Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

217 for the flagship is a very tempting price

and is target getting the diagon alley set for the upcoming sale?

Yes. But it's listed as 'limited stock' so I doubt stores will be getting too many each. If you want it, I'd suggest grabbing it on day one of their sale at what will most likely be 20% off.

Hmm, the wording is a little strange. "New range in store now" isn't the same as "exclusive to Big W", so there might be hope that the sets will be available elsewhere later. :classic:

Also, if the whole Pharaoh's Quest line is exclusive to Big W, then it's odd that they won't get new stock after store stock is depleted. Unless they are really that exclusive and they don't have any additional stock at all, then maybe it's just an early exclusive for a month or so.

It's listed in the latest Lego catalogue as an exclusive (which is Big W). Also when they've had exclusives before they've stocked them very poorly. Examples include, Lightsaber duel, the castle skeleton warship in previous years, and last year their stocks of Luke's landspeeder and the pig farm didn't hang around long after the sale. So for those that haven't already got the sets it's very disappointing that Big W are the ones with the exclusive. And no, it's not an early exclusive like Toyworld have with the Kingdoms sets.

Edited by hewman

My order from thehut.com came in today

Got whitecap bay, the mill and isla de muerta for 105 AUD all up which is amazing when you consider how much they are RRP in Australia

I am very happy

Hmm, the wording is a little strange. "New range in store now" isn't the same as "exclusive to Big W", so there might be hope that the sets will be available elsewhere later. :classic:

Also, if the whole Pharaoh's Quest line is exclusive to Big W, then it's odd that they won't get new stock after store stock is depleted. Unless they are really that exclusive and they don't have any additional stock at all, then maybe it's just an early exclusive for a month or so.

There is no sign of Pharoh's Quest being widely released for the rest of 2011 (at least for independants). I wouldn't rule out a possible appearance in 2012, but a theme lifetime of more than 6 months seems unlikely. If you like it and want it, you better grab it while it's on the shelf...

$279 for that big yellow beast.

Ta! Buying!

There is no sign of Pharoh's Quest being widely released for the rest of 2011 (at least for independants). I wouldn't rule out a possible appearance in 2012, but a theme lifetime of more than 6 months seems unlikely. If you like it and want it, you better grab it while it's on the shelf...

That's my thoughts. I'll have to buy some more ASAP...

Imperial Flagship for $217 :)

Hope they've got stock...

That's the big thing, sure all the stores have all these exclusives but if its like 5 per store than good luck. I for one will be there super early knocking on the door at Myer, "let me in I need to buy lego!!!!!!!"

If anyone else is there say hello I will be holding the tower bridge :laugh:

Saw the Tantive IV at KMart in Newcastle for $149. That's a pretty good price. I got it a few months ago for I think $169 and is a great set for display.

Imperial Flagship for $217 :)

Hope they've got stock...

During the mid year sale last year which Myer had the Imperial Flagship, they also offered an extra 10% off

so you might be able to get it for $195 which is what I paid for mine last year.

Keep an eye out for the extra Myerone discount.... if they have one this year.

This thread is on fire tonight…

This thread has replies like everyday. Definitely one of the liveliest threads in the "Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds" section of the forum. Makes me think that there are more Aussie members on these forums than any other countries lol.

This thread has replies like everyday. Definitely one of the liveliest threads in the "Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds" section of the forum. Makes me think that there are more Aussie members on these forums than any other countries lol.

Either that or us Aussies are just really stingy... *joking* :tongue:

Actually, all jokes aside it probably does represent how Aussies feel about the current pricing. I had a look at a few of the new Star Wars sets at BigW last week - every single one of them had a "you've got to be kidding" price attached. I certainly won't be buying any at full price...

Myer catalogue is up, last page for the goodies.

Also there's quite a few sets scattered throughout the catalogue under specific themes such as Cars (might have been PotC too). I didn't see the catalogue on myer.com.au, but it's there on lasoo.com.au for those that haven't seen it. The minifig sorting heads are super cheap at $30.

Edited by hewman

Either that or us Aussies are just really stingy... *joking* :tongue:

Actually, all jokes aside it probably does represent how Aussies feel about the current pricing. I had a look at a few of the new Star Wars sets at BigW last week - every single one of them had a "you've got to be kidding" price attached. I certainly won't be buying any at full price...

