Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

BTW Fishpond have further dropped the Solar Sailor to $62.47

Oooohh that's tempting at that price!

Oooohh that's tempting at that price!

Yes, but good luck if they ever deliver it. I just had to cancel a DS Black order (which I'd got for under $40), but after endless email updates delaying the shipping date I decided to cancel the order. They are hopeless fishpond.

Keep on annoying customers with stock you never intend to get in !!!!

Yes, but good luck if they ever deliver it. I just had to cancel a DS Black order (which I'd got for under $40), but after endless email updates delaying the shipping date I decided to cancel the order. They are hopeless fishpond.

Keep on annoying customers with stock you never intend to get in !!!!

I got my Vaders TIE Fighter from them with a little delay but I've heard the stories. Still.... am still tempted :/

Bargain of the day, picked up a Western Train chase for $69 at Target (thats $90 off RRP). Gives me enough parts to finish up a new extended cars MOD (with a twist) that I'm working on (and enough little red train wheels for a German Pacific loco with tender I'll be building later on).

Also used the Myer 3 for 2 to get a few things and grabbed a couple of the mini helicopter plastic box creator sets. Needed them particularly for a couple of yellow 1x1 tiles, the final 2 missing pieces for my Yellow Maersk loco. Yay.

Saw (but didn't buy) a battered Maersk container ship as a shop called Tiny Tots (?) for $230 (expensive by Bricklink price guide but rare to see). They had some sort of Lego building thing going for the kids with all sorts of Lego scattered about.

They had a nice Lego display with a good variety of sets, including a few Architecture sets (at those crazy Aussie prices you see them at) and they had one of those polybag police boat sets I haven't seen stocked anywhere else.

Good to see another independent with Lego on sale even though their prices were a touch above retail.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Bargain of the day, picked up a Western Train chase for $69 at Target (thats $90 off RRP). Gives me enough parts to finish up a new extended cars MOD (with a twist) that I'm working on (and enough little red train wheels for a German Pacific loco with tender I'll be building later on).

Also used the Myer 3 for 2 to get a few things and grabbed a couple of the mini helicopter plastic box creator sets. Needed them particularly for a couple of yellow 1x1 tiles, the final 2 missing pieces for my Yellow Maersk loco. Yay.

Saw (but didn't buy) a battered Maersk container ship as a shop called Tiny Tots (?) for $230 (expensive by Bricklink price guide but rare to see). They had some sort of Lego building thing going for the kids with all sorts of Lego scattered about.

They had a nice Lego display with a good variety of sets, including a few Architecture sets (at those crazy Aussie prices you see them at) and they had one of those polybag police boat sets I haven't seen stocked anywhere else.

Good to see another independent with Lego on sale even though their prices were a touch above retail.

Which Target did you find the Toy Story 3 train at??

G;day everyone, a quick line here, it appears Laygo has closed his Port Adelaide market stall, but someone else has started upstairs with imports from the states. Oh, by the way the guy has a set there I want.....so leave it for my son's birthday please ! :classic:

Clue to the set is toot-toot and pale blue ! :wink:

Keep on looking ! :grin:

G;day everyone, a quick line here, it appears Laygo has closed his Port Adelaide market stall, but someone else has started upstairs with imports from the states. Oh, by the way the guy has a set there I want.....so leave it for my son's birthday please ! :classic:

Clue to the set is toot-toot and pale blue ! :wink:

Keep on looking ! :grin:

What is their pricing like? Below, at or above Aussie rrp?

Myer Sydney City store has a fair amount of train track in stock.

Switch Tracks: $24.95 (RRP)

Felxi and Straight Tracks: ticketed at $24.95 ($5 off RRP), scanned at the register at $29.95 (RRP) but corrected and sold at the marked price.

It's great to see some track stocked because it's been a real rarity over the last few years. I wonder if it will start showing up elsewhere.

Edited by AussieJimbo

What is their pricing like? Below, at or above Aussie rrp?

Shop @ Home prices without the freight....that's on most sets, except the 6212 X-wing about 100 bucks.

Not sure if anyone's interested since Myer had it's Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Saturday, but

in todays SA Advertiser Myer is advertising a 20% off all toys sale.

I just ordered some 7996 RC Train crossovers for $30 from Bricks to the World.

www.bttw.com.au

Good price for a very useful track piece that's no longer in production.

Looks like the pirates have landed in Australia! I sighted these at Toys R Us Hurstville (Sydney) this afternoon:

5663518900_c324e4ceb0.jpg

The obscenely high (relative to the US) retail prices were as indicated in this thread a few pages back, but if you spend $100 and use the Toys R Us coupon, you can get 20% off.

The sets that were on the shelf at Hurstville were 4182 The Cannibal Escape ($59.99), 4183 The Mill ($79.99), 4192 Fountain of Youth ($39.99), and 4193 The London Escape ($99.99).

With the discount coupon (assuming you buy at least $100 worth), these prices become respectively $48, $64, $32, and $80. They didn't have the other sets on shelf, though Hurstville is a dinky little TRU, so the other sets (QAR, Captain's Cabin, Whitecap Bay, and Isla de Muerta) may be at bigger TRU stores.

Personally, I have an pre-order from Barnes & Noble due to be sent next week, so I'll just wait for that. But if you're impatient, you can at least get into POTC for less than retail price. The Toys R Us coupon lasts until Sat 30/4/2011.

Great, thanks for the info dotmike, can't wait for these to hit the shelves near me, hopefully with a 20% off sale around the corner.

Edited by Brickus

I'm appalled that TLG keeps RRPs for all sets in Australia above 50% more than the US for most sets. I just saw the news, the AUD is currently 1.09 for every 1USD. I'm a big lego fan, but I won't be purchasing anything until prices lower. They should take cue from Apple, they lower their product prices when the dollar gets stronger. I'm mostly into the massive collector's sets, so shipping prices usually makes importing pretty pointless.

Yeah, it is pretty appalling, but its been like that a for a while. That's really why this thread is so worthwhile, because sales/clearances are the only times you're paying a reasonable, non-inflated cost for sets.

Edited by Tony Almeida

Lego has to be absolutely INSANE with those prices! I know the "cost of living is set to rise" but honestly this is (excuse the pun) flat out piracy! I assume if the Fountain of Youth set is $39 dollars i assume the captains cabin must be around $20, I think i will skip this.

Amazon.co.uk has the Brickmaster series of books on sale at the moment. You can preorder the 2011 ones for a pretty decent price. I put the Ninjago and City Brickmasters in my cart and the total was around $35 delivered for the two books. It gave me free super saver delivery to Aus even though the total is less than 25 pounds...oh well not gonna complain!!

Hopefully they will appear at retailers like MYER or Target soon (preferably with a %off sale)

No sign of anything useful (POTC or otherwise) in Perth CBD today.

Thanks for let us know 'dotmike', I'm a little p.o.'ed with Lego Oz, they told me only yesterday they didn't know who and what and where POTC would be appearing - only saying second half of 2011 - big deal ! :hmpf_bad:

Why in the eastern states and not South Australia.....gee, I would have loved to buy a POTC set for the my son's 11th on Sunday. But no....where I live we don't have them ! :hmpf_bad:

And worse, there is nothing I can do about it ! :sadnew:

Nothing at Toys R Us in Cannignton, WA today.

:hmpf_bad:

Just QAR for me, the rest of series doesn't look too interesting.

I really hope Lego gets back to the traditional Pirate line; they were much more charming.

I really hope Lego gets back to the traditional Pirate line; they were much more charming.

Agreed - I imagine the 2009 Pirates only lasted one wave because the POTC deal was signed and sealed shortly after it was released...sigh.

Have any of the new Kingdoms sets been seen as well as the POTC sets? Some of those are of more interest to me than the POTC line and apparently have been turning up at TRU in the US.

Can't remember if this has been reported but I saw 3661 Bank & Money Transfer at K-mart the other night for $89, hoping for a 20% off sale. This is K-mart exclusive right?

Toys R Us Pacific Fair have the Straight Packs of track $29.95 and the Turnout Set's for $24.95 - if anyone is in need of some more track... I'm picking up some turnouts packs while the 20% off is running.