Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I can confirm that the UCS MF is in K-Mart; in Newtown they had 4. (I have heard that each store is getting 4.) Stocks of the AT-AT are good there, but if someone here takes mine... :angry:

DSC02742es.jpg

I can also confirm that they don't taste particually good...

DSC02744es.jpg

...nor do they respond to sexual persuasion. :sceptic:

Gee man, one little typo. You knew what I meant... :wink:

Sales Assistant " um sir if you aren't going to purchase that till the sale starts, could you stop rubbing and tasting it, its freaking out the other customers!"

Sales Assistant " um sir if you aren't going to purchase that till the sale starts, could you stop rubbing and tasting it, its freaking out the other customers!"

Now wouldn't the security footage look good on Australian's funniest home videos..lol

By the way all the prices are in the online kmart catalog now.

Target Preveiw Catalog

http://www.target.com.au/html/catalogue/catalogues.htm

Kmart Catalog [With Prices]

http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/20080703...p?PageNumber=30

It appears there is a 66246 Police SUPER pack with the prisoner transport, motorcycle and mobile command post! [in the Target catalog] it appears it comes with the blue stickers for the MC and Prisoner Transport.

LOOKS AWESOME!

and theres the Boing plane there as well!!

TRG_PROD_J00002713_C_001_R01_043_PF.jpg

Edited by Darth_Legois_619

Big W prices up now too. Great savings on the Castle line. $69 for the Troll Warship and $36 for the Tower Raid.

It appears there is a 66246 Police SUPER pack with the prisoner transport, motorcycle and mobile command post! [in the Target catalog] it appears it comes with the blue stickers for the MC and Prisoner Transport.

LOOKS AWESOME!

and theres the Boing plane there as well!!

Oh my. :oh: With me buying the Death Star I'm a bit maxed out here. After months of no good deals they are all here at once... :cry_sad:

Oh my. :oh: With me buying the Death Star I'm a bit maxed out here. After months of no good deals they are all here at once... :cry_sad:

It's the miracle of layby, Sinner! Plus, you have another 3 weeks before the Target sale starts.

Has anyone had confirmation of a Myer sale start date? If the Eiffel is discounted enough I may get that. I am still trying to resist the call of the Millennium Falcon, as realistically I have no room to display it and I should be waiting for CW sets. But seeing these rare sets loose and in the wild sometimes makes the blood boil - as amply demonstrated by Sinner's rabid expression in the previous page :tongue:

Interesting that the January SW sets are advertised as discounted across all the catalogues - maybe they didn't sell too well. I pretty much avoided Anakin's fighter, the Imperial battlepack and the Rogue Shadow as well.

Interesting that the January SW sets are advertised as discounted across all the catalogues - maybe they didn't sell too well. I pretty much avoided Anakin's fighter, the Imperial battlepack and the Rogue Shadow as well.

I thought the battle packs sold well :look::oh3: i wouldnt mind anonther Imperial one :wub: and i might get the JSF idk

im kinda waiting for Agents to come.....oh well i will probable buy some stuff anyway.

Agents can wait till my B'day and Christmas [b'day is in Nov]

I thought the battle packs sold well :look::oh3: i wouldnt mind anonther Imperial one :wub:

Maybe they just had excess stock, as I've seen it everywhere but the Rebel one not so much.

Maybe they just had excess stock, as I've seen it everywhere but the Rebel one not so much.

Thats why the rebels lose and the Imperials ALWAYS WIN :tongue:

Yea true though i have seen the Imperial one more often then the rebel, i might get the rebel one just so my imperials can shoot someone :tongue: also i like the rebel torso i could use it for civilians :thumbup:

As reported elsewhere, the DS 10188 is now available for preorder for $AUS400.

This makes the sale season easier, as I know what I'm looking more forward to now :tongue:

Wow a competitive exchange rate! i think i will go and preorder this now. At what stage does lego charge your acct??

Big W prices up now too. Great savings on the Castle line. $69 for the Troll Warship and $36 for the Tower Raid.

im def going for the orcish ship as well as the tower raid at those crazy prices! :thumbup:

Thats why the rebels lose and the Imperials ALWAYS WIN :tongue:

Yea true though i have seen the Imperial one more often then the rebel, i might get the rebel one just so my imperials can shoot someone :tongue: also i like the rebel torso i could use it for civilians :thumbup:

must be why i bought 2 imperial vs 1 rebel ....so 3vil

Wow a competitive exchange rate! i think i will go and preorder this now. At what stage does lego charge your acct??

must be why i bought 2 imperial vs 1 rebel ....so 3vil

From Lego S@H:

Please note: we will authorize your credit card at the time of your order. As part of this authorization process, your bank will place a hold on your account for the purchase amount of your order. The hold will be removed after a number of days determined by your banking institution - check with your bank for details.

In other words, they will put a hold on your card for the order amount (usu for about a week) but this won't appear on your bill and they won't process payment til before it ships (September).

