Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Very true TRU at least price matches, sad they don't have Lay-By eh ? :hmpf:

They have the sparky truck for only 14.99, again not much really....though wait to you all see the giant Lego Sign up in the store - over 6 feet High - TS, CW and other Lego themes are pictured larger than life ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Myer sales roundup. starts thursday 16th sept finishes sunday 10th october.

Where did you hear about this? It's not in their online catalogue, unless they haven't put it up yet...

Where did you hear about this? It's not in their online catalogue, unless they haven't put it up yet...

its on the back page of a toy sale catalogue sitting on my desk that came in the mail.

Toys r us Adelaide still had quite a few series 1 figs by the counter for $2.99. I'm not sure of the fine print in their catalogue but quite a few toy story 3 sets were on small discount, so I don't know if these are excluded from the 40% off. In some cases the discount put them down to RRP. There did seem to be plenty of stock of the sale sets, and I can thoroughly recommend the SP3 set they have at a genuine 40% off.

Also, has anyone seen the Prince of Persia Quest against time set on clearance at k-mart, if so do you remember the price?

Edited by hewman

Toys r us Adelaide still had quite a few series 1 figs by the counter for $2.99.

If only I was anywhere near a TRU.

Also, has anyone seen the Prince of Persia Quest against time set on clearance at k-mart, if so do you remember the price?

It was $68 on clearance when I checked.

Hey Lightningtiger, where's this so called BIG Toys'R'Us September sale you mentioned?

Surely it can't be the minimal amount they have in Thursdays catalogue with highly over priced Lego sets which take it down to normal sale prices?

I for one am disappointed with what they're offering, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised with Toys'R'Increased?

And how can they charge $111 for TS3 Pizza Truck? Is anyone for real these days.

Disappointing...................

K-Marts PoP sets aren't really marked down yet, they've taken minimal off at full RRP so it doesn't

really make it attractive yet to buy.

Edited by Clone-Trooper

It was $68 on clearance when I checked.

Thanks mate, not exactly worth grabbing a second one at that price!

Hey Lightningtiger, where's this so called BIG Toys'R'Us September sale you mentioned?

Surely it can't be the minimal amount they have in Thursdays catalogue with highly over priced Lego sets which take it down to normal sale prices?

I for one am disappointed with what they're offering, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised with Toys'R'Increased?

And how can they charge $111 for TS3 Pizza Truck? Is anyone for real these days.

Disappointing...................

K-Marts PoP sets aren't really marked down yet, they've taken minimal off at full RRP so it doesn't

really make it attractive yet to buy.

Gee, 'Clone-Trooper' I was only going by the information fed to me by Lego themselves a month or so ago.

Anyway we all expect TRU to be dearer usually, now with Kmart - not all the stores do clearance at the same time.

Hi, everyone just had word that 8403 City House is slated for October release to Toyworld. :thumbup:

But sad news is that series 2 minifigs are no where in sight yet ! :thumbdown:

Anyway, I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

well thats great news i was told next year!?! well i hope your right i cant wait!!!! :grin:

Lunch time update:

Went to Toys R Us and the toys r us truck scans at $59.99. Although in another part of the shop they had the lego toy truck on a shelf with a big yellow price tag on shelf saying "exclusive $69.99" so maybe wait until tomorrow to get one from myer for $40. I scanned a toy story 3 set (conveyor belt one) and rang up at $60, a genuine 40% off RRP, although shelf didn't mention discount, it scanned according to catalog.

Myer Adelaide had all the kingdoms (excl calendar) sets and today is last day of buy one get 50% off 2nd toy, so if you're after say a big castle and slave 1, it'd still be much cheaper to buy today.

For those in Adelaide I've been holding onto some news until my new credit card cycle kicks in (Friday, but I'm impatient), but if you're looking for some really good discounts on toy story (not toy story 3) sets, send me a message. I just don't want to publish it on the web in case it gets cleaned out before I get a chance to shop on Friday. I called the store today and still plenty of the sets in stock. Sorry for the mystery folks. If any of my friends interstate are interested, send me a message and I'll give you a price list and will grab them for you when I get the chance.

Edit: These prices are 40-50% off RRP, so not quite giving them away but very good value if you had no luck at k-mart clearances.

Edited by hewman

Series 2 figs are starting to pop up in Melbourne Targets. They were $3.20 each today if you were lucky enough to find them before the sale finished.

Series 2 figs are starting to pop up in Melbourne Targets. They were $3.20 each today if you were lucky enough to find them before the sale finished.

Thank you, Whittleberry, for the great news!! I'm almost forgetting my disappointment with the TRU LEGO sale.

Big W had the Buzz Spaceship for $25 from tomorrow for 4 days, also I scanned the Woody set usually $88 down too $50, the other TOy Story 1,2 set all reduced also. Toy story 3 set all full price.

No luck at our Target for series 2 minifigs but they did have about 3 boxes of Series 1 still.

Sadly 20% off ends today.

I was able to get Target to take 20% off my Lego layby which was good as that was trains and kingdom sets.

These are the kingdom sets I was going to buy until I saw the KING.

Hope the Toy story Lego wasnt at Big W I just mentioned.

What is a good idea I think is to Layby. Then if it comes on sale go into the store and they will match the special on your layby.

