Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

While i am here, how have the AT-AT sold in your Kmart stores? The shelves in my local store are still quite full of them, the $179 dollars was just too much for this set. Other than that Lego sold very well during the toy sale. Only one MF left.

No MFs but a heap of AT-ATs (Firle SA), it just doesn't cut it compared to the 4483. It really is a technic set with a few plates put on it to disguise that fact. I had heard so many oridnary things about it but I decided to have a close look at k-mart and it really isn't aesthetically pleasing, the head looks flimsy and the handle rather than the hump in the middle of the back just doesn't look right.

Edited by hewman

LEGO overcharge Australian customers by way too much, even if the US dollar and the Australiam Dollar reach parity, a 100 dollar set in the US, will cost 180 dollars over here in Aus.

I should have got in early like i did for the green grocer.

Hehe, before the price was raised, I had a internet page up with the Green Grocer, but I had to go out for dinner, so I left to internet page on and when I got back, I refreshed the page, to find the price had jumped $100 AUD. That was a depressing moment.

While i am here, how have the AT-AT sold in your Kmart stores? The shelves in my local store are still quite full of them, the $179 dollars was just too much for this set. Other than that Lego sold very well during the toy sale. Only one MF left.
Still saw plenty at my Kmart, and i had contemplated buying one but $179 is still a little pricey bearing in mind what is coming out soon!
No MFs but a heap of AT-ATs (Firle SA), it just doesn't cut it compared to the 4483. It really is a technic set with a few plates put on it to disguise that fact. I had heard so many oridnary things about it but I decided to have a close look at k-mart and it really isn't aesthetically pleasing, the head looks flimsy and the handle rather than the hump in the middle of the back just doesn't look right.

But but it....WALKS! :P. I suppose $180 is still a bit much, but oh well, just means I have a chance at getting my hands on one before the sales end. I couldn't be bothered checking out the sales last weekend, so I'm going to go and put the sets I want at Kmart and Myer on layby this Friday and pay for them later.

Very good questions though, it would be interesting to see the sales figures and statistics for these events.

But but it....WALKS! :P.

Hahaha, it does too! And it walks quite well. Enough to freak out the cat, anyway.

I bought this and have no regrets (I missed out on the old one but I'm slowly bleyifying anyway so don't mind). It is mainly a technic build but I think it looks good and I actually don't like the legs on the old ones anyway. There is also room for modding if you think they're too skinny on the new version via technic pins and plates. It isn't like the old one has a wonderful interior either and I hate those circular joint pieces they use to give the the thing knees.

In other news... there is no news. Seriously, do we have to wait another 12 months for the craziness to begin again? :tongue:

More news, Myer has the Town plan at a ridiculous $159 :wacko: down 40 (though S@H has it listed at $250)

EDIT: Another question, Has anyone seen the Green Grocer set in Aus yet, if so what shops? I have seen Cafe Corner at DJ's and they have a 30-50% toys at mo ,but no lego on sale :sad:

Edited by I Scream Clone

4210 Coast Guard Platform now available from S@H!

$79.99AUD - nice price! Much better value than the rescue boat one.

Great finds guys, I had no idea DJ's have 30%-50% off certain toys.

In other news, Target have the prices up for their toy sales catalogue!. 20% off Lego as expected, 4995 Cargo Copter (w/ power functions winch) for $27.99, Batman Tumbler for $64, Boeing 787 Airliner for $80.

Ooo and when you spend $40 or more on Lego, you receive a free Lego club membership valued at $15 :D

Great finds guys, I had no idea DJ's have 30%-50% off certain toys.

In other news, Target have the prices up for their toy sales catalogue!. 20% off Lego as expected, 4995 Cargo Copter (w/ power functions winch) for $27.99, Batman Tumbler for $64, Boeing 787 Airliner for $80.

Ooo and when you spend $40 or more on Lego, you receive a free Lego club membership valued at $15 :D

Hahah, I've had so many of those free membership offers, I wish they'd come up with something new. I ended up subscribing a few people I know just in case they send a promo set this year like they did with the little fireboat last year. And I like to have multiple copies of the shiny catalogue.

Anyone know what is exactly in the DJs sale? I'm kind of saled out, but I still want to know! :tongue:

Hahah, I've had so many of those free membership offers, I wish they'd come up with something new. I ended up subscribing a few people I know just in case they send a promo set this year like they did with the little fireboat last year. And I like to have multiple copies of the shiny catalogue.

Anyone know what is exactly in the DJs sale? I'm kind of saled out, but I still want to know! :tongue:

No lego is on sale at DJ's so far!

will keep you posted though. Its so hard to find out when they have a sale on as i dont get catalogues from them and they dont list on Lasoo.com.au either

But but it....WALKS! :P. I suppose $180 is still a bit much, but oh well, just means I have a chance at getting my hands on one before the sales end..

Might be worth waiting, sadly (i bought one at this price) i think these will be heavily discounted within the next year or so.

Not a sale as such, but some of you may be interested to know that 7666 Hoth Rebel Base has been restocked at TRU. Still at $AUD99.99 :sceptic:

Interestingly, the boxes still say 'Limited Edition' - so maybe these are leftovers and not the re-release (which I didn't think had the LE badge).

Not a sale as such, but some of you may be interested to know that 7666 Hoth Rebel Base has been restocked at TRU. Still at $AUD99.99 :sceptic:

Interestingly, the boxes still say 'Limited Edition' - so maybe these are leftovers and not the re-release (which I didn't think had the LE badge).

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" quote vader SW EP3 :cry_sad: Hmmm i wonder if i can get this but i just Lay-Byd town plan.....oh crap........

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" quote vader SW EP3 :cry_sad: Hmmm i wonder if i can get this but i just Lay-Byd town plan.....oh crap........

