Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Best places to go for LEGO on the coast would be Pacific Fair and Robina Town Center. Pacific Fair is undergoing renovation right now but they have a Target, a K-Mart, a Toys R Us and a MYER (all of which are still open as far as I know). Robina Town Center is the biggest and best shopping center on the Gold Coast and has a David Jones, a MYER, a Big W, a Target and a K-Mart.

Both Pacific Fair and Robina are easy to get to from surfers either by car or by bus.

Edited by jonwil

New chima speedorz at toyworld southland vic, picked up the Fluminox one for my son. Singles are $17.99 double is $29.99

Saw the Sea Cow from the Lego Movie at TRU Gepps Cross.....no price tags.

$389 at Target. So probably more...

Looks really underwhelming at a glance for that price. (Should've got POTC ships during the 5 minutes they were available!) Big saggy box. Probably a huge ship when you build it, but it doesn't look worth buying to even get to that possible experience.

The best deals are at the mid year toy sales which happen in Aussie in June / July so depending on when you get here you may be in luck. Myers have good discounts and I think they are having a good deal on the Simpsons house from June 12 onwards. Also check out Big W, Target, Toys R Us and Kmart as well. Some stores occasionly do a buy 2 get one free deal which is like 33% off. Target had this earlier this year.

Best places to go for LEGO on the coast would be Pacific Fair and Robina Town Center. Pacific Fair is undergoing renovation right now but they have a Target, a K-Mart, a Toys R Us and a MYER (all of which are still open as far as I know). Robina Town Center is the biggest and best shopping center on the Gold Coast and has a David Jones, a MYER, a Big W, a Target and a K-Mart.

Both Pacific Fair and Robina are easy to get to from surfers either by car or by bus.

Thanks fot that, will look into it. Its not my first time in oz, has been a few years since I was last over.

Looks like there is no extra 10% off for MYER ONE on LEGO this year :(

Now I have zero reason to even go to MYER for the sale, let alone buy anything (I WAS interested in the Sea Cow and maybe the Parisian but with no extra 10%, forget it)

Looks like there is no extra 10% off for MYER ONE on LEGO this year :(

Now I have zero reason to even go to MYER for the sale, let alone buy anything (I WAS interested in the Sea Cow and maybe the Parisian but with no extra 10%, forget it)

Apparently they are, but you have to download the voucher off the Myer One website. I was talking to a lady at Myers and she confirmed it.

Also Star Wars and LEGO Movie sets confirmed for August release, which SUCKS. :(

Edited by Brickus

Brickus, truth..!

johnwil, be patient! If we won't receive any email from Myer One tomorrow night, then at that point, we can upset about it!

What I have seen is reports on another forum from people who in turn have been told straight from the horses mouth (MYER staff) that whilst there IS an extra 10% off toys this year, the discount specifically excludes LEGO.

That was what I was told, she never stated that the discount excludes LEGO though, and she knows I only buy LEGO. She even told another AFOL who is on this site, that I met there today.

Edited by Brickus

well someone reported on the other forum seeing something for the offer that had the usual "excludes Disney infinity, appcessories and nursery" but with LEGO added to the list.

Its possible that some staff members dont yet know the details of the offer.

Now someone has confirmed that there is a code (MYTOYSALE) for the MYER website that gives an additional 10% off on everything else but not on LEGO.

So you can forget about the extra 10% off this year.

Now someone has confirmed that there is a code (MYTOYSALE) for the MYER website that gives an additional 10% off on everything else but not on LEGO.

So you can forget about the extra 10% off this year.

And just to really confirm it for those still sceptical, on another forum the discount brochure has been posted and Lego is specifically excluded. So no new themes available as far as I've seen and the standard 20% off means I'm spending the least I've spent in years at the Myer sale.

The Myer Toy Sale catalogue is available here; http://catalogues.myer.com.au/catalogue/myer-catalogue-toy-sale/4yr8igfrh.html?pid=promotedCatalogue#pageNo=2, and includes - among others - Simpsons House ($259), Sea Cow ($309) and Parisian Restaurant ($199).

It claims PR is 'only at Myer'; does anyone know if this is really true - other than LEGO S@H (RRP less any VIP points), or shopforme (10% off, but currently out of stock)? If so, it sounds like even without the extra Myer One 10% discount, theirs is the best price?

P.S. I tried the above-mentioned 'MYTOYSALE' Myer One code online, and it didn't work for LEGO, but did work for another random toy I picked to test it on.

I hope that the volume Myer moves in this sale is way down on last year...and not just on Lego.

I know I would specifically go in for the extra 10% off on big Lego buys and inevitably buy a bunch of other stuff from the catalogue for upcoming birthdays or stocking stuffers. PR I guess is still 20% off RRP which is decent value given it isn't available anywhere else but there's not much else worth the effort of a special trip for.

Edited by TeufelHund

It claims PR is 'only at Myer'; does anyone know if this is really true - other than LEGO S@H (RRP less any VIP points), or shopforme (10% off, but currently out of stock)? If so, it sounds like even without the extra Myer One 10% discount, theirs is the best price?

As far as I've seen this set is not available at any other chain stores, so I would think $199 is the best price you'll ever be able to pick it up for in Australia. If you want this set now is the time to grab it.

Also Star Wars and LEGO Movie sets confirmed for August release, which SUCKS. :(

Ugh that's dissapointing, I was hoping they'd be out during the sales. Now we have to wait longer for them to be on sale :hmpf_bad:

Thats disapointing we have to wait until after the sales. Is there any word on when the new Superheroes sets are coming out?

Thats disapointing we have to wait until after the sales. Is there any word on when the new Superheroes sets are coming out?

I would hazard a guess at late July, early August.

Guardians of the Galaxy is out in theaters here in Oz on the 7th of August so we will probably see the sets in the next few weeks, Marvel would probably want the promotional merchandise for GOTG to be on shelves before the film hits.

Also there are reports on another forum that at least one person (who went to MYER late in the day when they were already putting out the sale signs) who was able to convince the staff (probably some low-paid employee who didn't know any better) to give them the extra 10% off even though the deal excludes it.

Edited by jonwil

Went to Myer Cannington to get a Parisian Restaurant. I was there before opening. They "sold out" between the doors opening and me getting to the toy section. Plus they had only 1 Simpsons House, 1 SSD and 3 Metalbeard. When I complained they said I was too slow, and she doesn't do the orders. Saw a Lego rep and she didn't really care that Myer were mishandling exclusives. But she did say a brand store was east coast bound.