Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Try this thread... these are what I use and they are back in stock... they are a promo item so they dont stay around for long http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26213&st=775#entry1524145

I got 4 of these from rocklea bunnings in Brisbane (oxley sold out)

Like you said, while stocks last. They were on a pallet display up the front of the shop.

They are perfect for my technic parts, highly recommended :-)

Does anyone know if the 3-for-2 at Myer includes the catalogue priced sets? Or does "cannot be used with other offers" on the advertising disqualify them?

Does anyone know if the 3-for-2 at Myer includes the catalogue priced sets? Or does "cannot be used with other offers" on the advertising disqualify them?

Unfortunately it doesn't stack with the catalogue sales. The cash register will work out the best deal and apply it automatically.

I went into Myer @ Marion yesterday, they had the 20% off Lego signs but no 3-for-2 signs, i asked at the registers and the attendant said there is no other sale. The other sales attendant standing next to her also agreed there was no 3 for 2 sale or buy 2 get one free ( however you want to say it.

Was i duped?

I find it hard to believe that 2 sales asst. working at the toy registrar didn't know about the sale. but nothing surprises me about customer service nowadays.

I went into Myer @ Marion yesterday, they had the 20% off Lego signs but no 3-for-2 signs, i asked at the registers and the attendant said there is no other sale. The other sales attendant standing next to her also agreed there was no 3 for 2 sale or buy 2 get one free ( however you want to say it.

I was there at around 10am. The sign was around near the girls toys, hard to find. I asked the sales lady and she confirmed 3 for 2, and I got 2 rovers and the tower of Pisa.

I was there at around 10am. The sign was around near the girls toys, hard to find. I asked the sales lady and she confirmed 3 for 2, and I got 2 rovers and the tower of Pisa.

Thanks i will go there today and try again.

Unfortunately it doesn't stack with the catalogue sales. The cash register will work out the best deal and apply it automatically.

big behind. I was going to get Movie & Princess sets as part of the deal. Oh well, save the money for SW day & Bricklink.

big behind

:laugh: that is not what I typed! And I used a capital A.

Try this thread... these are what I use and they are back in stock... they are a promo item so they dont stay around for long http://www.eurobrick...75#entry1524145

Thank I picked up a couple of units - although I'd rather spend the $60 on Lego

Toys R Us Gepps Cross has the Delorean and minecraft sets for sale. Only had 2-3 deloreans left at 11am though

New Kmart catalogue starts tomorrow. http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue-display?catalogueURL=http://www2.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx%3fCatalogueID=671 Not too much in the way of deals, but maybe something in there appeals to you.

Toys R Us Gepps Cross has the Delorean and minecraft sets for sale. Only had 2-3 deloreans left at 11am though

I hear scalpers are going nuts over those, after what happened with the first release of the original Minecraft set. Too bad if real buyers actually wanted to get those sets at retail...

may head down there tonight to pick it up!

You would pay $19 for a Legolas polybag?

Costs almost as much on some sites so don't really care too much about it. I'd rather own it under my own doing than be held to the whim of scalpers, its not exactly like we get polybags here all the time.

I just spoke with a Kmart assistant who tells me they have the Sydney Opera House 10234 out the back & are expecting more stock in the next week or so. They are $349.

Perhaps gone are the days of the exclusives, as rumoured for a while now.

I just spoke with a Kmart assistant who tells me they have the Sydney Opera House 10234 out the back & are expecting more stock in the next week or so. They are $349.

Perhaps gone are the days of the exclusives, as rumoured for a while now.

Its listed as online only on their website, but still interesting to see that its not an exclusive to Myer

Its listed as online only on their website, but still interesting to see that its not an exclusive to Myer

The Opera House was never exclusive to MYER, I got mine at Toys R Us and have seen it at David Jones too.

It seems to be. The same situation for the cuuso sets, I've seen the in toyworld as well these days. At least they are ariving here!

My local Toyworld has said that they are getting in The Simpsons House next month. Looks like we might be getting more of the exclusive sets in other shops.

I wonder if any store is getting The Sea Cow ship.

Bit disappointed, was trying to get the TLM Rescue Reinforcements on sale, but now my local TRU are all out of stock, same online.

Also, does anyone know if the Coruscant Gunship has a release date and which retailer is getting it? Otherwise that will be May the 4th with the Sandcrawler for me

Cannot believe that set had not seen retail yet, this seems to be the norm. I grabbed mine in see December last year and it arrived mid January. Hopefully it arrives here soon as its a good set.

Bit disappointed, was trying to get the TLM Rescue Reinforcements on sale, but now my local TRU are all out of stock, same online.

Problem is, I think everyone else had the same idea. I went to my local TRU just before midday on the first day of the sale, and was also disappointed to find they were already out of stock of Rescue Reinforcements, even though they had had about 5 sitting on the shelves a few days before. At that time it was still available online, but after shipping charges, it didn't seem worth it.

I was then lucky enough to track one down at another store last night; my local store said their stock system showed the other store had 3, but when I called to check if it was accurate, the salesperson couldn't find any of them. He sounded quite vague about which set I was chasing, even after I read out their internal stock code and described the box, etc., so I decided to chance it and drive all the way out there anyway, on the off-chance I could find it myself. Got to the store, couldn't see it on the shelves, but one of the staff was crawling around on the floor grabbing sets from I don't know where - maybe under the bottom shelf? - and throwing them into a trolley, and lo and behold what set does she toss into the trolley as I'm standing there, but Rescue Reinforcements! I cringed at the way she was tossing the boxes around, as I'm one of those people who keeps the boxes, but it wasn't too badly dinged up, so I grabbed it while I could...just super lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but I probably spent the money I saved on the petrol to get there, lol.

I've seen this set on sale before for $89.99 (which equates to 10% off RRP), but if memory serves, this is the first percentage off all LEGO sale TRU have had since the set was released, so I daresay they will have more in the coming months, so keep trying, and you might even be lucky enough to pick it up on a rarer 25% off sale and save yourself another $5.00. :-)