Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Ah, this might answer your question.....

TRU USA web page for 6857

The words are written EXCLUSIVE....sorry. :sadnew:

$44.99 for the Funhouse, that can't be right, woot made it to page 500 :laugh:

Darn :hmpf_bad: oh well at least we know where to expect it. And really, it won't be that hard for me to buy online. I'm a big boy, I can handle it :laugh: thanks man

@Brickmania - note that the link lightningtiger provided was to the US Toys'R'Us site, so that is the US price. The US RRP is US$39.99 (link), the AU RRP is AU$89.99 (link).

If it is an exclusive in the US, does that mean that it will also be an exclusive in AU? Or do they have different agreements in different countries?

Are Season 6 minifigs widespread now? I saw them in Big W 2 weeks ago, but they were practically cleaned out, but there was nothing in my local Target last night when I was there.

On the back of the 2012 Lego catalogue it says on the minifig 6 page, "Limited Quantity".

I believe that small retailers have been told by Lego Aust that they are out of stock.

3 boxes per shop is certainly 'limited'.

Are Season 6 minifigs widespread now? I saw them in Big W 2 weeks ago, but they were practically cleaned out, but there was nothing in my local Target last night when I was there.

My local Myer (Warringah Mall, Sydney) had about 3 boxes today.

@Brickmania - note that the link lightningtiger provided was to the US Toys'R'Us site, so that is the US price. The US RRP is US$39.99 (link), the AU RRP is AU$89.99 (link).

If it is an exclusive in the US, does that mean that it will also be an exclusive in AU? Or do they have different agreements in different countries?

Usually a set that is a TRU US exclusive becomes a TRU Oz exclusive plus it's not in the first half catalogue for Oz as well ! :wink:

Usually a set that is a TRU US exclusive becomes a TRU Oz exclusive plus it's not in the first half catalogue for Oz as well ! :wink:

Thanks lightningtiger, that's good to know.

Creator Log Cabin is $35 at Kmart on clearance. That's around 30% off rrp and just a smidge over the Big W clearance price (sold out online anyway). Good value at that price (especially comparing it to the Kingdoms Kings Castle at the same price on clearance!). I was hoping their Alien Conquest was going to be also on clearance but no luck as yet... Also had my first look in person at the Superheroes Batwing and Batmobile sets - unbelievably overpriced at rrp, need to find a cheaper source o/s somewhere I think...

Spotted the Superheroes stuff in MYER today (which bodes well if MYER have another 25% off or 20%+10% off type sale)

Even at 20% off, that TIE Fighter is a rip-off IMO.

Will have to hope someone in .au parts one out on Bricklink so I can get the black bracket pieces I want :)

DC Super Heroes are starting to appear in Kmarts in Adelaide (Ingle Farm today), pricing close to S@H prices give...maybe a dollar or two cheaper a couple of the sets....must go back and double check. :blush:

Big W and Target in Underwood and Springwood respectively (QLD) seem to have all the latest sets in stock, DC, creator, ninjago etc, everything except series 6 minifigures

Big W and Target in Underwood and Springwood respectively (QLD) seem to have all the latest sets in stock, DC, creator, ninjago etc, everything except series 6 minifigures

Actually I take that back, I went back to Big W to pick up one of the storage tool boxes after going home to price check them online, and I noticed the price tag on the shelf for series 6 was there but there was none on the shelves, so they must have sold out already.

I went to the Underwood Toyworld as well and they have a box of series 6 at the counter

For those in the west, K-Mart in Inaloo has a few boxes of both S4 and S6 in stock (albeit at $5) so if you cant find them anywhere else, that is one option.

Myer Adelaide price matched Targets 20% SW sale - even the X-Wing and Droid Escape which are less than 20% off at $29 and $95 respectively.

They didn't have the TIE $69 so a walk down to Target and I'm sorted all except for the Y-Wing :)

Also Heartlake Vet @ Target Sunshine coast.Only set and only one of at $69

wow $69. From what I see it's probably worth $45. IMO

At Myer Tuggeranong ONLY, closing down sale, buy 2 toys get 30% off the total price.

Picked up some baseplates, Mill Village, another Hogwarts game for parts and the new forest police pickup chase. Moderate variety of sets still in stock, half box of s6 figs at the counter.

You need to buy an even number of items as the 30% off appears to apply to each pair of toys (rather than 30% off for 2 or more).

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Myer Adelaide has Super Heroes however about 10% more than everyone else. Interesting - counteract larger loss in frequent sales?

People are probably buying more without researching when there's a 20-25% off sale…

Myer Adelaide has Super Heroes however about 10% more than everyone else. Interesting - counteract larger loss in frequent sales?

People are probably buying more without researching when there's a 20-25% off sale…

Is this 10% above RRP or just 10% above Big W and K-mart? If the former, that's really not a smart move by Myer.

In the current Aussie retail climate, ANY store that prices LEGO above RRP is stupid. (and yes that includes the small guys like Toyworld)