Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Thanks darth_legois. Annoying we still don't know the retail price for CW sets though.

File this under 'anti-sale' - Just noticed that Agents 8635 on Shop at Home has undergone a price rise from $129.99 to $149.99 :sceptic: So that will probably be the retail price here in September, just as bttw told you Darth_Legois. What's up with these chopping and changing prices recently?

:cry_sad: I hate saying this, but I may be skipping this line. The parts are great, but the prices or not. That was the last set that had a decent part-price ratio. I was hoping that the Agents sets would be priced a lot better since they are non licensed; Volcano Base looks like the only decent (not good) deal now. :sceptic:

Considering our exchange rate this makes no sense. I may need to switch to overseas purchasing...

Thanks darth_legois. Annoying we still don't know the retail price for CW sets though.

Yea so my post was pretty much useless :tongue: .

:cry_sad: I hate saying this, but I may be skipping this line. The parts are great, but the prices or not. That was the last set that had a decent part-price ratio. I was hoping that the Agents sets would be priced a lot better since they are non licensed; Volcano Base looks like the only decent (not good) deal now. :sceptic:

Considering our exchange rate this makes no sense. I may need to switch to overseas purchasing...

I hope we dont have to end up doing that- either that or wait for the big sales every year. :hmpf_bad:

Yea so my post was pretty much useless :tongue: .

Not at all; it was good to know that we still don't know :tongue: Only because I remembered that you were said you were contacting BTTW a while ago but I hadn't seen you post anything.

The UK prices are high though, and since we seem to more on the 2.5x range of the GBP Lego currency conversion for licensed sets so I'm fearing what our price will be. $70 for the Droid Gunship? $100AUD for Magna Guard, with 2 figs? $120 for V-Torrent, with 1? Mind = boggled. I'm guessing that the AT-TE will be $150 and the Republic Gunship at $180 in line with last year's prices for the high end sets and also because Lego knows that Australian consumers generally (not AFOLs) are extremely reluctant to pay more than $180 in store for a set.

Volcano Base looks like the only decent (not good) deal now. :sceptic:

I may need to switch to overseas purchasing...

I think Volcano Base is pretty good value - 6 figs, 750 pieces. At $100 it's certainly better than anything else around that mark that's been released this year in System. $100 seems to be a weird pricepoint here anyway. Coastguard Boat and Tower? Laughable at $100. Peril in Peru? 600 pieces and all the figs bar one are repeats, although the brick selection is nice. Rogue Shadow? Less than 500 pieces. I don't even think Star Justice and Space Skulls are that amazing as listed at $100 retail (not the special Toyworld price for the latter) - especially with Space Skulls which has 90+ of its pieces those annoying little black click hinges that make up the legs. Troll Warship? Again, less than 500 pieces, though the Big W sale price was good. I guess the Mars Mission exclusive is the only other one that seems OK price wise although personally Volcano Base is more useful to me :wink:

Anyhoo, apart from that, the Agents Swamp chase set is also pretty good at $30 - 2 dark green crocs and lots of plant pieces.

Sorry - I love to rant about prices - only because I don't understand the logic behind TLG's pricing policy and indeed suspect there actually is none. It's like someone draws them out of a hat. If the price is low, we applaud. If it's too high, we grumble. But if we question why the Emperor has no clothes (or consistency) then we get generic email reassurances but nothing changes. On the other hand, if retailers take issue then the price adjusts - there's a reason why Myer revised the retail price of Town Plan down from $250 to $199 and then down to a sale price of $159 - and that's because they knew that's the threshold of what consumers would actually pay.

Edited by svelte_corps

Sorry for another post, I figured this deserved a separate one:

S@H sale prices have tumbled again, with 30% off down to 50% or even 70% off for some sets. Eg:

Y-Wing - $30

Fight for the Golden Tower - $24

Mobile Devastator - $39

Alien Mothership Assualt - $40

Nitro Muscle - $30

Ferrari 1:17 F430 - $40

Aero Booster - $12

Edited by svelte_corps

I visited my local target store today to find that they have quadrupled their amount of shelf space for lego, the most i have ever seen there. I must admit it was most impressive.

