Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Good move, Brett. Now if your wife wants some alone time, all she has to do is suggest you build the imperial flagship, it will keep you occupied for many hours. Also, I don't know how you build, but this set has no numbered bags so it's definitely worth spending an hour or two beforehand doing an ordered sort of pieces.

I have previously built the Grand Carousel and that is 3200 odd pieces and no numbered bags either. I haven't opened it yet but I will probably do the same group the peices check they are only the number as per the back of the instructions put the spares aside and start building knowing every part must be used.

Some day!

Does anyone know where we'll be finding the two exclusive Star Wars sets in Australia?

K-Mart and TRU like last year?

Forgot I'm going to need to find these too :)

Myer TTP rang me, so tomorrow morning I go put on a huge SW 2011 layby and oh, yeah Target Newton, all new except for clone BP, but they did have some of the ninja sets which are NOT spinners.

Keep on looking and shopping ! :grin:

Cannot see mention of this in the forum. Just a quick note :- the new city 2011 sets starting to show up at bigw (QV - VIC)... And true to form cheaper than rrp e.g. 7286 prisoner transport $27.xx.

Cannot see mention of this in the forum. Just a quick note :- the new city 2011 sets starting to show up at bigw (QV - VIC)... And true to form cheaper than rrp e.g. 7286 prisoner transport $27.xx.

Cannot deny the low prices at Big W. Confirmed the following prices for sets cheaper (by a fraction) compared to all other retailers:

* 7286 Police Transport $27.64

* 7288 Mobile Police Unit $68.72

* 7498 Police Station $124

* 7287 Police Boat $47.66

Kmart are doing well with their pricing on a few sets as well. A few introductory sale prices to coincide with Back To School sales.

* 7741 Police Minifigure Collection $12.00 (Bondi Junction had this at $12.50 on Monday morning)

* 7285 Police Dog Unit $ 18.50 (BIG W for $18.66 - everyday prices!)

* 7194 Mandalorian Battle Pack $19

* 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack $19

* 7498 Police Station $124

* All basic Ninjago sets $12

* 2257 Spinjitzu Starter Set $25

Not all Kmarts/Big Ws have started stocking the new sets. Of all the stores I visited today, none have set up pegs for the basic sets yet.

Just been to Target in Melbourne CBD, they have series 3 minifigs on the shelves - a whole row of them, about 8 boxes (i think) A few ppl there trawling through them with me, one fella kindly gave me a copy of the dot code to help with the sorting. I scored 4 elves, 3samuri, 2 fishermen and a gorilla - one of the fishermen i mistakenly picked as an elf, so i'd advise corfirming the dot codes by feel before purchasing.

Apparently a lego rep was there earlier and wasn't pleased to hear about ppl sorting by dot codes. Yeah well, we weren't pleased with the price increase either! :hmpf:

Btw, i saw they also had the ninjago sets (not the spinners) out on the shelves as well. Happy hunting! :classic:

Just been to Target in Melbourne CBD, they have series 3 minifigs on the shelves - a whole row of them, about 8 boxes (i think) A few ppl there trawling through them with me, one fella kindly gave me a copy of the dot code to help with the sorting. I scored 4 elves, 3samuri, 2 fishermen and a gorilla - one of the fishermen i mistakenly picked as an elf, so i'd advise corfirming the dot codes by feel before purchasing.

Apparently a lego rep was there earlier and wasn't pleased to hear about ppl sorting by dot codes. Yeah well, we weren't pleased with the price increase either! :hmpf:

Btw, i saw they also had the ninjago sets (not the spinners) out on the shelves as well. Happy hunting! :classic:

So you can confirm the $4.99 price of the Series 3?

Great to hear that Series 3 has arrived in the land down under (and that Target has it in stock which should make it easier to stand there feeling the bags than it would be if it was at Toyworld)

So you can confirm the $4.99 price of the Series 3?

