Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I grabbed the Public Transport System and TRU Truck from TRU at Castle Hill NSW this morning. Quite a few on the shelves and in the overheads. The official release date by TRU was September 1st

You are very lucky 'emancipist007' - NSW stores must be first and the rest must wait..... aw well.....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Apologies if this is not the right place for this post.

Am looking to import the new UCS Star Wars Shuttle from the States. What would be the best way to do this - and will I be saving a great deal?

Feel free to PM me :)

Am looking to import the new UCS Star Wars Shuttle from the States. What would be the best way to do this - and will I be saving a great deal?

Feel free to PM me :)

I'll give my thoughts here as I think a few people might be interested.

There are a few options:

1) Bricklink - one US seller had a couple of copies for approx $AU 373 including worldwide shipping - they are gone now but you could probably find a deal around that mark as they become more common. Add 10212 to your wanted list and when the right deal comes up, grab it! Make sure you get a quote for postage beforehand. Pros: can get a cheap deal. Cons: potentially dodgy Bricklink sellers, and depending how they pack it might get bashed around a bit. To be honest if the set really is about 4kg you could easily end up paying a lot for shipping anyway.

2) Buy from US S@H and send via a remail service such as shipito.com. I think there's free shipping from US S@H at the moment for orders over $75. So you'd pay $US260 plus $26 tax (if you use shipito) plus their fee of $US8 plus whatever the postage is here (US S@H would pack it in their usual large box, so my guesstimate would be around $US120 at least). So all-up around $AUD460-470 - not a great saving to be honest and US S@H is notoriously bad for packing sets with any care. Pro: probably faster than using regular Aussie S@H with standard shipping.

3) Wait for starwarshop.com to get it in stock - it would be $US260 plus $US130 postage (they have a flat rate of 1/2 the retail price for orders over a certain amount) - so $US390 - about $AUD430. Pros - super-fast and high quality shipping. Con - don't know when it will be in stock.

4) Wait for starwarshop.com to have a sale of 20% or so - it would be $US208 plus $US130 postage (shipping is based on RRP, NOT sale price) - so about $AUD375. Pros: cheap! Cons: when Starwarshop.com has a sale the Exclusives tend to evaporate quickly - you have to be fast! Also, sales are not that common but I imagine Black Friday will have something.

Overall, if I was buying it and I was in a reasonable hurry I'd probably just order it from normal S@H. It's $495 with shipping but at least you can throw in other cool stuff if you want (like the Advent calendars). And at least if Lego horribly mutilates the shipping box they will give you free shipping or offer an exchange. Plus the new VIP program goes some way to offsetting the cost.

Otherwise Starwarshop would be my next best option - they are very fast with shipping (even if the cost is high) and the orders arrive very fast. The problem is they aren't stocked there yet!

Hope this helps.

And to add to Svelte's detailed response, you'll get your VIP points for shop at home purchases, roughly equivalent to a 5% voucher to spend later I believe.

Also prices are up for advent calendars and I believe are available, Kingdoms $39.99, City $29.99 from memory.

Edited by hewman

Following up on advent calendars, local independent had several castle in stock... They are really nice:)

.. and they seem to have all the lego "board" games as well as some of the world racers.

Edited by alepto

Following up on advent calendars, local independent had several castle in stock... They are really nice:)

.. and they seem to have all the lego "board" games as well as some of the world racers.

Which city are you in, alepto?

Myer has 25% off all board games till sunday. this includes all Lego board games, in particular the Harry Potter one which isn't available to buy at Lego.com yet

Myer has 25% off all board games till sunday. this includes all Lego board games, in particular the Harry Potter one which isn't available to buy at Lego.com yet

Edited by emancipist007

Which city are you in, alepto?

that might help:) In Melbourne.

From memory the games were

pyramid

pirate code *

dragon *

magikus *

robo champ

race3000

HP

creationary

minotaurus

*= games have not seen in major stores before...

Chatting to the friendly (and knowledgeable staff)If memory served me correctly the minifigs 2 distributions are pretty stingy.... family house "soon". HP october, all of which ties in with others comments.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but Myer one members can get 50% off a second toy purchased. Myer Adelaide didn't have any kingdoms sets out but am I right in thinking someone here mentioned seeing them at at least one Myer or am I confusing that with Big W? Anyway, the offer goes until the 15th.

If anyone has seen the HP Boardgame in a Melbourne Myer could they please give an ahoy? There were none in Chaddy on wednesday and none in the cbd yesterday.

Edited by Whittleberry

For those living in the Eastern suburbs of Melboure, TRU Chadstone has Public Transport System and TRU Truck. They weren't in the Knox TRU yet.

If anyone has seen the HP Boardgame in a Melbourne Myer could they please give an ahoy? There were none in Chaddy on wednesday and none in the cbd yesterday.

Myer Eastland had about 4 left. I grabbed one - came to $37.46!

Give them a call.

Cheers for the heads up, went into Myer Perth tonight & there were only 2 of the Creationary sets on the shelf, looked like a big gap with a bunch missing. All the other games were well stocked.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but Myer one members can get 50% off a second toy purchased. Myer Adelaide didn't have any kingdoms sets out but am I right in thinking someone here mentioned seeing them at at least one Myer or am I confusing that with Big W? Anyway, the offer goes until the 15th.

Saw one of the larger Kingdoms sets in Myer Perth so they should be out there. May I ask where you got the info about the 50% off second item? Was it a mail out thing? Would like to make sure before I go back in.