Thanks for the news about the $30 Y wings.

I visited my local target store today to find that they have quadrupled their amount of shelf space for lego, the most i have ever seen there. I must admit it was most impressive.

I noticed that too at my local target......it was an amazing especialy since their LEGO aisle only had 10 post cars + some bionicle a week or so ago. :hmpf_bad:

Wahh! I thought everyone knew the prices for the new Clone Wars sets already?? :tongue: . I'm sure I've seen them posted around for weeks now (I always knew the RGS and AT-TE would be $180 and $150 respectively). I believe they go as follows:

Magna Droid Fighter: AUD$79 RRP

V-19 Torrent Starfighter: AUD$99 RRP

AT-TE Walker: AUD$149 RRP

Republic Gunship: AUD$179 RRP

Source: Sagacentral.com.au + various forum posts (and a multi-national price list I'm dead sure I saw posted on the EB forums the other day). Looks pretty standard to me *dusts hands* :tongue:

The main issue I have with the TLC pricing policy is that the retail RRP is also the price of sets on S@H. Now, I can understand, say, the $180 for the Republic Gunship, because it costs a fair bit in shipping to Aus + 10% GST federal tax, but what on earth is the gain in charging retail RRP PLUS shipping on S@H? :sceptic: . For a $180 set, it's about $220+ total. Why don't Lego include shipping in the online RRP?. There is absolutely no gain in purchasing sets from S@H that are already in stores, and it becomes almost laughable when there are ~20% sales on. Hate to rag on Lego, but it's the truth.

There is absolutely no gain in purchasing sets from S@H that are already in stores, and it becomes almost laughable when there are ~20% sales on. Hate to rag on Lego, but it's the truth.

Actually I think that's deliberate. Technically LEGO could sell sets on S@H at 40% off (or greater) and still make money... but if they did that the retail stores would probably get grumpy and stop stocking LEGO.

I can see LEGO in ten years becoming on-line only, but for the moment I think they want/need to play nice.

Thanks for the prices, radiant7. Slightly better than I expected. I don't visit SW forums so that's why I missed these - thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:

I agree with you about the S@H prices, but Lego said in their annual report last year quite clearly that their "No 1 customer" are the retailers. They still make most of their money from the big stores, not individual consumers, so they can't afford to annoy the retailers by effectively undercutting them.

However, I do think they could *subsidise* shipping rates using the extra profit they make by selling directly to far-flung customers, if only to encourage people to use S@H - I would probably buy more regularly if shipping wasn't so much.

I mean, you can't impulse buy at S@H as anything decent adds another $35-45 standard shipping. Even looking at the sale prices which dropped yesterday, I couldn't really justify buying anything I wanted as by the time I factored in shipping I might as well pay retail anyway.

seems to be the way to go....unless stores get enough in and have good sales!

The main issue I have with the TLC pricing policy is that the retail RRP is also the price of sets on S@H. Now, I can understand, say, the $180 for the Republic Gunship, because it costs a fair bit in shipping to Aus + 10% GST federal tax, but what on earth is the gain in charging retail RRP PLUS shipping on S@H? :sceptic: . For a $180 set, it's about $220+ total. Why don't Lego include shipping in the online RRP?. There is absolutely no gain in purchasing sets from S@H that are already in stores, and it becomes almost laughable when there are ~20% sales on. Hate to rag on Lego, but it's the truth.
Actually I think that's deliberate. Technically LEGO could sell sets on S@H at 40% off (or greater) and still make money... but if they did that the retail stores would probably get grumpy and stop stocking LEGO.

I can see LEGO in ten years becoming on-line only, but for the moment I think they want/need to play nice.

I was all set to echo radiant7 but you make perfect sense sinner! they cant go listing cheaper than RRP otherwise retailers wont even bother stocking the items. sigh

K-mart obviously they don't like to get outdone by Target so they also have 20% off lego starting tomorrow...if you have any $s left in your wallet from the earlier sales.

If anyone is looking for 7666 Hoth Rebel Base, I saw a dozen or so sets at the Chadstone TRU today.

