Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I am planning to visit Australia soon. Might just visit some of these stores to pick up some cheap LEGO, as I live in Malaysia where LEGO is terribly overpriced and EXPEN$IVE! :angry:

Anyway, wondering if the 10% GST is applicable when you buy toys like LEGO from retail stores Target or Big W. I believe if you buy online from these stores there is no GST applied. Am I right?

Was this Big W Tweed? I just came back from the Robina one and don't remember seeing any of these prices. Will drop back in tomorrow to see if they're available. This is nuts.

Yeah, this was at the Tweed Heads store, sorry. My friends checked the Big W at Robina and the dirt mall at West Burleigh and neither of the had as good a selection as Tweed. Tonight around 8pm there were still a bunch of Pig Farms, Luke's Landspeeders and some Attack Cruisers too. If you'd like me to pick anything up for you that you're afraid might sell out before you can get down there, let me know, I don't mind helping out a fellow LEGO enthusiast. :)

Edited by Cammy

I rang Melbourne - yeah I know I live in Adelaide, but the Melbourne store carries the most Lego in all the Myer chain. They are calling me back hopefully tomorrow to tell me when they will get them and hopefully the Adelaide stores too !

Odd this set is not meant to be out until August, why were they held backed from Myer and does that mean Toyworld might have them as well since they got the passenger train ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Myer melbourne had them in stock yesterday.... As well as a significant pile of track

I'm assuming you're not in Melbourne?

That's correct, NSW.

Maybe i missed it, but i havent seen anyone say the UCS imperial shuttle is on the au S@H, no price, out 3.9

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10212&cn=416&d=322

I guess that means we wont get a price stuff up from S@H then :cry_sad:

Do you know what set has almost or has soldout at Kmart's around Adelaide - the little fire pickup truck with trailer for 14 bucks - their are none left at three Kmarts I visited !

This happened to me one year with Castle sets. Its a two week sale and the shops managed to get the set I was after in by the second week, so don't give up, they will continue to get more in over the sale period :wink:

I am planning to visit Australia soon. Might just visit some of these stores to pick up some cheap LEGO, as I live in Malaysia where LEGO is terribly overpriced and EXPEN$IVE! :angry:

Anyway, wondering if the 10% GST is applicable when you buy toys like LEGO from retail stores Target or Big W. I believe if you buy online from these stores there is no GST applied. Am I right?

Welcome to EB faish888. The prices you are seeing here on the sales thread already have the GST included in them, so its probably still a bargain for you.

Myer melbourne had them in stock yesterday.... As well as a significant pile of track

Now that's COOL - thanks for the info 'alepto', but Myer's response back to me as UNCOOL ! Is Adelaide missing out again, crap I hate this treatment of Adelaide as an overgrown country town :angry: , where we are the ones to be last or miss out totally ! Like the Emerald Night last year, only 3 per store. well this year they had more, sold out again anyway.

I'm going to call the Myer Centre in Rundle Mall today for the 7936.

@faish888 The Australian government does provide a GST refund scheme for international visitors, where you can get the GST you have paid reimbursed to you at the airport as you leave. BUT you can only get it for items that you carry onto the plane in your hand luggage and that are over $300 from the one store.

So unless you are buying a ton of small sets, it might not be any use to you - but anyway, there is more information here.

Oh, I'm so happy, happy, joy, joy !!! :laugh:

This is what on my latest docket.........

2x 7936 train crossing

1x 7949 prison carrage rescue

1x 7947 prison tower rescue

1x 7598 Pizza Planet truck

for $198.35 - after 20% off ! :grin:

For those in Victoria looking for a $67 Enforcer from Big W - there is one left in Eastland (Ringwood).

Might be worth giving them a call to make sure it is still there and maybe put it aside for you! Hopefully it finds a good home :)

2x 7936 train crossing

Well done mate, is that from Myer city? I might have to check it out.

Well done mate, is that from Myer city? I might have to check it out.

Nope, Barossa Toyworld.

Oh, just had a call from Myer TTP - only 3 7936 crossings left ! *oh2*

news from lunchtime in brisbane city

big w still has venator sets ($129), pig farms but no landspeeders I could see. They had one of the older space police sets reduced (from $68 to $34 with the scanner- its the one with 2 vehicles.)

Myers have 5 - 6 cargo trains, 1 level crossing, and a few fire brigades left

Target have new spongebob and world racers in (still full price though)

2x 7936 train crossing

Tiger - are Toyworld doing a 20% off sale? Or did you get these kits from Myer??