$4.90 actually, but yeah, they are more expensive. :hmpf_bad:

Spotted the new police station at Ingle Farm Kmart, only $124.....not bad considering the rest of the sets are at R.R.P. plus clone and Mando BP's are flying out the door....especially the Mando's.

I got luck at Myers, they had 4 SW sets on hold at 25% off from the other day....I then said Oh, I don't remember seeing the police station.....yep, 25% off that too ! :wink:

Me, Happy ! :laugh:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Target in East Victoria Park (perth) as of tonight (Thursday) had new Star Wars, new police plus the new NinjaGo (including the bike, ice dragon etc)

No series 3 that I could see anywhere. They DID however have one single example of the 2010 City advent calendar on the shelf (but at $50 or so I wasnt buying)

hi all,

I am in overseas now, Hong Kong. I buy 3 sets in here and I would like to share how silly Lego Australia setup their price

Town House 8403 - HK$341 = AUS $44.57

Bank and Money Transfer 3661 - HK$419 = AUS $54.77

Winter Bakery Shop 10216 - HK$520 = AUS $69.97

AUS $1 = HK $7.65 (which is lower than actually currency nowadays)

I am really disappointed about how Lego.australia setup their cost....

Target, Maroochydore Queensland, has Series 3 Minifigures at $4.90, about 8 boxes. I resisted buying a box because I wouldn't know what to do with all the leftovers, and it is just cheap chinese plastic, however I did manage to score all 16 feeling the bags and using the cheat sheet, without any doubles, it took me a whole hour though.

Edited by Brickus

hi all,

I am in overseas now, Hong Kong. I buy 3 sets in here and I would like to share how silly Lego Australia setup their price

Town House 8403 - HK$341 = AUS $44.57

Bank and Money Transfer 3661 - HK$419 = AUS $54.77

Winter Bakery Shop 10216 - HK$520 = AUS $69.97

AUS $1 = HK $7.65 (which is lower than actually currency nowadays)

I am really disappointed about how Lego.australia setup their cost....

I might be going to H.K this year. Which shop are you buying the Lego? Whereabouts is it? thanks in advance.

Target, Maroochydore Queensland, has Series 3 Minifigures at $4.90, about 8 boxes. I resisted buying a box because I wouldn't know what to do with all the leftovers, and it is just cheap chinese plastic, however I did manage to score all 16 feeling the bags and using the cheat sheet, without any doubles, it took me a whole hour though.

You live in Maroochydore? Cool! Thanks for confirming that. I might go down this afternoon.

I might be going to H.K this year. Which shop are you buying the Lego? Whereabouts is it? thanks in advance.

hi Guy,

Depends where you will live in HK, normally you can find Lego in large deparment stores, like Toy r us, UNI, Sogo or Justco

They will sell standard official Lego from Lego.hk.

However, you may goto some small shops in, Nathan Road, IN'S POINT shopping centre, Yau Mai Tei, close to Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. (please search it in Google)

Or

http://www.brickstime.com <-- this shop you can pay via Visa/Mastercard

These shops are opening in late night, saying normally 19.00 - 22.00 in weekdays cos their owners should have been working full time job.

Just kindly reminder, most of the shops are not accepting AE in HK, and most of the small shops are ONLY accepting cash.

so please let me know if you like to have further information.

Edited by bright22

For those in Adelaide, for today and the weekend, Toyworld in the city has 25% off all floor stock of lego (no layby available). They haven't put anything new out, the best I could see was their exclusive city house set they have (I think down from $80 to $60) and also that street corner city set with bus and pizza shop (down from $100 to $75). They also had the small toy story dump truck down from $40 to $20 out the front of the store (plenty of those in stock).

For those in Adelaide, for today and the weekend, Toyworld in the city has 25% off all floor stock of lego (no layby available). They haven't put anything new out, the best I could see was their exclusive city house set they have (I think down from $80 to $60) and also that street corner city set with bus and pizza shop (down from $100 to $75). They also had the small toy story dump truck down from $40 to $20 out the front of the store (plenty of those in stock).

