Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

For those in Brisbane looking to take advantage of the curent DJs sale, Briz CBD has a number of cinemas, opera houses and mixers in stock.

No stock left to speak of at Garden City.

Both MYER Stores (CBD and Garcen City) have been picked clean although CBD did have a few Sea Cows if anyone is looking for one of those...

Also has anyone seen scale minecraft sets in QLD yet?

Are the 2015 sets that are due for a January release be available to buy today being the start of the new year?

Or is that just wishful thinking.

Are the 2015 sets that are due for a January release be available to buy today being the start of the new year?

Or is that just wishful thinking.

Yeah, they are listed, but not shipping till tomorrow and some don't have images up ?

Read the description for the City service truck.....you'll have a chuckle ! :laugh:

Okay, so up on Mr Toy's website they claim some 2015 City sets will be available on either the 20th or 26th of this month......why does Lego worry about saying that new items get released in January eh ? :angry:

Guess it still makes the cut.. Hoping to see something soon.. I have birthday money to burn and the lego shelves are empty!

Sort of......I know in real life things don't appear straight away, but half of the sets in store after school goes back.....timing Lego, it's called timing.

They must not like making sales eh ? :blush:

Sort of......I know in real life things don't appear straight away, but half of the sets in store after school goes back.....timing Lego, it's called timing.

If the Jan releases were in store at the start of January like in the US I'm sure it could only help not harm the business.

If the Jan releases were in store at the start of January like in the US I'm sure it could only help not harm the business.

Ah, but I think Lego have based their business model on how a government department works ! :laugh:

No sign at any Target, BigW, Kmart or Myer store in my region yet of any new sets ! :cry_sad:

I was told that Lego Australia only went back to work three days ago!? So the forever delay in January every year might be more of an acceptance of Australian business practice of everything more or less shutting down till after Australia Day. Though I was told that CMFs would be out by next week in shops. At least that might keep us sated till the real sets arrive ;)

My local Toyworld got in some of the series 13 minifigures, so these should be making the rounds very soon.

Has anyone seen The Hobbit Lonely Mountain set available at any retail stores yet? Lego Shop at Home seems to be the only place that has it.

I picked it up at a Toy Kingdom (Toyworld associated) in Melbourne. I think someone mentioned it was exclusive to Toyworld and DJs?

Has anyone seen The Hobbit Lonely Mountain set available at any retail stores yet? Lego Shop at Home seems to be the only place that has it.

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from S@H earlier this week. This latest wave was so hard to find in store that I didn't want to risk missing out (even though it cost me full price). At least it was free shipping given the price. I also picked up a few other S@H sale items while I was at it.

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from S@H earlier this week. This latest wave was so hard to find in store that I didn't want to risk missing out (even though it cost me full price). At least it was free shipping given the price. I also picked up a few other S@H sale items while I was at it.

Thanks, I think I'll just do the same for this set, even though it seems massively overpriced!

That might makes sense if Australia were the only market, but since we are quite remote, and the shipping needs to be organised well before Christmas, what would you choose to do?

1. Make sure your largest markets are stocked first.

2. Make sure you are restocking current stock as much as possible for Christmas.

3. Make sure a small remote market has stock immediately after Christmas when traditionally toy sales are low.

I don't think your expectations are realistic.

Any sign of Series 13 minifigures anywhere?

Specifically in the Sydney region?

Edited by Albus

That might makes sense if Australia were the only market, but since we are quite remote, and the shipping needs to be organised well before Christmas, what would you choose to do?

1. Make sure your largest markets are stocked first.

2. Make sure you are restocking current stock as much as possible for Christmas.

3. Make sure a small remote market has stock immediately after Christmas when traditionally toy sales are low.

I don't think your expectations are realistic.

Actually i think it has less to do with your points and more to do with the fact that they probably only went back to work this week with maybe warehouses going back in a couple days for most states, not including key industries. Its a few days off in the northern hemisphere but most places give a 2 week break here...

Any sign of Series 13 minifigures anywhere?

Specifically in the Sydney region?

Picked up 8 packets from Myer (with 50% off second item) on the Gold Coast so they should be showing up everywhere.

Have some goblins to trade if anyone is interested.

Edited by lostdriveway

No shortage of S13 at Mr Toys Beenleigh. Unless that is you want a Hot Dog Man (none left when I got there and staff commented on their popularity) or a Fencer (bought the last ones they had).

Bought 4 Carpenters, a Disco Diva, a Paleontologist and 2 Fencers. Still want a hot dog guy (depending on how hard they are to find without paying more than I need to). For once I didn't go overboard and buy CMFs that are cool but that I have no use for (Snake Charmer, Sheriff, Evil Wizard, Galaxy Trooper, Alien Trooper) which is a good start to my "buy less LEGO in 2015 than I did in 2014" new years resolution.

Best thing about Mr Toys doing CMFs for $1 less than RRP is that you dont need to wait for a sale. And Mr Toys staff generally dont care if you take an hour or more to feel every last bag looking for the ones you want.

I got the Series 13 I wanted from Big W on the weekend. Took my half an hour or so of groping but in the end I got the ones I wanted. The Fencer was probably the hardest, the Wizard the easiest, of the ones I was looking for.

Has anyone got their club magazine's yet? My sosn's came but was opened at one end I was wondering if their was a polybag in there?

Has anyone got their club magazine's yet? My sosn's came but was opened at one end I was wondering if their was a polybag in there?

No, polybag this year.......Lego Club or Lego Australia more like it might be more Ebenzer Scrooge now days......maybe. :blush:

Edit - funny thing......Jan-March copy just came a few minutes ago......it too had appeared to have been opened, I have spoken shock horror to Lego Australia customer service......amazing eh ? and no poly bag for Christmas or Jan-March issues.

Edited by lightningtiger