Tiger - are Toyworld doing a 20% off sale? Or did you get these kits from Myer??

Hey MicroM

I spoke to Toyworld Adelaide and they didn't have a general 20% off sale there, so I think it might just be restricted to the one LT went to, Nuriootpa I believe.

The Toyworld I went to is in the Barossa Valley, anyway some of the Myers now have 7936 crossing, TTP have put one aside for me ! :sweet:

Anyway I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Anyone still see Imperial Flagship at Myer? Or am I too late? :blush:

What state are you in? I was at Myer Eastland (Ringwood) last Saturday and they had a fair number left, about 6+.

They didn't seem to go out the door as fast as say, Emerald Night, which I didn't see any of.

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I'm posting on the run and could only quickly scan last pages.

Myer Miranda has an additional 10% off the already reduced (20%) sale price of toys in the catalogue, for Saturday and Sunday. I don't know for certain but assume this applies to all Myer stores.

This includes the Cargo Train (2 left at Miranda), Emerald Night (1 left), Train Station (~6), and a whole shelf of Imperial Flagships.

20% + further 10% off for Saturday and Sunday.

I paid:

Emerald Night $107.10

Cargo Train $206.10

Train Station $57.55

Edited by dotmike

Hi all, to all those saying Kmart has sold out of things you can still put anything in the catalogue on an Xmas layby. Just take the catalogue to layby and they scan it in from that - the only catch is that you can't pick them up until October 1st.

Also, the minifig plushies (the ones that are $20 at Myer atm) are $12 at Kmart on clearance if you can find them.

I can confirm the extra 10% off at MYER Perth CBD.

Plenty of Fire Brigades (if you want the fire brigade, its unlikely to ever be this cheap again)

One cargo train left as well as one Lamborghini.

No other train that I saw (level crossing, emerald night, train station)

No flagships left.

Plenty of Space Police (base, lunar limo, undercover craft)

I did however notice a few copies of the RC train straight+curved track box sitting on a stockroom cart with a bunch of other toys so if you are looking for any, ask at your local MYER in case they have them.

Edited by jonwil

What state are you in? I was at Myer Eastland (Ringwood) last Saturday and they had a fair number left, about 6+.

They didn't seem to go out the door as fast as say, Emerald Night, which I didn't see any of.

Is there any flagship left? A friend of mine called (i am not in australia and I have no idea which myers my friend called) and was told there is no more imperial flagship. :( if anyone know there are still flagship in melbourne, could you tell me please.

For those in Adelaide, Myer TTP had one cargo train about an hour ago and there's the extra 10% off. It looks like a brilliant set, so if you're on the fence I say grab it now or you'll regret it later.

Also just around the corner from TTP Toy Corner has crawler crane 7632 for $59 and some change down from $99 RRP. Also I was surprised to see the Indiana Last crusade 2 plane set (7198 I think from memory) there, originally marked at the overpriced RRP of $89, but down to about $76 after discount. Also lots of pirate, city and space police impulse sets at just over $5 after discount.

A brief tale of positive opportunism

Last Friday morning I rang around Melbourne Big W stores looking for 8092 Luke's Landspeeder. Only store with any on our side of town was Ballarat, about 45 mins from where we live. It wasn't our plan for the day but the whole family felt okay with the adventure, so off we went (me, wife, 2 kids).

We get there, my 6 year-old grabs the Landspeeder off the shelf and all is good in the world. But I think why not have a glance across the shelves, just in case. And there, down on floor level, are 3 Galactic Enforcers going for $67 each. They were all taped up, and one had a particularly damaged box. I picked out the heaviest one.

It turned out to be totally complete and in perfect condition. My best bargain in years. My 6 year-old is going to have an awesome birthday.

If you go to the Barnes and Noble website, www.bn.com, you can get a code for 20% off one item and their shipping to Australia is quite reasonable. That's if you have any money left after the sales here.

Edit: I got to the checkout point and I can get The Battle of ALamut set, shipped here for a grand total of $70.54 US which according to xe.com is $83.46, which is approximately a 40% saving on Australian RRP!

Edited by hewman

If you go to the Barnes and Noble website, www.bn.com, you can get a code for 20% off one item and their shipping to Australia is quite reasonable. That's if you have any money left after the sales here.

Edit: I got to the checkout point and I can get The Battle of ALamut set, shipped here for a grand total of $70.54 US which according to xe.com is $83.46, which is approximately a 40% saving on Australian RRP!

Oh so tempting to drop a couple of hundred to pick up their architecture sets...

Big W at brownsplains in Brissie still has 2 galactic enforcers left