Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

New Myer toy sale catalogue: 20% off City, Friends & Superheroes until 9th of October. Also discounts on new X-Wing, Jakku & CTT, around the low-mid 20s%. New Ghostbusters set is $80 too.

40% off the second item at Myer until Sunday. (Doesn't stack on top of catalogue offers of course)

Does anyone else read this anymore?

Anyway, another Myer sale: 20% off until Sunday. Does not include the Porsche or CMFs. Double VIP points on S@H until the end of the month, according to the website, but not sure if that's for us or not (the previously advertised triple points turned out to NOT be for us). Yellow Submarine will be $80.

Aye, or we all have what we were after for the year  and are waiting on the new sets to be announced trying to refill our spent wallets

After what I spent this year (Brick Bank, Ghostbusters HQ, Dr Who set, lots of City, Minifigures and more besides, not to mention all the loose pieces I picked up from Bricks & Pieces and elsewhere) I need to give my bank balance a chance to recover for all the cool stuff I will no doubt buy next year. Only things I plan to buy between now and new years are any really good deals (clearance pricing, 30% off deals, anything else worth jumping on), anything second-hand that shows up (e.g. someone offering stuff for sale at a Brisbricks club meeting that is worth buying and would otherwise be unobtainable) or anything that may happen at or for the Brisbricks xmas party (e.g. if there is another Secret Santa that I need to buy something for)

If Ideas keeps putting out so many awesome things (Apollo rocket and Fishing Store are already on the wishlist and who knows what else 2017 will bring) my wallet is going to be drained even further :(

At least there is nothing from the vast Disney empire that got me to pull out the wallet this year (the Helicarrier is neat but the GBHQ is much cooler and much better value for the same price :)

My excuse is that I can't go to the toy sections in stores, since I can't resist buying something :grin: 
I have no more space at home, and will need to have a big cleanup before I can buy again!
Must be time for a bigger home...

Plus, BrickingAround is pretty good in reporting sales info

Myer: Buy one toy, get the 2nd 40% off, ends tomorrow, 23 Oct. Excludes minifigs and the Porsche. 
Sorry, didn't see this until today.

Edit: Offer apparently started on Wednesday

Edited by slopemodified
Additional info

I didn't know about it until I was there yesterday. Couldn't find any 2 sets the same price to make it worthwhile, besides grabbing 2 TIE strikers. In the end it's only 20% off. And Friends/City/SH(?) is 20% off anyway.

Saw a few things in Big W on sale, while I picked up the City Advent Calendar :classic:

60133 City Advent Calendar $29 (normally $39)
60132 Service Station $85 (normally $95)
60123 Volcano Supply Heli $35 (normally $49)
60104 Airport Terminal $95 (normally $119)

75153 SW AT-ST $58 (normally $69)
75155 SW Rogue One: U-Wing $88 (normally $109)

41131 Friends Advent Calendar $29 (normally $39)
41135 Friends Pop Star House $54 (normally $68)
41130 Friends Roller Coaster $118 (normally $148)
41119 Friends Cupcake Cafe $42 (normally $54)

More sale details in the Big W catalogue. 
Also: 75827 GBHQ $475
Starts Oct 27 - Nov 9.

Also spotted the Dimensions stuff on sale: Starter Packs, Story Packs, Fun Packs, Level Packs and Team Packs
Has anyone bought the Dimensions packs just to get the parts? Do you think it's worth it? I was interested in the Joker/Harley pack and Back to the Future, but it seems pricey for just the parts. I don't even have a console to play it on!

I bought the Slimer pack to get the Slimer figure (although I was able to find someone interested in buying just the tags to help defray the cost)

David Jones has 20% off LEGO, I don't know of any exclusions or when the sale ends, I only saw a glimpse of the ad in the newspaper.

As per usual for David Jones all the good stuff (Creator Export, Ferris Wheel etc) is excluded from the sale.

Toyworld catalogue started yesterday, First Order General polybag is free with $50+ SW sets (best deal is Krennic's Shuttle @20% off). Was wondering whether we'd get it, so there's the answer to that one. Maybe call ahead before visiting your local shop, I went in but they didn't have any yet. All they had was a Nexo Knights polybag...

I also noticed that the upcoming modular Assembly Square will be $400

Edited by Artanis I

If you want the GBHQ and can find a store in your area with stock left, buy it now, it will almost certainly never get cheaper than it is right now with the 20% off sale.

The current Big W price on the Technic Porsche is also as cheap as you will find one.

Edited by jonwil

If anyone is interested Target has 20% off Lego and Toys r us have a "family and friends" 20% off all full priced items until Sunday 20th. 

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Big W exclusive LEGO Dimensions Marceline Fun Pack, in any Big W yet?

When does it start? No bonus items are showing up in the cart at the moment (containing a Death Star, you'd think that would cover the minimum spend). The toy soldier expired yesterday or today.

On 20/11/2016 at 6:59 PM, Brickus said:

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Big W exclusive LEGO Dimensions Marceline Fun Pack, in any Big W yet?

It was reported somewhere else that there has been a short delay. Some Big W stores even put up signs apologising that it wasn't released when anticipated. I think there was talk of it being available in early December.