Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Any idea if we can we get Pyjama Emmet here in Australia?

I don't think so, Event cinemas is selling 'The Piece if Resistance' polybag as a $4 add on to a $14.50 LEGO Movie combo.

Now all I gotta do is convince Event Cinemas to sell me a polybag without me having to buy the combo (not that I dont buy movie candy bar food, just that these combos always have popcorn in them and I dont eat popcorn).

I dont mind buying candy bar other food (e.g. sodas, lollies, choc top, whatever) to get it though :)

That said, the only thing in that polybag that's anything other than generic is the Emmet figure and the piece of resistance, both of which can also be picked up via the Cloud Cuckoo Palace or the Getaway Glider (although Getaway Glider Emmet has a different head I think) so it might be easier to just buy one of those and re-create the polybag from my collection :)

Edited by jonwil

You can also win the pyjama Emmet if you purchase $10 TLM tickets online from Telstra and enter the draw.

what cinema is it with???

I know it works with Event, but I'm not sure about others. Go to the Telstra homepage and you can't miss it.

EDIT: Here's the Disclaimer

Only available online for Event Cinemas, Greater Union, Birch Carroll & Coyle, Village Cinemas and Moonlight Cinemas in Australia.

Edited by Brickus

Extra incentive for those still thinking about the Haunted House, now $169 at Kmart Southland. 3 sets left on the shelf.

Thanks for the tip. Rang up and got 2 sent down to my local store for $0 shipping! Given it's a 3 hour drive saved me a bunch.

I plane on boosting my parts inventory so this is a good start.

Myer has a new catalogue with some selected sets at arbitrary discounts ranging from 0-25% off. Bonus 10% off (multi-use) for Myer One with printed or in-catalogue voucher.

http://catalogues.myer.com.au/catalogue/myer-catalogue-toy-heroes/4y1u9dxpw.html?pid=promotedCatalogue#pageNo=2

Heartlake Juice Bar ends up @1/3 off. Oh and some competition too.

4 new TMNT sets on S@H today.

Ok thanks :classic:

Is that the only way to get it?

I don't fancy changing to Telstra just to enter a raffle :/

Looks like it, I caved and bought mine off BL for an obscene amount.

Does anyone know if any local retailers are doing any promotions with the new Hobbit movie? I know the game comes with a Bilbo minifigure, but not too sure if the BluRay does?

Does anyone know if any local retailers are doing any promotions with the new Hobbit movie? I know the game comes with a Bilbo minifigure, but not too sure if the BluRay does?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

S@H has double VIP points for 1-15th of April.

So you get 4 points for every $3 you spend, and then 100 points gives you a $7.50 voucher. (So every $75 you spend gives you $7.50 discount. Not brilliant, but for rare sets that you can't get at retail it's the cheapest time to do it other than aftermarket.)

edit: corrected values... :blush:

Edited by Artanis I

So you get 4 points for every $3 you spend, and then 150 points gives you a $10 voucher. (So every $225 you spend gives you $20 discount. Not brilliant, but for rare sets that you can't get at retail it's the cheapest time to do it other than aftermarket.)

For rare sets it's okay, I thinks it's pretty poor, based on the above, it's almost 10% (remember this is double points) - considering it's D2C and there is no middle man

S@H has double VIP points for 1-15th of April.

So you get 4 points for every $3 you spend, and then 150 points gives you a $10 voucher. (So every $225 you spend gives you $20 discount. Not brilliant, but for rare sets that you can't get at retail it's the cheapest time to do it other than aftermarket.)

Don't mean to be the 'VIP Points police', but just thought it might help to clarify that in Australia it's actually 100 points for a $7.50 'voucher' (which costs $150 to earn), so it normally equates to 5%, making double points equal to 10%. :-)

Not sure if it's my specific bank/type of credit card, but I always get charged an overseas transaction fee when I use LEGO S@H, even though they charge in AUD, so everything ends up costing me about 3% more than the S@H order total, meaning I barely break even with the regular 5% that the VIP points earn. :-(

Don't mean to be the 'VIP Points police', but just thought it might help to clarify that in Australia it's actually 100 points for a $7.50 'voucher' (which costs $150 to earn), so it normally equates to 5%, making double points equal to 10%. :-)

Not sure if it's my specific bank/type of credit card, but I always get charged an overseas transaction fee when I use LEGO S@H, even though they charge in AUD, so everything ends up costing me about 3% more than the S@H order total, meaning I barely break even with the regular 5% that the VIP points earn. :-(

First post WELCOME!

so it normally equates to 5%, making double points equal to 10%. :-)

That's what I thought earlier before doing the sums... then obviously did some incorrect assumption based on the points I have and "reward" available, coming up with a value that seemed strange :facepalm:

That'll teach me for trying to be informative. Thanks for joining to post!

just pop into Myer Sydney CBD, along with the toy "sale" they are giving away collectable Lego movie cards, 2 for every $30 spent (on Lego I think - that's all I bought so not sure)

Hi guys, I just picked up my copy of the LEGO Movie Videogame, at EB Games, and they said they were doing a promo, if you ordered TLM you can get the Robot DJ polybag extra if you preorder the LEGO Hobbit Videogame, so I did and now I have Western Emmet, Radio DJ and will be getting the Bilbo figure with the Hobbit. Still no idea about Pyjama Emmet.

If there is a movie out there that has more of a "I gotta go buy tie-in merchandise having seen this film" factor than The LEGO Movie I haven't seen it.

Went to see the movie then promptly went to MYER to pick up Lord Business Lair and Cloud Cuckoo Land :)

And I doubt I am the only one in here who has combined a LEGO Movie trip with LEGO purchases... :)

If there is a movie out there that has more of a "I gotta go buy tie-in merchandise having seen this film" factor than The LEGO Movie I haven't seen it.

Went to see the movie then promptly went to MYER to pick up Lord Business Lair and Cloud Cuckoo Land :)

And I doubt I am the only one in here who has combined a LEGO Movie trip with LEGO purchases... :)

I would have but I bought the sets a while ago.

Sales related news: Big W currently has the best deals on The LEGO Movie sets if your looking to get your fix.

Small sets - 15

Cloud Cuckoo - 24

Vehicles - 28

Metalbeard - 39

Creative Ambush - 49

Super Cycle - 59

Lord Business - 75

They also have the Emmet Clock $38, and Unikitty and Emmet LED lights for $10, I hope they get Lord Business and Bad Cop.

I paid less for both Lord Business and Cloud Cuckoo at MYER thanks to the extra 10% off for MYER One members.

Big W looks better for the 2 x small sets and for those vehicle sets MYER aren't discounting (castle one, flying flusher) but MYER with the 10% off deal for MYER-one is still cheaper on all the other sets.

Anyone know how long the MYER One 10% offer lasts for? (I am sorely tempted to go back and add Metalbeard to my collection and the current sale+10% off is the cheapest you can get him anywhere, not sure when I will be going back to MYER though)

Is it just me or does no one have Rescue Reinforcements?

It's a Toys-R-Us exclusive.