I did it with the trains at target when they first arrived, then when the past week 20% off sale I went in and they matched the prices, They did it with Kingdom sets too that I only laybyed 2 days before the sale, they only had 3 Castles when I got mine, when I went back during the sale there were none left. At least I got mine.

Lunch time update:

Went to Toys R Us and the toys r us truck scans at $59.99. Although in another part of the shop they had the lego toy truck on a shelf with a big yellow price tag on shelf saying "exclusive $69.99" so maybe wait until tomorrow to get one from myer for $40. I scanned a toy story 3 set (conveyor belt one) and rang up at $60, a genuine 40% off RRP, although shelf didn't mention discount, it scanned according to catalog.

Myer Adelaide had all the kingdoms (excl calendar) sets and today is last day of buy one get 50% off 2nd toy, so if you're after say a big castle and slave 1, it'd still be much cheaper to buy today.

For those in Adelaide I've been holding onto some news until my new credit card cycle kicks in (Friday, but I'm impatient), but if you're looking for some really good discounts on toy story (not toy story 3) sets, send me a message. I just don't want to publish it on the web in case it gets cleaned out before I get a chance to shop on Friday. I called the store today and still plenty of the sets in stock. Sorry for the mystery folks. If any of my friends interstate are interested, send me a message and I'll give you a price list and will grab them for you when I get the chance.

Edit: These prices are 40-50% off RRP, so not quite giving them away but very good value if you had no luck at k-mart clearances.

Big W had the Buzz Spaceship for $25 from tomorrow for 4 days, also I scanned the Woody set usually $88 down too $50, the other TOy Story 1,2 set all reduced also. Toy story 3 set all full price.

Those prices beat those that I was talking about today, so everyone, get to Big W if you want toy story 1 or 2.

Edited by hewman

It came as a flyer in the Daily Telegraph, 4 day sale BigW starting Thursday, it is the only lego set on the flyer. I got mine today at that price though, and our local store had at least 30 of them.

The Woody roundup had the shelf price at $88 but scanned at $50, and Buzz and Zurg were marked normal on shelf but scanned less.

Hey BrettBrick,

How did you find out about the "Buzz Spaceship for $25"?

I got a call back from Lego Oz on Cad Bane's Speeder, the message said ....it was released in August - exclusive to Target.....well we know that....then the message said call Target to find out where they are ? *huh*

They import the product, shouldn't Lego here in Oz know what they have or don't have ?

Meh ! :hmpf_bad:

Has anyone seen Bane's speeder yet at any Target ?

Has anyone heard any reports about the Court Jester impulse or will I need to buy online to get me one of those?

As for all the sales and stuff, looks like I need to get to work early tomorrow (so I can leave early and hit Morley or Cannington with TRU, MYER, K-Mart and Target all in the one place). I just hope someone actually HAS stock of the Public Transport this time :)

Maybe some S2 figs will show up in my travels also (although I doubt it if they are only just appearing in Melbourne)

Maybe some S2 figs will show up in my travels also (although I doubt it if they are only just appearing in Melbourne)

They've been spotted in Indooroopilly (Brisbane) as well, so you might get lucky. I just hope they make it to Adelaide quick-snap. I need my minifigure fix asap :wacko: I'm so desperate I've even started looking for minifigs in the toy section at Woolworths!!

Has anyone seen Bane's speeder yet at any Target ?

Yeh, there were some in a few Targets here in Qld a few weeks ago. I know I saw them in Helenvale (Gold Coast), and I think they had them in Ipswich as well. I don't recall, I wasn't that particularly interested.

None now though - at least not as at last week.

Has anyone heard any reports about the Court Jester impulse or will I need to buy online to get me one of those?

I got sick of looking. I ordered mine from S@H. (along with advent calendars, etc.)

There aren't many on eBay either, surprisingly.

They've been spotted in Indooroopilly (Brisbane) as well, so you might get lucky. I just hope they make it to Adelaide quick-snap. I need my minifigure fix asap :wacko: I'm so desperate I've even started looking for minifigs in the toy section at Woolworths!!

Grab them online, it's what I've done, I'm sure they'll arrive before I spot them in the shops, plus even with shipping, the ones I wanted cost me under $4 each and no having to barcode check in the store or hunt around to see who has them in stock. Although if you're keen on the Spartan, it won't be so cheap unless you buy all 16 at once which some sellers on bricklink are doing at a reasonable price.

I love this forum! Grabbed a few sets this morning of $25 Buzz Spaceships from Big W. A big thank you!

Also grabbed the last few Spartans from Ringwood Target. Looks like the boxes had already been sorted through! Can't believe that they are now $4!

After the fun of standing in Target for an hour or so scanning 2 boxes of series 1 figs I decided to order a full set of series 2 off eBay instead. A seller out of HK was doing the set BIN for about AUD$84 shipped, but I managed to win an auction set for AUD$66 shipped which equates to AUD$4.125/fig. I'm happy with that, save me running around.

Will be hitting my local BigW tonight for a $25 Buzz Ship, cheers for the heads up. I was *almost* going to buy the Zurg fig seperately for about $16 as I have a Buzz from the RC set, might try selling off my second Buzz instead.

Edited by craym0nk