Just to follow up, the sale also applies to toyworld at parafield and harbour town (and one more location I believe). toyworld tend to have some older sets that no-one else has anymore, so it might be well worth a visit if you're into that stuff. personally i picked up a castle set and a few train tracks from parafield.

Hey Guys,

I was just looking on Lego.com.au online for the new Star Wars sets when suddenly I saw something

which wasn't right....... The Battle of Endor set had a price of $179.99......

Lego.com give Australians a price reduction....... that's unherd off !!!!

And when did the Republic Dropship 10195 have a price tag of $299.99????

Wasn't it $399 or $349 RRP?

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8038&cn=240&d=322

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10195&cn=416&d=322

Target Canberra Centre has about 4 boxes series 3 minifigs left.

I saw new SW sets but was concentrating on picking up the minifigs so I didn't really check the rest of the shelf out.

I was having a chat with a Mum and Dad while I was there, they would have bought their kids some minfigs but thought $4.90 was too much. And they are right. I'm a sucker.

Fingers crossed I managed to pick up a full set but I'm doubtful. The new dot codes are a PITA.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Oh well, I ended up one short, missing out on the tennis player. Not a bad result, picked up the elf and the snowboard as my 3rd and 2nd last when I was down to 3 out of 3 to complete the set.

I should add that a sales lady at Target helped me find a couple of figures with the bump code sheet I had rather than showing any concern and let me take one of the empty display boxes which was nice.

Has anyone seen the minifigs at Kmart or TRU yet?

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Hey Guys,

I was just looking on Lego.com.au online for the new Star Wars sets when suddenly I saw something

which wasn't right....... The Battle of Endor set had a price of $179.99......

Lego.com give Australians a price reduction....... that's unherd off !!!!

And when did the Republic Dropship 10195 have a price tag of $299.99????

Wasn't it $399 or $349 RRP?

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8038&cn=240&d=322

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10195&cn=416&d=322

The dropship was $400 RRP but obviously no-one bought it, Kmart had it on 'sale' at $350 but again, no-one bought it, so they kept slashing it until eventually it was $174 and then Eurobricks members (including yours truly) went into a feeding frenzy and snagged them all.

And Endor was always $150-ish in stores.

S&H never has 'good' prices.

For those in the west, Target in the CBD has plenty of Series 3 figs.

Went in there and some other lego fans were doing the "feel the bag" trick. Joined in and started looking and then realized that I could pull out my new Nokia N900 and bring up the dot codes.

Used the dot codes plus bag feeling to help the others get the ones they wanted before spending a pile of time obtaining the ones I wanted.

Ended up buying 14 figs:

Rapper

Snowboarder x 3

Baseball player x 2

Tennis player x 2

Fisherman x 2

Pilot

Alien

Cyborg

Elf

Decided that trying to organize getting some from overseas wasnt worth it. Shipping costs would have been a pain as would payment (since I hate PayPal) plus getting the mix of figs I wanted and yet being able to offload everything else would have been hard (especially the doubles)

Bring on Series 4 (already have my eye on 11 different figs with some multiples like the punk rocker, hockey player and scientist, boy these collectible minifigs are going to cost me a fortune if LEGO keeps making them so damn good :)

Target at Blacktown (NSW) had 4.5 boxes of figs on the shelf yesterday. I picked up 7 (doubled up on the snowboarder) using the dot code. Some of the oters were very hard to pick. Pity they're expensive, my wife would've bought another three or four on impulse if they had been cheaper. Oh well!!

My Target had about 6 boxes, though they have decided to store them in the Sounds dept to cut down on theft according to the staff member. So I decided to just feel a few bags as I didn't pack the dot patterns. As luck would have it I scored

1 Mummy

1 Samurai

1 Squiddie

1 Baseball player

A hula girl, elf and gorilla would have also been icing on the cake but 4.90 a random fig is a bit excessive for going crazy on a whole box.

Maybe I will memorize a few patterns and head back later :devil: