Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Damn you Shnake!

I didn't want to spend any more on Lego for the next month, but I had to check out the Myer sale.

And I just couldn't pass up finally buying a train. Then to make the deal worthwhile, I had to buy two other sets priced over $230.

I ended up getting:

3367 - Red Cargo Train

7938 - Passenger Train and

7965 - Millenium Falcon - nothing else had a high enough price as I don't really want a pirate ship, but I have been eyeing this off for a while.

This gave me a 30% saving. I would've bought another Red Cargo Train to resell but they only had the one.

Plus, picked up another 7066-Earth Defense HQ and 7065-Alien Mothership on clearance at Kmart (37% combined saving)

I picked up a City of Atlantis (7985) for $33 from Kmart.

We also picked up a Duplo doctor's clinic (5695) for $39 from Kmart.

Lucky duck! :wub_drool:

I know, it was sitting above a $33 price tag and I grabbed it and gave it to my husband to scan to double check (because it seemed too cheap to just be sitting there). It can't have been labeled at that price for long.

Special news everyone who are SW fans, a particular set will be come available again later in the year....clue - it's big and round....and that's no moon, that's a....? :grin:

Double confirm for two Lego retailers. :wink:

Ouch, our wallets will hurt this year ! :laugh:

Special news everyone who are SW fans, a particular set will be come available again later in the year....clue - it's big and round....and that's no moon, that's a....? :grin:

I assume you mean the Mini-figure version. I'm surprised they'll offer this up at retail again. Seem to recall Kmart having a few of these around warming shelves a few years back.

I assume you mean the Mini-figure version. I'm surprised they'll offer this up at retail again. Seem to recall Kmart having a few of these around warming shelves a few years back.

Kmart stocking minifigure The Death Star 10188 was a massive flop, I got one on clearance for $450 which was still way too much for the set, especially since

last year I could buy the 10188 from overseas at under $400 dollars.

The $699 RRP level for Australia is a joke, move on from the Death Star and perhaps bring in the Super Star Destroyer at a decent price...........

I would prefer the ssd instead. Many sw fans in aus would have already gotten this sw set from a particular online store last year at a very competitive rate.

I would prefer the ssd instead. Many sw fans in aus would have already gotten this sw set from a particular online store last year at a very competitive rate.

As do I. I remember paying $500 or so for the Death Star from K-Mart, I sorely regret missing out on that initial error at S@H where it was $320 or so. I currently have 4 of them after importing them cheap, so the sooner Lego discontinues them the better :D

People have been pillaging our local K-Mart of their older stock, and why wouldn't you when some sets are 60% off or more. I wonder how many old sets are located out the back which will find their way onto the shelves sometime in the near future! I'm still eyeing off the Harry Potter Hogwarts set for further reduction, as well as the Battle For Naboo set (one can never have enough battle droids!)

They did have the Hoth Board Game for $47.25 as well, tucked away behind some of the others.

It's a shame Myer did't have their sale on last weekend when I had access to a store! I would have loaded up on the Endor battlepacks

I sorely regret missing out on that initial error at S@H where it was $320 or so.

It was $399 - plus $55 or so in delivery. I did snag one, as I couldn't believe the price when it listed. I even got some email from LEGO saying they'd honor the price - which I found funny, given they had no re-course as the transaction had been completed.

I wonder if that LEGO Internet employee is still held somewhere in the bowels of LEGO :devil:

It was $399 - plus $55 or so in delivery. I did snag one, as I couldn't believe the price when it listed. I even got some email from LEGO saying they'd honor the price - which I found funny, given they had no re-course as the transaction had been completed.

I got it too, I also got the $120 Green Grocer! But I think they could have decided to not honour it, especially since it was a pre-order. You hear this happening all the time.

Yep, the wallets certainly will hurt if you pay full price. It is going to be $699 still, see here (Mr Toys site). I wouldn't be ordering many in if I was a toystore owner.

Yep, the wallets certainly will hurt if you pay full price. It is going to be $699 still, see here (Mr Toys site). I wouldn't be ordering many in if I was a toystore owner.

Ha, I love how they have made a point of enlarging and highlighting the words ONLY $699. Are these guys smoking something, good luck selling it guys :thumbdown:

Ha, I love how they have made a point of enlarging and highlighting the words ONLY $699. Are these guys smoking something, good luck selling it guys :thumbdown:

I know the price is funny, but check out the "Order Yours Today, stock expected in October".............. brilliant, I love to wait 7 months for something

which has been out for how long........ and be stupid enough to pay full RRP....... DREAMING !!!!!!

BigW are the only retailer this week with Lego specials......

9490 and 9491 - 10 bucks off at $ 28.72

20 bucks off both Tie fighter ($ 68) and X-wing fighter ($ 97).

Happy SW shopping at BigW ! :wink:

Damn, even at 68 bucks, the TIE fighter is STILL a rip-off IMO :)

Why must all the good sources of black/grey parts be over-priced licensed sets? :(

Any Myer One members out there?

I received an email today, I'm pretty sure the coupon said $20 off every $75 in one transaction?

Confirmed. I didn't mention it, because at best you can get @26.6% off, and the way that it works you're likely to have had a much better deal last week with the 3 for 2 offer. Plus Myer are adding a few $$ to the RRP and it doesn't work out much better than flat rate 20% off elsewhere.

Unless you just want to buy 1 large set.

Edited by Artanis I

4206 Recycling truck and forklift now avaiable at Kmart!

I just bought a copy of 4206 Kmart Chermside today. There are around 20 on the shelves.

I just bought a copy of 4206 Kmart Chermside today. There are around 20 on the shelves.

Is it at the RRP of $50?

None is South Oz yet, but I have been told by two seperate Kmarts it could be part of a catalogue sale in a week or two time tied into the school holidays.