From Lego S@H:

Please note: we will authorize your credit card at the time of your order. As part of this authorization process, your bank will place a hold on your account for the purchase amount of your order. The hold will be removed after a number of days determined by your banking institution - check with your bank for details.

In other words, they will put a hold on your card for the order amount (usu for about a week) but this won't appear on your bill and they won't process payment til before it ships (September).

Wow thats great, thanks for the quick response svelte_corps! i may just order it now (just smooth it over with the missus of course)

Aussie Sales thread on!

Edited by I Scream Clone

Wow, most excellent prices on the Agents sets there :D. I expected the Agents sets to command a premium because it was the hot new line, but $100 for the Volcano Base is very cheap, as is the Mobile Command Centre.

Myer just put their Toy Sale catalogue online (begins on Friday, July 4th) and the 2006 Cargo Train Deluxe is back in stock!. What a cool suprise, and it's only $160. It's been in my top 5 new must-have sets along with 2007 AT-AT for the last couple of months but I've been putting it off to buy old Lego. They even have the Eiffel Tower, svelte :D

myrprodj00002694c001r01qx4.th.jpg

At Kmart, I'll be putting 10178 Motorized AT-AT and that cool Hasbro Endor AT-AT in the SW section of the catalogue on layby, then at Myer the 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe. Personally, it's not worth it to me missing out on cheap deals for late 80's/early 90's sets on ebay to instead spend money on brand new sets. As much as I want the new Dwarf & Troll sets at BigW, and the Coastguard sets, they'll be around for the sales closer to Christmas, which can get even crazier than the mid-year sales (25% of Lego IIRC at Myer last Xmas).

I can't deny that I'm also interested in the giant town sets, such as Green Grocer, Town Plan, Market Street, etc. that are available at Myer and David Jones. One day they won't be there and I'll probably regret not getting one :(

/begin rant Also, am I the only one somewhat dissapointed in the 2007, 2008 and the latest line-up of on Technic sets?. Where have all of the awesome functions of yesteryear gone?. The Off-Roader LOOKS awesome, but it doesn't have a gearbox or pneumatics. At least it's not as lame as those giant Technic Ferrari sets. AFOL's would go absolutely nuts for them if they at least had a gearbox, let alone a linked axles for the engine and interior steering, but they don't even have that despite 1300 pieces!. Why don't Lego see this?. These new linear actuators are just a cheap cop-out replacement for wicked pneumatics IMHO /end rant

thanks for the news, radiant7. hadn't seen the myer stuff yet. $159 is a great price for Town Plan, sadly I already bought one in Jan. Personally I think Cafe Corner and Green Grocer are better sets anyway - the only really good building in Town Plan is the cinema. The Eiffel Tower I'm still not sure of, it's a good price but it still looks kind of blocky.

well, i've 99% decided what i'm going to track down tomorrow and friday! good luck to everyone in the scrambles. we should check in over the next few days and see how we went. Sinner will probably be on the news atop a 10179 with that feral grin with the headline 'tasmanian devil rediscovered in suburban K-Mart' :wink:

ps, yes that is old news Darth_Legois :tongue:

Edited by svelte_corps

thanks for the news, radiant7. hadn't seen the myer stuff yet. $159 is a great price for Town Plan, sadly I already bought one in Jan. Personally I think Cafe Corner and Green Grocer are better sets anyway - the only really good building in Town Plan is the cinema. The Eiffel Tower I'm still not sure of, it's a good price but it still looks kind of blocky.

well, i've 99% decided what i'm going to track down tomorrow and friday! good luck to everyone in the scrambles. we should check in over the next few days and see how we went. Sinner will probably be on the news atop a 10179 with that feral grin with the headline 'tasmanian devil rediscovered in suburban K-Mart' :wink:

ps, yes that is old news Darth_Legois :tongue:

:laugh: Hilarious!

Well imm 90% sure I am going to buy 2morrow :sceptic: And I'll look out for those devils too :tongue:

Well my k-mart is opening at 12:01 tonight for the ultra keen. Those AT-ATs are going to move quickly at that price. As much as I'd love to partake in the sales, particularly to grab some of the castle bargains at big W, I really can't justify it seeing I purchased the death star the other day. If Myer or DJ's ever heavily discount the green grocer or cafe corner sets then that's going to be mighty tempting.

Well my k-mart is opening at 12:01 tonight for the ultra keen. Those AT-ATs are going to move quickly at that price. As much as I'd love to partake in the sales, particularly to grab some of the castle bargains at big W, I really can't justify it seeing I purchased the death star the other day. If Myer or DJ's ever heavily discount the green grocer or cafe corner sets then that's going to be mighty tempting.

I don't think my local one is, thank god. That's one step too far for me. But I'll be there early tomorrow.

Has Green Grocer been released in Myer or DJs or is this just speculation?

Ah, if I only I was paid on a Thursday. Oh well, none of the stores open at 12am here anyway. Strange that Chermside doesn't though.