For the extra 59 bucks you get approx 1400 more pieces so you probably made the right choice :wink:

For the extra 59 bucks you get approx 1400 more pieces so you probably made the right choice :wink:

True oh well i just wanted the speeder & rebel troopers not a chunky wall :hmpf_bad:

Is this at any particular TRU, or all? I missed out on one for my collection and refused to pay the ridiculously inflated prices after its release

Is this at any particular TRU, or all? I missed out on one for my collection and refused to pay the ridiculously inflated prices after its release

This was in Sydney, but I think it's supposed to be Australia wide as it was advertised in the second half of year catalogue and also on a page issued with the Club magazine. You may just have to check your local store.

Just went to the mall went into Toy World and behold the supposed LEGO shop exclusive Space Skulls set for $60 AUSD YES S-I-X-T-Y there were no Star Justice Sets but there was about 10 Space Skulls sets. I wouldve had a heart attack if i had seen the SJ set.

Just went to the mall went into Toy World and behold the supposed LEGO shop exclusive Space Skulls set for $60 AUSD YES S-I-X-T-Y there were no Star Justice Sets but there was about 10 Space Skulls sets. I wouldve had a heart attack if i had seen the SJ set.

Ahhghhhhh! :sing: Thanks for the news... but this might be getting me in trouble... :sceptic:

Woah the Space Skulls for $60? I thought they were like $100 in America! Just what I need, more Lego tempting me on the shelves. I just forked out over $200 in two days when I bought the Harley Quinn/Batman set and the Town Plan on sales...although I'll probably be able to withstand the allure of the space sets...as cool as they are.

Ahhghhhhh! :sing: Thanks for the news... but this might be getting me in trouble... :sceptic:

"Thanks" lol thats how i felt when you said [i think it was you :look: ] said Town Plan was at myer on sale. These sets must've come within the last week or so because i checked this last week and there was nothing which is strange, and they werent in the catalog [Atleast i dont think so] im suprised they are so cheap, can anyone else verify if their toyworld has them? when i get a job [hopefuly in a year or so] i would buy sets for fellow Aussie AFOL's who didnt get them [i wish i couldve done that for the Air Ambulance :sad:

Woah the Space Skulls for $60? I thought they were like $100 in America! Just what I need, more Lego tempting me on the shelves. I just forked out over $200 in two days when I bought the Harley Quinn/Batman set and the Town Plan on sales...although I'll probably be able to withstand the allure of the space sets...as cool as they are.

Yea i was pretty tempted to buy some and put em on ebay for $250 AUSD each :grin: [JUST KIDDING!!!!! :grin: ] but i just lay-byd town plan and my mum probable wouldnt believe it would be worth that much [We she would but she woulnt get it if i asked ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG :hmpf: ]

Yea you will probable see a flood of em on ebay soon

I finally got to Myer in the Brisbane CBD on Friday night and they were very well stocked up on the exclusives. There were at least 16 Cargo Trains, lined up 4 deep and 4 wide on a bottom shelf. Lots of Town Plans, a number of Eiffel Towers, a very pretty sight for a Lego fan :tongue: . Layby was only $5 with no deposit for the Cargo Train Deluxe. I might go back this Friday and put Town Plan on layby for the hell of it.

BigW in the CBD was a little disappointing. Nothing new except for the nice Castle sets, but they were sold-out of the Troll Warship and Dwarve's Mine. David Jones in the CBD and at Toowong did not seem to have any sales on toys yet, so maybe they'll suprise us later :classic:

I also visited Kmart at Toowong and layby'd one of two Motorized AT-AT's they had left. The nice girl at the lay-by desk dropped the deposit from 10% to 5% because I didn't need the item to be held until Christmas, so it only cost about $9 total. They seemed to be out of Millennium Falcons.

I can't believe I didn't report this much earlier, but confirming what Darth_Legois has said, Factory Space Skulls have been at Toyworlds around Brisbane for $60 for at least a month now. Sorry guys, I must have forgotten about it, ah well :wacko: . I was blown away by how cheap they are, 900 pieces for $60 is a very good price, however they don't have the Star Justice sets, only Space Skulls. I have seen them at Indooroopilly, CBD, and Chermside Toyworlds.

I can't believe I didn't report this much earlier, but confirming what Darth_Legois has said, Factory Space Skulls have been at Toyworlds around Brisbane for $60 for at least a month now. Sorry guys, I must have forgotten about it, ah well :wacko: . I was blown away by how cheap they are, 900 pieces for $60 is a very good price, however they don't have the Star Justice sets, only Space Skulls. I have seen them at Indooroopilly, CBD, and Chermside Toyworlds.

Well the Space Skulls only came to one of my local ToyWorlds in the last week or so [Logan Hyperdome] :look:

File this under 'anti-sale' - Just noticed that Agents 8635 on Shop at Home has undergone a price rise from $129.99 to $149.99 :sceptic: So that will probably be the retail price here in September, just as bttw told you Darth_Legois. What's up with these chopping and changing prices recently?

File this under 'anti-sale' - Just noticed that Agents 8635 on Shop at Home has undergone a price rise from $129.99 to $149.99 :sceptic: So that will probably be the retail price here in September, just as bttw told you Darth_Legois. What's up with these chopping and changing prices recently?

Its totally frustrating me, with the strong aussie dollar i am finding myself import from the US more and more. Of course thats only when i carnt get the set i want on sale here locally.

Edited by robbo

Well im planning on geting the Agents sets on sale.

Also about the CW sets. they said:

G'day Steven,

We will be stocking the new star wars sets - first 4 due for release in

August then a couple more in September. Our pricing will be close to RRP

but will have to wait and see if any other costs are incurred along the way

before we set a definite price.

Best Regards,

Brad

Bricks to the World

www.bttw.com.au