Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Imperial Dropship :cry_happy: ,AT-AP :cry_happy: + Coast Gaurd set!!!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

WOW :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy::oh::oh::oh3::wub:

Imm soooo broke :hmpf:

Edited by Darth_Legois_619

Thanks for the cool news!

We definitely need a Aussie Sales Thread!

I dont think the new Castle sets will be on sale though as the tag says New (not sale)

Thanks for the cool news!

We definitely need a Aussie Sales Thread!

I dont think the new Castle sets will be on sale though as the tag says New (not sale)

It will be on sale, it will have something like 20% ALL lego..

Wow ....what big news, such a expensive year for lego fans. I hope Kmart were able to stike up a nice lil deal on the MF. I already have one but it would be nice if it was half price or even 40% off like they have done in the past for other big sets.

Who needs an Australian Lego Sales topic when we have already taken over this one...lol

Wow ....what big news, such a expensive year for lego fans. I hope Kmart were able to stike up a nice lil deal on the MF. I already have one but it would be nice if it was half price or even 40% off like they have done in the past for other big sets.

Who needs an Australian Lego Sales topic when we have already taken over this one...lol

AUSTRALIAN INVASION!!! :tongue: anyway

are there any prevues of the target toysale?

Just came back from target, and I walked out with 5 of the new LEGO catalogs, 2 for me, 1 for my friend, 1 for each of my nephews :classic:

EDIT: Just noticed in the catalog theres a pic of the Hoth Base!!!!! re-release anyone ? :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy::oh::oh3::wub:

Edited by Darth_Legois_619

I just found a post on the FBTB forums detailing the price of the UCS Falcon and Motorized AT-AT:

UCS Falcon in Melbourne!!

A poster named Michael claims that the Falcon is available right now and priced at $975 before sale and $775 at a 20% off Lego discount when the sale starts. The AT-AT will apparently be $179 after discount. Amazing!

I have absolutely no idea where this guy is getting his prices though, except in store, but wouldn't somebody have posted about that yet?. The catalogue hasn't come online yet and the only access I had to the price-less sneak preview was from the Kmart email notification you can sign up for on their website.

Why on earth don't people report these things here on Eurobricks, the first post was made on the 19th on FBTB :(

Damnit, I am so going out to Westfield Chermside this weekend. I'm going to get to the bottom of this because there's a Kmart, Target, BigW, David Jones & Myer all in the one place. Humph *crosses arms*

I just found a post on the FBTB forums detailing the price of the UCS Falcon and Motorized AT-AT:

UCS Falcon in Melbourne!!

A poster named Michael claims that the Falcon is available right now and priced at $975 before sale and $775 at a 20% off Lego discount when the sale starts. The AT-AT will apparently be $179 after discount. Amazing!

I have absolutely no idea where this guy is getting his prices though, except in store, but wouldn't somebody have posted about that yet?. The catalogue hasn't come online yet and the only access I had to the price-less sneak preview was from the Kmart email notification you can sign up for on their website.

Why on earth don't people report these things here on Eurobricks, the first post was made on the 19th on FBTB :(

Damnit, I am so going out to Westfield Chermside this weekend. I'm going to get to the bottom of this because there's a Kmart, Target, BigW, David Jones & Myer all in the one place. Humph *crosses arms*

Usually stock does appear on shelves pre-sale so this isn't surprising.

$775 is still way too much if that is right, though. It's full price in the UK is 350 GBP, which is only $720AUD. A discount on an overpriced set doesn't necessarily make it a bargain. If it does end up at that price I'll pass and save some money for the August sets which are both beautiful and playable :wink:

$180 was about what I thought the AT-AT would be and not bad at all!

I agree svelte. I certainly hadn't planned to pick up the Falcon anyway, mainly because I was a little disappointed to discover that despite 5000 pieces, it doesn't actually have a minifig-scale interior, or any interior besides the cockpit for that matter. I thought there would be gizmo's and gadgets and chess tables everywhere!. Aaand also because I've wasted invested $1200 on 90's Lego sets over the last couple of weeks (It was worth going hungry for that MISB 8480 Technic Space Shuttle) :D

I hope to grab a Motorized AT-AT though, because it looks very cool, but the set I most want this year is the 7676 Republic Gunship. Beautiful and playable as you said. Can't wait for that one, and I suspect Target may get it in time for their sale on the 24th of July.

I agree with you re the lack of detail of the Falcon, radiant7. I had the same issue with the UCS ISD, which is cool to look at but you can't do anything with it. For me Lego is as much about all the cool detail and functions that go into a set as it is about size and being an impressive sculpture. On that basis the 10188 is a much better buy for me personally. (I will also try and pick up a Motorised AT-AT in the sale if I can.) Sometimes though in sale madness it's hard to resist the sight of an aisle of giant boxes with 5000+ piece counts and :wacko: Must... be... strong... I also always usually layby large sale items I'm not sure about as at least you can change your mind and you only lose a couple of dollars rather than having to resell the thing once it's open.

I did notice on that FBTB thread that someone mentioned that Myer has a toy sale starting 5 July - I haven't seen any news about that here or on their website either.

According to the Kmart toy catalog it has the Australian exclusive on the MF. That may save you some time radiant. Did the guy say what store he sore this in, maybe someone can verify it. If there is only a 20% on this baby it will be out of range for most people. Specially those that know about the new sets coming our way.

And i have noticed alot of dwarf mine sets appearing in my local target store. Any one else seen the same?

And i have noticed alot of dwarf mine sets appearing in my local target store. Any one else seen the same?

My local target is PATHETIC ! It only had some racers and afew post cars :sadnew::wacko::thumbdown::hmpf:

But it did have the new LEGO Catalogs :thumbup:

I must say ive only seen the Dwarven mine at Kmart so far this year (possibly TRU), nowhere like Big W, Myer, Target or DJs.

Just knowing there are so many new sets coming out has made the idea of the sale less appealing, though the lure of a cheap AT-AT is interesting, maybe i can hope for Orcish boat and tower raid to make it to Target for the sale.

Edited by I Scream Clone

Australia: Myer have the Eiffel Tower (List Price) and the UCS MF has been spotted in New Town K-Mart. (Tasmania)

I must say ive only seen the Dwarven mine at Kmart so far this year (possibly TRU), nowhere like Big W, Myer, Target or DJs.

Just knowing there are so many new sets coming out has made the idea of the sale less appealing, though the lure of a cheap AT-AT is interesting, maybe i can hope for Orcish boat and tower raid to make it to Target for the sale.

I've seen Dwarf Mining in Target, but the Troll boat is a Big W exclusive. The only special set Target seem to have is the Spongebob Moon Rocket set.

According to the Kmart toy catalog it has the Australian exclusive on the MF. That may save you some time radiant. Did the guy say what store he sore this in, maybe someone can verify it. If there is only a 20% on this baby it will be out of range for most people. Specially those that know about the new sets coming our way.

I know robbo, I meant get to the bottom of all of this sales business :tongue:. I've been seeing the Dwarves Mine in Kmart, Target and even David Jones for about a month and a half now too. I feel sorry for all of these Americans who can't find one, because we've got heaps, at least in department stores around Brisbane, Queensland.

The question is, should I get one now or later?. Is it going to be a limited edition set?. At 20% off it will only be $48 during the sales.

I also forgot to mention that I spotted an undead set about a fortnight ago; the 2006 City Passenger Train in David Jones at Chermside (largest shopping centre in Queensland). It's got some pretty weak reviews, and the only reason I would want one is because of the prestige associated with Lego train sets, and that I always wanted one as a kid :tongue:. I wish they would bring in the Cargo Train instead, that looks like a very detailed train set. At least it's cheap on ebay!

Dwarves Mine will be around for a while. It's no longer a limited edition and is now available all over the US. It's the S@H 'exclusives' which are only available during sale season which are worth looking out for in the next few weeks.

I wouldn't get the Passenger Train as a new trains system is due to launch in 2009 - probably worth waiting for. I only ever saw the Cargo train in Myer on 2 separate occasions and only very briefly, but it does reappear in the lastest Oz catalogue so maybe it's getting a limited re-release.

Sinner, thanks for the news re the Eiffel Tower. Myer sale as well! Too much to choose from! Not enough cash! :wacko:

"I feel sorry for all of these Americans who can't find one, because we've got heaps, at least in department stores around Brisbane, Queensland."

Same here...Kmart just restocked all there first wave impulse sets....50% more this time.....I carnt believe they havent got the wizard yet.

The question is, should I get one now or later?. Is it going to be a limited edition set?. At 20% off it will only be $48 during the sales.

I have six of them now.....a great way to get minifigs and parts at the same time......i hope to get some more.

Sinner, thanks for the news re the Eiffel Tower. Myer sale as well! Too much to choose from! Not enough cash! :wacko:

Town Hall is there too! :oh:

Wow! I can''t remember a sale season so packed with treasures. We need never use S@H again - just wait til July of the next year!

:oh::oh3: You sir made me more broke, well not you but your info :grin: omgosh 2008 is SSOOO EXPENSIVE!

YAY FOR TOWN PLAN!11

It is town plan right? :oh3:

:oh::oh3: You sir made me more broke, well not you but your info :grin: omgosh 2008 is SSOOO EXPENSIVE!

YAY FOR TOWN PLAN!11

It is town plan right? :oh3:

Maybe Sinner is getting confusicated with this set! :tongue:

:skull:

I can confirm that the UCS MF is in K-Mart; in Newtown they had 4. (I have heard that each store is getting 4.) Stocks of the AT-AT are good there, but if someone here takes mine... :angry:

DSC02742es.jpg

I can also confirm that they don't taste particually good...

DSC02744es.jpg

...nor do they respond to sexual persuasion. :sceptic:

Maybe Sinner is getting confusicated with this set! :tongue:

Gee man, one little typo. You knew what I meant... :wink: