hogsmeade Village if it was similar in scope with the Disney Train…

9 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

Where did you hear this from?

The set was leaked by a member on Harry Potter thread before and then pointed out by Brick Clicker on his last Youtube video.

It should be out on 1st June, 76423_Hogwarts Express and Hogsmeade Station, 1074 pieces for 129,99$.

Interesting! 

That would make it several hundred pieces larger than the last non-UCS set that was released. 

That's a great news. Not for my wallet unfortunately.

300 more pieces than the previous one. Let's see...

There have been at least two versions of Hogsmeade station in the films that I can recall. I wonder which one we will get?

6 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

The set was leaked by a member on Harry Potter thread before and then pointed out by Brick Clicker on his last Youtube video.

It should be out on 1st June, 76423_Hogwarts Express and Hogsmeade Station, 1074 pieces for 129,99$.

That doesn't add up...

The last two motorised City passenger trains were 677 parts for €130/$160 and 764 parts for €160/$190. The 2014 station 423 parts for €50/$65.

So either that price is wrong, or the train is not motorised (but maybe designed to be motorised).

3 minutes ago, Duq said:

So either that price is wrong, or the train is not motorised (but maybe designed to be motorised).

I suppose, that as Hogwarts Express in 2018, this new set will not be motorised.

The 2018 Hogwarts Express had 776 pieces: more or less there were 280 for the locomotive, 44 for the tender, 229 for the carriage, while the station was 203 pieces. There are 298 pieces to arrive at the predicted 1074.

If LEGO is going to produced the Philosopher Stone Hogsmeade station I think that most of the missing pieces will go there.

Yay, another Harry Potter train... :ugh:

I wish they get Thonas the tank engine license to put on table something different than olton hall steam locomotive.

Edited by Ondra

7 hours ago, Ondra said:

I wish they get Thonas the tank engine license to put on table something different than olton hall steam locomotive.

Now a re-entering into the Thomas the Tank Engine license would be something I would faint if I actually saw. Especially if Lego were to make this range compatible with City trains. Otherwise Speed Champions spin-off anyone? I'd call it Railway Heroes

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Now a re-entering into the Thomas the Tank Engine license would be something I would faint if I actually saw. Especially if Lego were to make this range compatible with City trains. Otherwise Speed Champions spin-off anyone? I'd call it Railway Heroes

It's too bad the LEGO Ideas project didn't work out. But yes, we need more trains! (especially steamers and old diesels)

On 4/6/2023 at 1:23 PM, Ondra said:

Yay, another Harry Potter train... :ugh:

Not going to happen. Mattel own the franchise. 

6 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

Any more rumors regarding the Hogwarts Express or Orient Express sets?

Haha to be honest, this is the only thread I check on Train Eurobricks. Hoping to see new leaked pictures of the train sets.

4 hours ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Haha to be honest, this is the only thread I check on Train Eurobricks. Hoping to see new leaked pictures of the train sets.

Well and leaked pictures are not allowed so don't bother checking for them :)

I also hope on good news on the train sets but so far...

12 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

Any more rumors regarding the Hogwarts Express or Orient Express sets?

I was watching a video by Brick Clicker on YouTube yesterday about everything known about all 18+ sets releasing 2023 and he at least says the Orient Express will be releasing November 2023.

“I bought a train ticket and the driver said’Eurostar?’  I said ‘Well I’ve been on telly but I’m no Dean Martin.’  Still, at least it’s comfortable on Eurostar - it’s murder on the Orient Express.”

Edited by Vilhelm22

New Hogwarts Express has leaked in the usual place. it looks fairly similar to the 2018 one to be honest. 

Locomotive looks basically the same, tender is a bit bigger and has 6 wheels. It has 2 coaches, (short wheelbase like 2018) but they look to be 8 wide (although the rest of the train is 6).

Aso includes straight tracks and the ramp (like the Hidden Side train) and a pretty nice looking Hogsmede station.

For Harry Potter fans might be worth it for new minifigures, but not an upgrade for train fans - but that's fine! The old one was good modding potential for a lot of people (including me), and this will be the same.

At least it fits on track ;)

The locomotive itself is the closest LEGO has gotten so far. (If you discount the non-track compatible display model recently released.)

The length is OK, and the tender looks appropriate. No running gear, but that should be a decently easy fix. The coaches look eh, but I am wondering if combining them into a single car would be a good option. 

The station is surprising and looks quite good. I can see easy expansion or modification.

Regarding the new Hogwarts Express; it looks nice, from what you can tell from the blurry pictures. But at least one good thing is that it has two carriages instead of just a single one. Whether or not I'll buy it also depends on how the Orient express will turn out. If it is just a display model than for me that's not interesting. So let's just wait and see.

Clearer pictures of the new HE up. Looks quite a bit better than the 2018 one seeing it now (proportions better).

Interesting use of the small wheels on the front pony truck, to allow the cylinders to be lower. That's always an issue when making a train that can go around Lego curves.

4 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Clearer pictures of the new HE up. Looks quite a bit better than the 2018 one seeing it now (proportions better).

Interesting use of the small wheels on the front pony truck, to allow the cylinders to be lower. That's always an issue when making a train that can go around Lego curves.

The main issues I have with it are in regards to the lack of side rods and it being slightly too short. Both of these things should be easy to mod. I am looking forward to seeing how Trains modders approach this. 

29 minutes ago, RedBrick1 said:

The main issues I have with it are in regards to the lack of side rods and it being slightly too short. Both of these things should be easy to mod. I am looking forward to seeing how Trains modders approach this. 

For 6 stud trains existing rods build quite big and wide and look hideous I understand the lack of them on some steamers espeshuly for strictly 6std builds sadly we don't get new moulds for weels (bigger or thinner) or rods (even for longer half beams) :C
Lack of them is a necessity  :

More interestingly to non HP fans...

Both the renders and the real life photos (link here) appear to have the old style (i.e. whenever 9V started - 2018) train wheels with the metal axles. Hopefully this isn't a LEGO marketing error, and LEGO have realised in trains: friction = bad

3 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

More interestingly to non HP fans...

Both the renders and the real life photos (link here) appear to have the old style (i.e. whenever 9V started - 2018) train wheels with the metal axles. Hopefully this isn't a LEGO marketing error, and LEGO have realised in trains: friction = bad

You might be on to something there! I sincerely hope you're right...

Also, prices for dark red four-pane doors are going to come down, thankfully. I need a few for my MOC later-day Hogsmeade station.

Edited by Murdoch17