Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Target's had the some of the Lego movie sets on sale as previously mentioned, but also on some of the Ultra Agents sets. I saw the 70165 Truck HQ is down to $64 (half price), 70168 Diamond Job $39 and 70163 Toxic Meltdown $29 (half price). Ends October 4.

Kmart has a sale on some of the current City sets, and certain sets in other themes (Friends, Elves, Ninjago, TFA). Picked up the 60073 Service Truck for $20 and you can also get the 60083 Snowplough, 60081 Tow Truck, 60084 Racing Bike truck and 60082 Dune Buggy for the same price. The Deep Sea sets are also on sale. Goes until October 7.

I believe Big W is running a similar promo on the City and Deep Sea sets, discounts vary.

If anyone wants the new TIE Fighter, its available at Big W for $59 although you need a rewards card to get that price.

Hey, if anyone is after the 2015 Starwars Advent Calendar, Myer in Brisbane CBD have about 20 @ 49.95 ea.I grabbed one, quite a nice set with some good minifigs for the collector.

Hi Everyone

I finally talked myself into picking up the Simpsons Lego sets.

Are there any sales I should look out for, or should I just pick them up from Shop@ home?

Re: Simpsons Sets

I would consider waiting for a 20% off sale at Big W, if you have some local Big W stores with stock.

I recommend keeping an eye on these blogs for all of the latest sales:

http://brickingaround.com/

http://jaysbrickblog.com/

Thanks for the tip. I actually went to a Big W yesterday and it was such a chore to just have someone do a stock check for the Simpsons sets. Bizare. The lady said it would be quite a "favour" just to have the manager access the computer system. Sigh. I feel like contacting head office and having a chat about the quality of the staff there (Midland in Perth).

Hi Everyone

I finally talked myself into picking up the Simpsons Lego sets.

Are there any sales I should look out for, or should I just pick them up from Shop@ home?

Right now David Jones is your best bet with 20% off RRP.

I haven't followed the Simpsons sets but Big W a few weeks ago when they had 20% off was definitely the best price for the Kwik E Mart if you could find one it stock, their catalogue price is still $268, well below RRP.

If you can wait, a better than 20% off deal might eventually pop up but you can definitely avoid paying RRP at S@H. Worst case scenario find someone with stock and get them to price match one of the current toy sale catalogues like Big W or David Jones 20% off.

For anyone looking to price match on things, David Jones is probably a good place to try and get a price match (assuming DJs has the set you want) since they seem to have some of the most liberal price matching policies out there. (they will even price match online-only prices of stores that have physical retail outlets (so next time Target or someone has an online-only sale on something you happen to want you can try and get DJs to price match it, good if you also have something like an Entertainment Card and can get a further discount on David Jones gift vouchers)

K-Mart also have really good price match policies from what I have observed.

Toys R Us has started Bricktober - Get $100 of Lego to receive their first exclusive Bricktober set. Week one is the Bricktober Hotel.

Series 14 Halloween minifigs are available too, and CMFs are 4 for $15! Pretty hard to beat that price! :D

No Double VIP Points in October?

Darn

According to some of the comments on Brickset, Europe (whose promotions we usually follow) will have double VIP points from 14th to 31st October.

Probably not of much interest to AFOLs, but we currently have quadruple VIP points, plus a free storage bag/playmat available with/on any Duplo purchase (ends 4th October), and a free Creator Tiger polybag (with qualifying purchase amount of $45.00) until 6th October.

Edited by Nikaliptus

Seen fairly reliable evidence from another forum that the Temple of Airjitzu will be comming to local retail at some point in the future (no information on who or when, just that it will be comming apparently.

So dont necessarily assume that double VIP is the best deal you can get on it, it may show up at somewhere with 20% off at some point.

(Finally) double VIP points from LEGO.com (14 - 31 Oct). Great time for Sandcrawler, Ferrari F40 or Temple of Airjitzu (or even the Helicarrier, if you can afford it...)

From yesterday 22nd Oct to 20 November you get LEGO Christmas Train (40138) with any order over $100 from LEGO.com/shop while stocks last ./shrug

http://www.thebrickf...n-40138-review/

Good for those already tempted by the double points on offer until the end of OCT.

Those Star wars fans can also pick up afree Sergeant Stormtrooperâ„¢ for star wars orders over $45

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/LEGO-Current-Promotions?RRID=44697435&RMID=SAH_2015_10_23_StormtrooperGWP_EU

Edited by RonanSai

Kmart started their Christmas toy catalogue this past Monday, most noticeable deals are the Millenium Falcon for $199 and the City Town Square for $179.

Also on eBay, Target are offering 25% off their toy range when entering the code CTARGET25 on checkout. They took down the listings for most of their LEGO sets but have the listings for Ultra Agents and The LEGO Movie sets up.

What happened to the stormtrooper? It's not coming up for me today. I don't want a smegging Christmas train...

What happened to the stormtrooper? It's not coming up for me today. I don't want a smegging Christmas train...

Yeah its not there now O_o the link i linked still has stormtrooper in the url .. but the page has changed >< was there the other day. ,../shrug. Id bug them if i was after one :D