I feel the same. I bought ewok attack, MF and pod racers all on sale in Australia at 20 to 25% off and they are still way too expensive. I wanted them as they are OT and I had to buy them for our collection. Just bought all the new HP sets from US including delivery to Australia for 65% of the price they are in Australia. How can I buy sets in the USA pay $42 to deliver it to my door and it is still 35% cheaper than what I can buy it for at RRP in Australia. I'll say too, "You've got to be kidding" TLG.

Edited by cratra

With pricing the way it is here we Australians have to be very sharp consumers:)

With pricing the way it is here we Australians have to be very sharp consumers:)

I second that.

Heartily.

If I intend on buying a set to build then US is fine, I have a whole heap of Prince of Persia stuff coming from B&N.

If the set is for my collection where my standards of box condition come into play then I have to buy local, I'd rather spend 20% - 30% more than the US to get the perfect box with all english presentation. Also I reckon when and if you sell the sets in 2 - 3 years where the price is 100% - 200% above the price you paid you will be glad you got the Aus box. To fund my upcoming tower bridge I had to let go of a batman tumbler. :wink:

My standards are very high, one crease and its out. :cry_happy:

Edit: using the lego is a investment works as a good argument on the wife as well :)

Edited by Darth Draks

If I intend on buying a set to build then US is fine, I have a whole heap of Prince of Persia stuff coming from B&N.

If the set is for my collection where my standards of box condition come into play then I have to buy local, I'd rather spend 20% - 30% more than the US to get the perfect box with all english presentation. Also I reckon when and if you sell the sets in 2 - 3 years where the price is 100% - 200% above the price you paid you will be glad you got the Aus box. To fund my upcoming tower bridge I had to let go of a batman tumbler. :wink:

My standards are very high, one crease and its out. :cry_happy:

Edit: using the lego is a investment works as a good argument on the wife as well :)

I like your passion but you are wrong to think Lego is a really great investment. A few sets will increase a bit but it is really all about the demand the set gets in the unknown future that creates the price eg Cloud City. If I would have invested the 10K (conservative estimate) I have spent on lego I would be a lot better off. But would I be happier. No way.

While I agree Lego is hardly a sound investment, I think it's fairly easy to predict which sets will command a high price in the future if in MISB condition.

I would say the large, theme killer, sets from popular lines will be in high demand.

The Imperial Flagship definitely.

Possibly some of the Star Wars sets, the Death Star and the incoming Star Destroyer.

But we are talking maybe a couple of hundred dollars on top of retail.

Probably not worth it to keep a few massive boxes in perfect condition around the house:)

While I agree Lego is hardly a sound investment, I think it's fairly easy to predict which sets will command a high price in the future if in MISB condition.

I would say the large, theme killer, sets from popular lines will be in high demand.

The Imperial Flagship definitely.

Possibly some of the Star Wars sets, the Death Star and the incoming Star Destroyer.

But we are talking maybe a couple of hundred dollars on top of retail.

Probably not worth it to keep a few massive boxes in perfect condition around the house:)

I have a whole dedicated room with purpose built shelves for our display. I have a storage area filled with all the boxes but it is taking up lots of space. I think I might put them in the fireplace one day.

Edited by cratra

And Myer comes to the party :) Myer One gets you an extra 10% off your Lego.

Nice :thumbup: Do you know if that's an extra 10 % off starting from Thursday already?

And Myer comes to the party :) Myer One gets you an extra 10% off your Lego.

Is that offer advertised on the website?

Nice :thumbup: Do you know if that's an extra 10 % off starting from Thursday already?

As a valued MYER one Member, you'll save an additional 10% on already reduced toys, books, CDs, DVDs and console games from our current toy catalogue.

Simply present your MYER one Card at your favourite Myer store or visit gifts.myer.com.au and quote the coupon code: junetoy11 from Thursday 23 until Sunday 26 June 2011 to take advantage of this great offer

Is that offer advertised on the website?

Nope, offer has been E-Mailed to MyerOne members.

For those who will be ordering from Myer online, use this code for the additional 10% off: junetoy11

Edited by Clone-Trooper