Here's the times from Google result 'Essential Baby forums'. I have no idea where they actually are on the Kmart website:

NEW SOUTH WALES - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Blacktown, Campbelltown, Casula, Glendale, Gorokan, Merrylands, Mt Druitt, Nowra, Penrith, Shellharbour, Sylvania, Tuggeranong, Wagga Wagga, Waratah, Warrawong and Woy Woy.

All other NSW stores open at 7am.

NORTHERN TERRITORY - All stores open at 7am

QUEENSLAND - All stores open at 8am

SOUTH AUSTRALIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Firle, Ingle Farm, Kurralta Park, Munno Para.

All other SA stores open at 7am.

TASMANIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Burnie, Devonport, Launceston, Newtown, Rosny

VICTORIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Airport West, Belmont, Burwood, Campbellfield, Chirnside Park, Cranbourne, Fountain Gate, Melton, Preston, Shepparton, Southland, South Morang, Traralgon, Wendouree, Werribee.

All other VIC stores open at 7am.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA - All stores open at 8am

The front page of the K-Mart catalogue says 'All stores open 8am Thursday 3 July' so I'm sticking with that. If I miss out, I miss out.

Dont think i will get anything too expensive although my dad is a sucker for sales :laugh: so if i told him there were lots of sales with cheaper prices i might get away with some stuff :tongue::laugh::devil::wink: anyway we will see what happens that town plan sure seems tempting! :cry_happy: but then theres the Agent chase on my other shoulder saying: :devil: Who cares about town plan! agents is coming out soon wait for agents..agents, AGENTS!!!!! :devil::laugh:

Dont think i will get anything too expensive although my dad is a sucker for sales :laugh: so if i told him there were lots of sales with cheaper prices i might get away with some stuff :tongue::laugh::devil::wink: anyway we will see what happens that town plan sure seems tempting! :cry_happy: but then theres the Agent chase on my other shoulder saying: :devil: Who cares about town plan! agents is coming out soon wait for agents..agents, AGENTS!!!!! :devil::laugh:

Listen to the voices inside your head, Darth_Legois :wink:

On the other hand... Town Plan is pretty good, for $159 I wouldn't complain. And Agents will be around for 2 years!

Ah, if I only I was paid on a Thursday. Oh well, none of the stores open at 12am here anyway. Strange that Chermside doesn't though.

Here's the times from Google result 'Essential Baby forums'. I have no idea where they actually are on the Kmart website:

NEW SOUTH WALES - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Blacktown, Campbelltown, Casula, Glendale, Gorokan, Merrylands, Mt Druitt, Nowra, Penrith, Shellharbour, Sylvania, Tuggeranong, Wagga Wagga, Waratah, Warrawong and Woy Woy.

All other NSW stores open at 7am.

NORTHERN TERRITORY - All stores open at 7am

QUEENSLAND - All stores open at 8am

SOUTH AUSTRALIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Firle, Ingle Farm, Kurralta Park, Munno Para.

All other SA stores open at 7am.

TASMANIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Burnie, Devonport, Launceston, Newtown, Rosny

VICTORIA - Open at 12:01am 3rd July, 2008

Airport West, Belmont, Burwood, Campbellfield, Chirnside Park, Cranbourne, Fountain Gate, Melton, Preston, Shepparton, Southland, South Morang, Traralgon, Wendouree, Werribee.

All other VIC stores open at 7am.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA - All stores open at 8am

What about the times for Big W? If its early that would be awsome because Im up early for my bike ride anyway! :thumbup: lol im soooexcited!

Listen to the voices inside your head, Darth_Legois :wink:

On the other hand... Town Plan is pretty good, for $159 I wouldn't complain. And Agents will be around for 2 years!

True so im kinda leaning towards the Town Plan if i can get it - i think i have a plan if i get it for my B'day [Lay-by] since your right Agents will be around for ages! :thumbup: *flicks Agent Chase mini-fig off shoulder* :laugh:

What about the times for Big W? If its early that would be awsome because Im up early for my bike ride anyway! :thumbup: lol im soooexcited!

Depends what your local store is i think..................

http://www.bigw.com.au/stores.asp

True so im kinda leaning towards the Town Plan if i can get it - i think i have a plan if i get it for my B'day [Lay-by] since your right Agents will be around for ages! :thumbup: *flicks Agent Chase mini-fig off shoulder* :laugh:

Depends what your local store is i think..................

http://www.bigw.com.au/stores.asp

Thanks! 8 AM ay..i'll be there by 08:01 :tongue:

Toys R Us has a new catalogue just up - they're advertising Peril in Peru for $10 off, $89.99.

Too late, TRU! My sale dollars have been allocated!

Hope everyone does well today. I got what I wanted and am looking forward to the Myer sale tomorrow.

Was a bit disappointing to see one obvious scalper couple piling AT-ATs and Police Stations into their trolley, but at 8am everyone else looked like suburban mums stocking up for Xmas which is as it should be!