Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Well Myer have come through 25% off toys for the weekend.

Yes, called it! (No warning, I swear.) I guess that can be this thread's new motto: "If no one else has a sale on, Myer will soon enough."

Heading in there now hoping they have something interesting. I suppose the discounted Fire Stations went ages ago.

I fear Kmart will have a great fall as Target and BigW will run right over them.

Yeah, they're useless. Maybe they think 24 hour trading will save them?! I can't tell you the number of times I've woken up at 3:00 am needing a LEGO set...

(Although I did actually appreciate Kmart's 24 hour trading when the Nintendo 3DS came out: very easy to grab one at midnight for $288. Of course, I didn't like it and sold it on eBay a few weeks later, but that's beside the point.)

Checked out a couple of MYER stores and there was nothing really good. Do they even stock the modular buildings now? I didn't see a single trace. And no Pet Shops of course.

Grabbed some City helicopters to use the parts for some custom builds. They're not bad at $11 odd a pop.

And the space buggy will make a cute mini MAKO (for Mass Effect fans out there). :tongue:

MYER will likely get one or more exclusive sets during their big mid-year toy sale (rumors suggest the London Bridge set is going to MYER which makes sense since they got the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower)

The 25% off sale is a good time to pick up some POTC (e.g. London Escape, Whitecap Bay) or some Cars if your store has them in stock (and if buying from overseas is not an option)

Hey folks,

Looks like TRU at Pac Fair have dropped the price of the Modular Fire Brigade if anyone is still chasing one. Yellow shelf ticket price was at $199

If there is anyone left who isn't against ordering from TheHut.com they have a great deal on PoTC sets today. The sets are a pre-order for release June 3. The prices are already pretty good on most sets and there is a coupon code giving 20% off Lego. You can put as many sets as you want in an order and you get 20% off them all and free delivery of course. The coupon code is LEGO20 and I think it is valid today only. Im not holding my breath on the PoTC order being honoured but I am happy to give it a go at those prices. QAR comes out to about $92 delivered.

Picked up Mario/Angry McQueen, Mater's Spy Zone and Boat does not float from Myer Tuggeranong with the 25% off.

They had all the Cars sets except the ultimate builds and all the POTC except for QAR.

:classic: :classic:

apologies if this has been mentioned before - lego shop (AU) at home now has Pharaohs quest sets on-line - not that this is the best way to buy them, but hopefully indicates they are closer to arriving here - as many have said, most likely in June sales

Hi Guys

I've bought online overseas before but never from Barnes and Noble.

I noticed someone mentioned them earlier on and the 30% off deal with very low postage seems to hard to resist.

Are they worth it?

Cheers

Inger

Just a heads up on buying from overseas, it's best to use paypal if you can and always buy from a reputable online shop. I bought over 500 worth of Lego for myself and a few buddies with priority shipping and 7 weeks later have not received anything. I didn't pay with paypal so that avenue is closed and my only option is now to dispute the transaction with the bank. Also its all gone quite over there so no responses back from my 10 emails.

I won't name the store until my case is resolved however barnes and noble are reliable and so are many on brick link, just check their feedback. If your a collector and box condition is important best to buy from Oz as you can see what your buying, just wait for a sale.

MYER Perth CBD had plenty of POTC and Cars stuff (every Cars set except the Ultimate Build Francesco, Big Bentley Bust Up, Spy Jet Escape and Tokyo International Circuit)

Nothing else special though.

David Jones also had Cars and POTC as well as 1 box each of Series 3 and Series 4.

Has anyone seen the PotC set "Isla de la Muerta" at a Myer or TRU in Adelaide?

I couldn't see any at either the city or TTP stores :sad: I'm not sure if they had any of those sets to begin with, if they sold out (but they have plenty of the other sets) or if this set got pulled off the shelves.

Everyone's favorite store....Toy Corner now has Cars2 and POTC sets in stock, normal retail prices but next school holidays maybe they'll do their 15% off sale again ? :wink:

Everyone's favorite store....Toy Corner now has Cars2 and POTC sets in stock, normal retail prices but next school holidays maybe they'll do their 15% off sale again ? :wink:

No need to plug Toycorner again, even if they did get the PoTC & Cars 2 sets in, they're still wayyyyyyyy over priced and always will be at RRP!

15% off won't sell those sets, 20% off won't move the stock and with Myer having 25% off on all Toys and Lego still doesn't sell the sets at those

Australian RRP levels.

"Keep on boycotting RRP pricing, ORDER FROM OVER SEAS AND SAVE !!!!!!"

No need to plug Toycorner again, even if they did get the PoTC & Cars 2 sets in, they're still wayyyyyyyy over priced and always will be at RRP!

15% off won't sell those sets, 20% off won't move the stock and with Myer having 25% off on all Toys and Lego still doesn't sell the sets at those

Australian RRP levels.

"Keep on boycotting RRP pricing, ORDER FROM OVER SEAS AND SAVE !!!!!!"