K-mart obviously they don't like to get outdone by Target so they also have 20% off lego starting tomorrow...if you have any $s left in your wallet from the earlier sales.

Are they still going for 99.99? You can see the release of them in America through the ebay prices which have dropped remarkably

Are they still going for 99.99? You can see the release of them in America through the ebay prices which have dropped remarkably

Yes, the 7666 Hoth Rebel Base was AUD$99.99.

Whoa, I didn't know this was on, or that there was a new Toys R' Us catalogue!. I've got to sign up for their newsletter. It looks like there are some really cool SW toys there (those Force FX lightsabers are really cheap!). The email is a little fragmented though, I can't make out much; do they show the new Lego CW sets at all, darth?

Also, I do actually agree with Sinner :). It wouldn't go down well with retailers if Lego printed online prices lower than retail, but what I was suggesting is that they could include shipping in the online RRP ie. AUD$180 as the list price on the page for the new 7676 Republic Gunship, but shipping is noted as being free. Yes, the product price is lower than RRP, but it isn't advertised that way. I'm not suggesting something like an online list price of AUD$140, then AUD$40 for shipping to make up the RRP :)

The new SW Clone Wars sets are now available at the Chadstone Target for 20% off. The sets on sale were 7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter AUD$64, 7674 V-19 Torrent AUD$80, 7675 AT-TE Walker $120 & 7676 Republic Gunship AUD$144.

Chadstone TRU also had the AT-TE and the RGS. The RGS was selling for th einflated price of AUD$190. They also had 7680 The Twilight for AUD$150 and 7681 Separatist Spider Droid for AUD$50.

The new SW Clone Wars sets are now available at the Chadstone Target for 20% off. The sets on sale were 7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter AUD$64, 7674 V-19 Torrent AUD$80, 7675 AT-TE Walker $120 & 7676 Republic Gunship AUD$144.

Chadstone TRU also had the AT-TE and the RGS. The RGS was selling for th einflated price of AUD$190. They also had 7680 The Twilight for AUD$150 and 7681 Separatist Spider Droid for AUD$50.

My wife braved the Target sale, but didn't mention any Clone Wars sets. She was kind enough to get me the Knight and Fireman Impulse sets, Woohoo! Cool Wife On!

Thats cool, im off to TRU to see what they have in!

The Spider droid has caught my eye!

Edited by I Scream Clone

My wife braved the Target sale, but didn't mention any Clone Wars sets. She was kind enough to get me the Knight and Fireman Impulse sets, Woohoo! Cool Wife On!

Thats cool, im off to TRU to see what they have in!

The Spider droid has caught my eye!

Is the HSD only at TRU? If it is then that means I wont be able to get it, I was gonna get the magna fighter but too expensive for my liking :hmpf_bad:

I also gladly braved those sales at Chadstone Target.

I actually managed to pick up two AT-TEs for $80 each and a V19 Torrent for $64!!

I also grabbed the Gunship but unfortunately for full (sale - $144) price.

The chick on the checkout obviously wasn't quite turned on that day...

Welcome to EB and the Aussie squad Matthieu! :D

Has anyone been to TRU in the last few days?. I've been following a couple of midnight madness (August 1st 12am opening at selected stores) threads on the forums of SW aussie fansites Mousedroid and Novus Ordo. Judging from pictures in the threads there, all of the new CW sets have been released at TRU as well as the awesome new Hasbro Millennium Falcon and AT-TE toys!. It looks like Lego heaven based on these pics from the TRU at Moore Park in NSW:

TRU310708011.jpg

TRU310708019.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQktCLWwt5E

Hoth Rebel Base, Republic Gunship, AT-TE, X-Wing *drool* :tongue:

Also, I went to both of the Target's and Kmart's at Chermside and Indooroopilly on Sunday and besides being absolutely chock full of Motorized AT-AT's at $225, there was absolutely nothing new, and these are the biggest shopping centres in QLD :(. Victoria and New South Wales always get everything first :cry_sad:

Well im probable going too Springwood Target this week or next week hope they have some CW sets the V19 for $64 you cant pass it up! or AT-TE for $80 I dont think i will get the RGS yet too much $$