Vilhelm22

LEGO Trains 2023

2 hours ago, Toastie said:

That could very well be! And this sounds like a fun collection you have!

However, I believe that some of the non-LEGO bricks of the 2020's (that is when I found out that the Dark Side is much less dark than I always thought - the Flying Dutchman TLG never made really is the brightest star in my collection :pir-stareyes:) may also live that long - they are made from ABS as well. Yes, there are different compositions of ABS and the colors do affect their integrity. Well, some brownish LEGO elements tend to fall apart as well, chemistry on the Bright Side seems to be the same as on the Dark Side.

And the other thing is: In 30 years, statistically, I am dead since long. Around here, there is not that much enthusiasm towards building with ABS pieces as I have (regardless of make and model). So I better have all the fun now rather than never :pir-huzzah2:.

All the best,
Thorsten 

I have this collection thanks to my father, one box is completely emptied in MOCS and two decent box are prepared, but most of them are basic bricks.

I still think 90s sets  in s superior in terms of design and playability. These new ultra specialized sets destroy all creativity.

4 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I have this collection thanks to my father, one box is completely emptied in MOCS and two decent box are prepared, but most of them are basic bricks.

I still think 90s sets  in s superior in terms of design and playability. These new ultra specialized sets destroy all creativity.

Agree and they were way fun (looks/designs) new and innovative and even futuristic looking 
the new one (city) a boring as heck 

16 minutes ago, Darkkostas25 said:

Agree and they were way fun (looks/designs) new and innovative and even futuristic looking 
the new one (city) a boring as heck 

And not mention usage of specialized pieces even semi studded plates, these are useless in moccing.

But they are cheaper that full studded plates. So thats it ... 

I have a couple of files boxes filled with Lego instructions etc so if anyone should want to buy my collection  I can point to those boxes and say that all the bits from those sets are present and correct in the collection,  plus of course a few thousand bricks and random other stuff from alternative manufacturers.

I have found Lego to be very durable and I am not aware of any of my 4.5v railway stuff from '70s that has given up the ghost.  I do however keep my Lego in a room that has no windows and has a filtered air supply so even white bricks are (mostly) still white and of course dust is not an issue.

Getting back to the subject of Lego trains (you know, actual Lego), does anyone familiar with the Ideas process know how long it'll take to develop the Orient Express? 

3 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

Getting back to the subject of Lego trains (you know, actual Lego), does anyone familiar with the Ideas process know how long it'll take to develop the Orient Express? 

Only those in the company can answer that. Could be fairly quickly, or a rather long time... there is no telling.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:01 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Only those in the company can answer that. Could be fairly quickly, or a rather long time... there is no telling.

I was wondering if anyone knew how long past projects had taken.

Has anybody checked if train parts are possible to use in the upcoming bricklink Designer program?

3 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

I was wondering if anyone knew how long past projects had taken.

Steamboat Willie was released very soon after being announced (maybe a couple months? I can't recall.... 2019 was a lifetime ago!) but others have taken several years. With the current backlog, I'd say sometime in 2024, maybe even 2025 if they have issues. Sadly, I don't think 2023 is happening.

22 hours ago, Kallego said:

Has anybody checked if train parts are possible to use in the upcoming bricklink Designer program?

few standard wheels for regular bogies and small ones, no big-one or even HP-wheel

On 1/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, Kalahari134 said:

The Globe (40) - reached 10K 4th May 2020, announced successful  30th September 2020, released 1st February 2022. (approx. 20 months between reaching 10K and being on shelves)
Starry Night (41) - reached 10K 13th August 2020, announced successful  4th February 2021, released 25th May 2022. (approx. 20 months between reaching 10K and being on shelves)
Jazz Quartet (42) - reached 10K 16th April 2021, announced successful 15th October 2021, released 29th June 2022. (approx. 14 months between reaching 10K and being on shelves)
Lighthouse (43) - reached 10K 29th October 2020, announced successful 22nd June 2021, released 1st Sept 2022. (approx. 22 months between reaching 10K and being on shelves)
The Office (44) - reached 10K 16th April 2021, announced successful 15th October 2021, released 1st October 2022. (approx. 17 months between reaching 10K and being on shelves)

As such, with reaching 10K on 22nd March 2022, 20 months afterwards would be end Oct 2023/Nov 2023.

Although this set is almost certainly something none of us will be interested in, I'll mention it here anyway. 

43212 Disney Birthday Train is rumored to launch April 1 for €39.99 / $39.99 with 200 pieces and 6 Disney characters. 

Since the price and piece count are so low (and because it's a Disney set) it's unlikely to be any version of realistic, but it'll still be interesting to see what it looks like. 

Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-43212-disney-train-rumoured-details 

The new Ideas review is out. Sadly, "Thomas the tank engine" didn't make it, and neither did the "Lisbon tram" nor "The Old Engine Shed". 

(The red London Telephone box and Nightmare before Christmas are going to be produced instead)

Lego has caused confusion and delay by not producing Thomas as a set. Lego should go to the drawing board and think about what it has done, until such time it can be seen as really useful again!

13 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

The new Ideas review is out. Sadly, "Thomas the tank engine" didn't make it, and neither did the "Lisbon tram" nor "The Old Engine Shed". 

(The red London Telephone box and Nightmare before Christmas are going to be produced instead)

Lego has caused confusion and delay by not producing Thomas as a set. Lego should go to the drawing board and think about what it has done, until such time it can be seen as really useful again!

I apologize if this question "derails" the conversation going on here, but I was wondering if you could clarify on what you meant by LEGO causing confusion and delay?

4 hours ago, X_Builds said:

I apologize if this question "derails" the conversation going on here, but I was wondering if you could clarify on what you meant by LEGO causing confusion and delay?

It's a Thomas in-joke, don't worry 

9 hours ago, X_Builds said:

@CastleRail has it correct: It's a Thomas joke.

6 hours ago, CastleRail said:

It's a Thomas in-joke, don't worry 

Oh my gosh the joke just processed... I am a Thomas fan as well and I am disappointed in myself that it took me so long to get it.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, Murdoch17 said:

Let's not put sole responsibility for that project's derailment on LEGO's shoulders. The "Thomas & Friends" brand is currently owned by Mattel. And while Mattel theoretically COULD license the property out to LEGO (as Hasbro has recently done with Transformers and Dungeons & Dragons), I'm not sure they'd be too keen on it since they also have their own in-house construction toy brands — namely Mega Bloks and Mega Construx.

I feel like if that license does become available again, LEGO would probably be thrilled to pick it up — at least for Duplo sets like the ones they had back in the mid-2000s.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Let's not put sole responsibility for that project's derailment on LEGO's shoulders. The "Thomas & Friends" brand is currently owned by Mattel. And while Mattel theoretically COULD license the property out to LEGO (as Hasbro has recently done with Transformers and Dungeons & Dragons), I'm not sure they'd be too keen on it since they also have their own in-house construction toy brands — namely Mega Bloks and Mega Construx.

I feel like if that license does become available again, LEGO would probably be thrilled to pick it up — at least for Duplo sets like the ones they had back in the mid-2000s.

It was a joke, and we don't know the reason they turned it down. Could be Mattel, could be Lego. We will never know!