I rang my local store who confirmed the offer was current but required a copy of the voucher. The girl suggested it might have been emailed out to be printed? I scoured the Myer One website to no avail. Any chance someone could post a copy if they have it?

Edited by craym0nk

I'm not sure if this belongs in its own topic, but I have a question about how stores stock their Lego.

My local Target had some boxes of 8265 Front Loader, and the other day I saw all of them sitting together on the ground, in front of the shelf of Lego. Now, they've been taken away and there's no sign of it in the store. :cry_sad: It seems unlikely that it was all bought up in a week with no sales on. Assuming they weren't, does anyone have any idea why would they do this? Would they have sent it another store? I was hoping to get one when there's a big sale.

I'm not sure if this belongs in its own topic, but I have a question about how stores stock their Lego.

My local Target had some boxes of 8265 Front Loader, and the other day I saw all of them sitting together on the ground, in front of the shelf of Lego. Now, they've been taken away and there's no sign of it in the store. :cry_sad: It seems unlikely that it was all bought up in a week with no sales on. Assuming they weren't, does anyone have any idea why would they do this? Would they have sent it another store? I was hoping to get one when there's a big sale.

No idea. Has it got something to do with this I wonder: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=846 Both sets contain the same linear actuators.

Otherwise maybe they're being crafty and are planning to have a sale soon which they don't want to include that set in. I'd say that's unlikely though.

No idea. Has it got something to do with this I wonder: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=846 Both sets contain the same linear actuators.

Otherwise maybe they're being crafty and are planning to have a sale soon which they don't want to include that set in. I'd say that's unlikely though.

It could be, I don't know. The Front Loaders are not being recalled though.

I'm not sure what the deal is the with the Excavator - mechanical, electric, or both.

Still no sign of the new TRU sets in the west (at Cannington anyway)

K-Mart had a pile of new stock (including the new Atlantis sets plus the World Racers stuff)

Kingdoms was available at either K-mart, Target or both (cant remember which)

Someone was in TRU using the bar-codes to search the remaining amount of Series 1 figs.

Target also had a handful of Series 1 figs left.

If you still need more S1 figs to complete your collection (or if you want more of a specific fig for some reason) grab them when you see them as they are likely to get harder to find.

No sign of Series 2 figs, the court jester impulse or the City House anywhere.

G'day everyone....just a quick one....TRU in Adelaide (Rundle Mall) has stock of the TRU truck with shop 7848 of course marked 59.99.....I will check Monday with Gepps Cross for same item.....no sign of Public Transport yet....they are preparing for a big Lego promo the girl at TRU told me today.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

G'day everyone....just a quick one....TRU in Adelaide (Rundle Mall) has stock of the TRU truck with shop 7848 of course marked 59.99.....I will check Monday with Gepps Cross for same item.....no sign of Public Transport yet....they are preparing for a big Lego promo the girl at TRU told me today.

For Brisbanites:

TRU at Mt.Gravatt has BOTH the Public Transport AND the TRU truck. The latter I picked up on Friday - what lightningtiger said could be true countrywide: there was a sticker on the shelf saying TRU Truck was $49.99. When I got it to the checkout, it rang up as $59.99. I pointed out the sticker and they issued me a $10 refund.

I presume (and it makes sense if) the sticker was a bit of pre-emptive reduced price labelling.

Cheers for the heads up, went into Myer Perth tonight & there were only 2 of the Creationary sets on the shelf, looked like a big gap with a bunch missing. All the other games were well stocked.

Saw one of the larger Kingdoms sets in Myer Perth so they should be out there. May I ask where you got the info about the 50% off second item? Was it a mail out thing? Would like to make sure before I go back in.

I rang my local store who confirmed the offer was current but required a copy of the voucher. The girl suggested it might have been emailed out to be printed? I scoured the Myer One website to no avail. Any chance someone could post a copy if they have it?

It was just several signs in store for myer one members (free to join and can do then and there).

For Brisbanites:

TRU at Mt.Gravatt has BOTH the Public Transport AND the TRU truck. The latter I picked up on Friday - what lightningtiger said could be true countrywide: there was a sticker on the shelf saying TRU Truck was $49.99. When I got it to the checkout, it rang up as $59.99. I pointed out the sticker and they issued me a $10 refund.

I presume (and it makes sense if) the sticker was a bit of pre-emptive reduced price labelling.

The $49.99 is for the yellow truck not the toysrus truck. Same happened to me there was no shelf sticker and I got mine at $49.99 instead of $59.99 I am not sure if they will figure that one out too soon.

In the USA tru are having buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. Maybe we will get that too.

Just getting back into Lego costs a fortune lol

For Brisbanites:

How much is the Public Transport there?

G'day everyone......just got back from TRU Gepps Cross....No 7448 TRU truck, but..........

me so happy..........8404 Public Transport......though it's 159 bucks......I still brought it ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone !

Thanks mate, picked one up at lunch time there today. No sign of Public Transport there though. Strange that they differ so much in terms of stock on the floor within 10 kms of each other.

On another note, toys r us Adelaide had the kingdoms sets minus impulses, advent calendar and large castle. They had the two bigger new atlantis sets, the Portal set looks great and the box is real heavy, although the one I picked up wasn't as heavy as it should be, someone had ripped a hole in the back bigger than the size of my fist, I assume to grab the brilliant portal emperor fig (doesn't really seem like just a naughty little kid doing it).

ImagineIf stores have 10% off Lego (I don't believe this applies online though), the city store has a few hard to get sets like AT-OT ($315 after discount), car chase agents sets and maybe some more. Also if you join their loyalty program you get a $20 voucher for every $200 spent.