Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but all 3 of the new creator sets (the orange helicopter, beach house and big-rig truck) are in the K-Mart catalog for LESS than US RRP. So if you want em, the K-Mart sale is definatly the time to buy em.

Near as I can tell, the new-for-2012 City stuff in the K-Mart catalog seems bang on US RRP too.

Target Southland had a stack of R2D2s so I'm guessing it's going to be very easy to snag one for $200 on thursday.

Thanks for the link - the Garage is a great price - well done KMart, something decent in a sale.

Though have to say looking through that Kmart catalogue you realise just how much crud they sell. These generic "pirate" / "dinosaur" /"army" toys are such crud. My 3 year old was desperate for a $15 dino pack. Honestly its all landfill now as it just breaks (or was broken to begin with).

Lego must have an overload of older city sets that didn't sell or they ordered too many to begin with. The city space shuttle, police semi-trailer, sat van, fire 4x4 with trailer, monster fire 4x4 with big boat on the back were all clearance lines over the past year and now they are back.

Though Kmart are price matching BigW with the SW Desert Skiff at 35 bucks, also at 35 bucks the recycle truck with cool lift truck. :grin:

Now we wait for Myer's and see what they are going to order us ! :classic:

EDIT - Oh, crap.....HOLD THE PHONE.....Myer Toy Catalogue it's out and starts TOMORROW ! *oh2*

VW Van 129 bucks to start on the first page.

20% off Duplo for the little ones.

20% off Friend's (Olivia's House 99 bucks save 30)

In fact it's 20% all Lego (not sure about games though :blush:).

But the Tower Bridge is 100 off at 299 and the red 3677 train is back (Yeah :grin: , missed out last year :cry_sad: ) at 219 dollars.

Plus spend 75 bucks or more and get FREE membership to the Lego Club. :wink:

So the mad season begins tomorrow, good luck and happy shopping ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Damn you lightningtiger, you always beat me to the punch, I had one more post to read and no one had mentioned the Myer catalogue yet... :laugh:

Additional to other stuff already mentioned:

K Mart catalogue includes SW board game Battle Of Hoth at 40% off. Also, a bunch of other sets are 20-25% off including Jabba's Palace, new planet sets, Desert Skiff (SW), LOTR, Friends etc.

edit WHOA! Minitaurus at K Mart for $10, RRP $23

Edited by Artanis I

I just noticed on the Target website that the sale starts 6pm today and most stores are open till midnight.(online from 6pm too)

Catalogue prices on the same sets as their competitors are not as sharp though. :sceptic:

Just as well my MyerOne card arrived yesterday, might go pick up a second Red Cargo Train and the Train Station set.

Other than that, 20% off at Myer is no better than standard, and worse normally as they often have the buy 2 get 1 free sales.

I don't know how many of Olivia's House Myer and Target ($99) expect to sell considering their sale price is BigW's standard price ($98), and its on sale for $20 off that, down to a low $78.

The same with the Forest Police Station, $94 on sale at Myer, $74 on sale at BigW ($98 normally)

Kmart is the big winner for my shopping dollars with the Garage, Recycle Truck and might pick up another Police Station, plus finally buy the X-Wing.

I hope I get some money for my birthday (fat chance) so looks like I'm buying myself lots of presents, shame its a day late.

Does anyone know if Myer will have an extra 10% off for MyerOne members tomorrow?

Does anyone know if Myer will have an extra 10% off for MyerOne members tomorrow?

I'd take guess at next weekend to drive more people back and to combat Kmart and Big W.

BTW Myer Adelaide has a lot of stock now on their shelves :)

Well so far I am leaning to awarding Big W the prize for most attractive exclusives (Orc Forge, Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, Dino sets, SSD) and Kmart for the best prices.

I will probably drop in to the city tomorrow and see if I fancy picking up anything on a whim.

EDIT Toys R US are threatening to match any price and give you an additional 10% off if you can find any item cheaper, so that might be the way to go for any non-exclusive stuff.

Edited by TeufelHund

Well so far I am leaning to awarding Big W the prize for most attractive exclusives (Orc Forge, Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, Dino sets, SSD) and Kmart for the best prices.

I will probably drop in to the city tomorrow and see if I fancy picking up anything on a whim.

EDIT Toys R US are threatening to match any price and give you an additional 10% off if you can find any item cheaper, so that might be the way to go for any non-exclusive stuff.

Will Toys'R'Us have the Seaside House? If they beat K-Marts $35 by 10% then it makes it $31.50

I think there are conditions on the TRU price match plus 10%.

Imagine picking up the RRP$59.95 creator seaside house for $31.50. While kmart has them at $35.

I would think they will insist it is in stock and not under their inflated cost price.

Hopefully the garage will turn up there too and kmarts $99 becomes $89.10. Mmm must look into their policy terms and conditions.

Just came back from the vip night at chermside target, they have quite alot of r2-d2's new star wars wave plus about 20-25 diagon alleys for $223. People were going crazy there :laugh:

Edited by apps

Target Adelaide wasn't too bad. Saw two R2s but I have one.

I left with $50 worth of wooden Thomas engines for my 2 y.o. :) I'm doing most of my Lego shopping at Myer tomorrow!

Edited by distortme

got an R2 tonight - only had 5 in store - mt gravatt - someone bought 3, but looked like resellers :-(

Edited by jamonlego

Got 3 r2's tonight. One for myself, one for my son and one to keep all pretty in it's box :)

I'll be hitting up myer for the vw tomorrow

Hopefully the garage will turn up there too and kmarts $99 becomes $89.10.

Nice idea but it's a Kmart exclusive. :hmpf_bad:

But 99 bucks is better than 149 on S@H ! :grin:

Only tonight Target Newton had LOTR sets put out and BigW on Goodwood Road has the Orc Forge.

Well, it seems that K-Mart will be getting my money next Thursday (except for Myers -VW Combi)

Thinking I'm going to have to pick up my second 3677 Red Cargo Train tomorrow. Breaking it down it works out a bargain for Power Functions and track and other pieces for an extension to a train layout.

Dear oh dear. Poor credit card...

Likewise TTP for me tomorrow morning, slap Helm's Deep and 3677 on layby - thank goodness no deposit at Myers only a 10 dollar service fee to be paid first.

I saw no R2-D2's at Newton tonight, either already sold out or they are being brought out tomorrow. :blush: