Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Quick question, does anyone know if shops do Collectible Minifig returns?

Series 6 sold out way too quickly around here. Would it be possible to buy a whole box once Series 7 comes out, identify the ones you want, and then return the ones you don't want?

This would obviously depend on the store, but has anyone actually tried this? It would be more convenient doing this than buying them online or something for me, personally.

Series 6 sold out way too quickly around here. Would it be possible to buy a whole box once Series 7 comes out, identify the ones you want, and then return the ones you don't want?

This would obviously depend on the store, but has anyone actually tried this? It would be more convenient doing this than buying them online or something for me, personally.

I can not speak for any store but i purchased a box of S6 from my local Toyworld. I then went home sorted and took back 2 robots and a mechanic so they could sell them to another customer. picked up 3 randoms to replace them. This was done because they had run out of these in the open boxes they had and i had been dealing with them for 20yrs.

Altho most stores would look at you as if mad :)

You should be able to as most stores will refund an item within a short period of time, if it is in new condition still. It just depends whether you would be embarrassed to do so. I've returned minifigures before, but it was only 5 or 6, not a large amount & I returned the same amount as I had purchased.

Anyone heard any rumors of any kind of David Jones sale coming up?

Some of the Architecture sets are looking interesting (although I broken down and bought the Opera House at RRP today because its my birthday and I felt like spoiling myself :)

You should be able to as most stores will refund an item within a short period of time, if it is in new condition still. It just depends whether you would be embarrassed to do so. I've returned minifigures before, but it was only 5 or 6, not a large amount & I returned the same amount as I had purchased.

I suppose it would be a bit weird, buying a whole box and returning most of them the next day... :tongue:

Oh well, thanks anyway. I was under the impression that smaller items (the cheap stuff at counters) was unreturnable.

WOW, 25% off AND all the prices are at RRP (unlike MYER and their markup)

Almost makes it worth buying a few things like the TIE Fighter or Olivia's House. If only I had more money :(

All we need now is for Series 7 to show up at the same time as a nice sale and I will be happy :)

Toys R Us also has 20% off lego from wednesday. A good chance to get some of those TRU exclusives.

Oh, now upsets me......just brought the robbers hideout over the weekend.....I dislike TRU ! :hmpf_bad:

That's life I guess.....oh, noticed at Target T.T.P. that they had the new Technic tow-truck for 99 bucks.....25% off later in the week will be handy ! :wink:

I keep telling myself that I wont buy any more LEGO until Series 7 shows up but with so many sales and deals, its getting harder and harder to resist the urge to buy :(

...oh, noticed at Target T.T.P. that they had the new Technic tow-truck for 99 bucks.....25% off later in the week will be handy ! :wink:

It looks like Big W Online has some of the new Technic sets available too. I'm not sure about in-store, but I assume that if Target has them available in-store, Big W will too, or it will soon.

The price of the Technic Tow-Truck is cheaper at Big W than at Target ($88 vs $99 as reported by lightningtiger), but not as cheap as Target with a 25% off sale.

Big W Online also has free delivery on these items, ending March 28.

http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/construction/lego/technic/t/

Edit: I should also mention that none of these are available on the Lego Australia S@H site yet either.

Edited by Splat

Kmart are at it again

Went to Logan in QLd, got the Starwars Mandalorian battle packs at $9

Pirates of the carribean sets $9 for the captains cabin, fountain of youth and isle de muerta were both $19 and the mill was $45

Alien conquest are also marked down

Harry potter bus was $39 and the older ninjago sets are discounted too, waiting a bit for them to drop a bit more on them

Okay, sit down everyone....prepare yourselves.......in 3 days......

25% Off TOYS @ Target

Yay, looks like someone will finally get money from me for some Superheroes sets. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

Okay, sit down everyone....prepare yourselves.......in 3 days......

25% Off TOYS @ Target

Is that starting on Wednesday or Thursday then? I'm assuming Wednesday based on the date of your post.

Is that starting on Wednesday or Thursday then? I'm assuming Wednesday based on the date of your post.

Target sales start on a Thursday, as does this one. I noticed there wasn't a mention of Lego in the catalogue, so no extra special markdowns this time it seems.

Unfortunately Toyworld's big sale includes no Lego. But if you want Mega**** board games for cheap :hmpf:

Target Cannington WA had 4205 Offroad Command Centre from the Forest Police line. Silly me labyed it today at the full $69, only to read 25% off tomorrow! Back I go to relayby everything!

Well, its the time to buy the following at KMART !

Forest Police dog unit 39 bucks and copter 49 bucks.

X-wing again 97 bucks.......SW planets 12 bucks and Geo. Starfighter 45 bucks (Target still might be cheaper except with the copter).

Oh, yeah.....City recycle truck 39 bucks......time for me to scrape some cash together to buy one. :grin:

Is the Target sale the best price on the Tie Fighter and on the Friends house?

Yes.

Yes, again ! :laugh:

By the way, I have noticed that Kmart has selected Friends sets reduced as well, little ones 7, next size up 12.....it seems that the cafe and house have sold out in many places leaving the smaller sets behind. :look:

Edited by lightningtiger

So, Target has 25% off at the moment.

TRU and DJs have 20% off at the moment.

And I found my Tie Fighter at my local Big W for $68 regular price (24.5% off RRP). Don't miss out on it, imho this is one of the best-looking sets ever.