Ouch, no need to get like that 'C-T', to be truthful I wait to the sales are on....it's very rare that I pay RRP for Lego anyway ! :wink:

I go there for spare parts, I was only there today that's how I know what they have.

Luck if you can order overseas, I don't have a bank account or credit card so ordering must be done local. And no I don't have Pay-Pal neither.

Brick On ! :classic:

If there is anyone left who isn't against ordering from TheHut.com they have a great deal on PoTC sets today. The sets are a pre-order for release June 3. The prices are already pretty good on most sets and there is a coupon code giving 20% off Lego. You can put as many sets as you want in an order and you get 20% off them all and free delivery of course. The coupon code is LEGO20 and I think it is valid today only. Im not holding my breath on the PoTC order being honoured but I am happy to give it a go at those prices. QAR comes out to about $92 delivered.

I feel a bit stupid now having rushed out and bought the QAR for AUD 150 from Target. Wondering if I should buy this one from the hut and then with receipt return it to target as I've already opened and built the one I bought. Does this actually work? Or are the barcodes different?

This will teach me for being overly-enthusiastic...

I feel a bit stupid now having rushed out and bought the QAR for AUD 150 from Target. Wondering if I should buy this one from the hut and then with receipt return it to target as I've already opened and built the one I bought. Does this actually work? Or are the barcodes different?

European barcodes and Australian barcodes are usually the same. USA barcodes are often different. (That's why the barcode scanner apps for iPhone and Android often fail to work on Aussie products unless the app searches a worldwide database.)

So you'd probably be able to return it. The main other risk is if the box gets crushed in transit, Target may not feel it is in suitable condition for a return.

Personally, though, I'd just enjoy your early purchase and use the "paid too much" pain as a lesson to encourage patience in the future - as justification for the wait to get an overseas delivery.

I ended up buying the rather poor 4192 Fountain of Youth set at $29, even though I just know we're going to see it hit super clearance in a month or two and go for $12 or so like Harry Potter Dobby's Release did when they wanted to clear them. That's a set no one is buying.

I wouldn't beat myself up about it if I were you, there is no guarantee our orders will get delivered and now that the deal is on every Lego forum I have looked at today I am definitely not confident. One person even claimed to have called thehut and been informed that they only have 25 QARs on pre-order from the distributor and they have already pre-sold 30+ so some people may be missing out. The thing about ordering overseas is patience, a good deal will always come and if it falls through there will no doubt be another one, but a lot of the time you cant afford to wait especially if its a present or something. As someone else mentioned box condition is another factor. I import a lot of sets and usually anything that gets sent airmail gets somewhat damaged (box not the contents). If I were you I would be happy with your purchase, but as someone else said doesn't hurt to keep an eye out for these sort of deals in the future!!

It'll work. The barcodes are the same. Make up a story like you bought it a couple of weeks ago to put aside for your spoilt-brat nephew's birthday but he already has one.... ;)

Edited by Cadder

For anyone waiting for this theme, Pharaoh's Quest is now trickling into Big W stores:

5749490716_fc0def38ba_b.jpg

The pricing is on the high side as usual - the Scorpion Pyramid is $148, which is lower than S@H's $159.99, so Big W is effectively giving a discount of 7.5%.

The US RRP is $99.99, so we're being fleeced of course, though not quite as bad as the POTC markup of double the price for most sets.

Normally it'd be a case of waiting for a 20-25% sale at Target, Myer, etc, but I think someone mentioned Pharaoh's Quest was exclusive to Big W which, if so, probably means those prices are as good as it's going to get in an Australian store (unless they eventually hit Big W's clearance rack).

Well, I've already got all the Pharaoh's Quest sets I want from Barnes & Noble & Ebay at much cheaper prices than the above (Scorpion Pyramid was <$90 delivered) but I have to say they are beautiful sets and worth picking up if the theme interests you at all.

Incidentally I tried to get the QAR off B&N with the 30% off coupon posted earlier and they cancelled my order after a couple of days - no problem except they failed to redeem the coupon... :angry:

Edited by TeufelHund

Anyone seen (or gotten a BigW price for) the golden staff guardians (with the motorbike)?

Anyone seen (or gotten a BigW price for) the golden staff guardians (with the motorbike)?

I would guess around $16.64 as the RRP is $17.99 if the standard Big W price of 7.5% less than RRP is to be believed.

Big W have a couple of the sets online now - just for in store pickup, but it seems they are coming slowly

pyramid - $148

Flying Mummy attack - $34.48

I saw Cars2 set 8679 Tokyo International Circuit in TRU Chatswood today for only $159.99. That's a generous $10 discount off S@H RRP and only $100 above what I'd consider actually paying.

I saw Cars2 set 8679 Tokyo International Circuit in TRU Chatswood today for only $159.99. That's a generous $10 discount off S@H RRP and only $100 above what I'd consider actually paying.

Oh you :laugh: