Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Anyone know who (if anyone) will be stocking the City Swamp Police Hovercraft Arrest. Its not in the catalog so it must be a retailer exclusive and I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

I got the big W toy sale catalouge . . . they had both the new-new cargo train ($225) and the USC star wars sand crawler ($385) and the USC Avengers helicarrier (not sure price).

Looks like I'll be spending big at Big W.

:grin: Sorry this seesm to be old news . . . .

Edited by jtr

Exo-Suit is $35 on S@H (30% off!), so if you don't have one this is your best price & probably last chance.

After being told I couldn't buy the Helicarrier early by two different stores, I dropped by my local Big W tonight to plan for tomorrow morning only to be told they've sold out!!!!!!!

Pure speculation, the Target toy sale begins 22 July, hopefully the Star Wars sets that are supposed to hit retail in August land some time during the sale period.

Exo-Suit is $35 on S@H (30% off!), so if you don't have one this is your best price & probably last chance.

Looks like the Exo-Suit is sold out now...

For those in QLD, good stock levels of most things at Big W Beenleigh. No Helicarrier though (guy told me they were out of stock).

Plenty of stock of the Creator stuff (including the Blue Power Jet that is scanning at $55 and not the catalog price of $68). City, NinjaGo, Classic, Pirates and Minecraft.

No idea about the other big stuff (Simpsons House, Sandcrawler) since I was in a hurry and not interested in buying these at all and didn't ask.

If you have even the slightest interest in the Blue Power Jet and you can in any way afford $55, BUY IT, that price (about 38% off RRP by my math) is the cheapest its likely to go unless it ends up in deep clearance somewhere.

Also, Toys R Us has 20% off all full priced items (excluding some non-LEGO crap people on here aren't going to care about) for the 26th, 27th and 28th of June (or online for the 25th as well) via this coupon:

http://www.toysrus.com.au/familyandfriends/

So if there is anything at your local TRU that you want, it seems like now would be a good time to buy it. (I wonder if you could get the full 20% off normal price on items that are part of their toy sale catalog but where the discount is less than 20% e.g. the Hydra Fortress set or if you could only get the catalog price)

Went to Toys 'R' Us, I bought the droid carrier for $60, $10 off after signing up for their VIP program. MTT is $130, VW camper van $20 off rrp, coruscant police gunship $70. I was in a hurry but those were the ones I noticed.

FYI, people are reporting that they have been able to get staff in store to stack the 20% off Friends and Family coupon with existing discounts (obviously it depends on the items, the discount and the staff member) but if there are things you want at Toys R Us (especially things that are exclusive to Toys R Us) and you can get to one this weekend, you might be able to bag a bargain.

The Big W toy sale has been a big bust in my opinion.

I was not after anything too exclusive like the Sandcrawler or Helicarrier just the two Jurassic World sets featured in the catalogue. My thinking is they're never going to be discounted this much again 75916 (30%) and 75917 (26%) and because they're a one time theme they might not stick around too long.

Anyway I went to my nearest Big W in Sydney Thursday night and zilch apart from the most expensive set. Friday night I went to a different store and nothing again but one T rex set. I tried another store today and only the biggest set again. I did enquire at one of the stores and they said they got them in for the sale but now they're all gone.

I'm thinking something suspect is happening. Either Big W is getting limited stock supplies or there's some serious scalping happening in Sydney. I thought about complaing to one of the staff members that I spoke with, that the store should actually have in stock what is advertised in their promotional material but I know the lowly employee doesnt care or is no position to do anything about it.

After visiting three stores I called one more and was told the ones I wanted were sold out. Now I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this in the first place but I stopped by my nearest Target on the way home and picked up both sets. When I went to the check out I asked to price match and pulled out the Big W catalogue and it couldn't have been easier. To think of all the time I wasted I should have done this on Thursday.

Target had at least 10 of the small to medium sets and plenty of the bigger ones. I thought that's how you stock a store. I will definitely pay them a visit if there's anything I want when they have their sale. And I doubt I'll step foot in a Big W again.

The misleading sale tactics, the crummy stores and incorrectly labeled price tags. Who needs them? Their website is even worse, they won't let you check stock levels online or by location or even make online purchases - crazy. It's not 2005.

At each store I visited I did not see one Sandcrawler or Helicarrier. I really feel sorry for anyone who wants either of these, good luck finding them.

Ok end of rant.

I'd be interested to know if others are having any luck finding what they want at the Big W sale?

Edited by afolaus

No probs here. Was able to access all the sets (incl JWorld), including the big sets on thu morning. However I did notice that many stores only had 2 of each of the Sandcrawler and helicarrier.

Always best to price match when not an exclusive as a general rule to expand the supply of items available at that price.

I was not after anything too exclusive like the Sandcrawler or Helicarrier just the two Jurassic World sets featured in the catalogue. My thinking is they're never going to be discounted this much again 75916 (30%) and 75917 (26%) and because they're a one time theme they might not stick around too long.

Anyway I went to my nearest Big W in Sydney Thursday night and zilch apart from the most expensive set. Friday night I went to a different store and nothing again but one T rex set. I tried another store today and only the biggest set again. I did enquire at one of the stores and they said they got them in for the sale but now they're all gone.

I'm thinking something suspect is happening. Either Big W is getting limited stock supplies or there's some serious scalping happening in Sydney. I thought about complaing to one of the staff members that I spoke with, that the store should actually have in stock what is advertised in their promotional material but I know the lowly employee doesnt care or is no position to do anything about it.

After visiting three stores I called one more and was told the ones I wanted were sold out. Now I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this in the first place but I stopped by my nearest Target on the way home and picked up both sets. When I went to the check out I asked to price match and pulled out the Big W catalogue and it couldn't have been easier. To think of all the time I wasted I should have done this on Thursday.

Target had at least 10 of the small to medium sets and plenty of the bigger ones. I thought that's how you stock a store. I will definitely pay them a visit if there's anything I want when they have their sale. And I doubt I'll step foot in a Big W again.

The misleading sale tactics, the crummy stores and incorrectly labeled price tags. Who needs them? Their website is even worse, they won't let you check stock levels online or by location or even make online purchases - crazy. It's not 2005.

At each store I visited I did not see one Sandcrawler or Helicarrier. I really feel sorry for anyone who wants either of these, good luck finding them.

Ok end of rant.

I'd be interested to know if others are having any luck finding what they want at the Big W sale?

Any idea when ant man sets will start appearing in stores?

Edited by Pennas2000

Ok end of rant.

I am a bigw employee and a lowly one at that. I can tell you in my store, my job was to fill Lego and i couldnt keep up with the demand. Especially with jurassic world. We only had a few boxes of each set and sold out in 3 days. No more stock. Indominous rex set sold out 20 minutes after putting the stock out on Thursday morning.

I cant say for those paticular stores you visited but this is what my store was like.

I am a bigw employee and a lowly one at that. I can tell you in my store, my job was to fill Lego and i couldnt keep up with the demand. Especially with jurassic world. We only had a few boxes of each set and sold out in 3 days. No more stock. Indominous rex set sold out 20 minutes after putting the stock out on Thursday morning.

I cant say for those paticular stores you visited but this is what my store was like.

Wow that's some good insight there. And that's why I don't give you guys a hard time, I'm not that entitled to have a hissy fit in the store demanding my childrens toys, I just complain about it on the internet ;)

I'm still disappointed by the amount of stock, ideally if Target can have so many sets why can't Big W, from the sound of it they clearly would of sold? And the stores I went to were sold out much sooner.

I'm surprised by the Indominus rex set selling so well as I didn't think Big W had much of a discount on it, if any at all, and from memory Myer was still the best place to get it with 20% off.

As for your question about the Ant-man set there seems to be a delay because of production issue: http://brickset.com/...-battle-delayed

Edited by afolaus

For anyone interested in the 3 new Ultra Agents sets (Ultrasonic Showdown, Portal Hideout, Ocean HQ) we have a comment from LEGO (via http://brickingaround.com/2015/06/24/release-schedule-for-second-half-of-2015/ ) that they wont be released in Australia (which jibes with other information suggesting they wont be released in the Europe/Australia/etc distribution side of things at all or even sold on Shop @ Home to that part of the world) so if you want one you will need to find a US based retailer willing to sell you one.

I was sort of interested in these sets for parts but if they aren't showing up locally, I wont bother.

I don't have a horse in this race because I'm not interested in any of those sets but if Lego make amazon put international shipping restrictions on those particular sets that's pretty crappy.

The issue with the Big-W sale in my opinion was the fact that it started 2 days earlier for everyday rewards members. I went to the chermside store 20 mins after it opened on thursday to be told they had sold out of the sandcrawler\helicarrier. Why sell all of your big ticket items before the sale starts why not half for ER members and half for everyone else at least!

Region exclusive sets again... TLG is going backwards there. Whatever happened to globalisation? It's better to cancel them altogether than to advertise the sets on their website only for kids to find out that they can't ever get them (except through the after-market from overseas).

In other news, I noticed that the SW Rebels carrier is not in the catalogue, and has a number that isn't consecutive with the other released sets. Does that mean it won't be available at retail (or perhaps will be exclusive -- which would be unprecedented considering the amount of those already)?

The issue with the Big-W sale in my opinion was the fact that it started 2 days earlier for everyday rewards members. I went to the chermside store 20 mins after it opened on thursday to be told they had sold out of the sandcrawler\helicarrier. Why sell all of your big ticket items before the sale starts why not half for ER members and half for everyone else at least!

And that's why I commented on this sale being a bust. Doesn't seem like they've got enough stock to last the first 24 hours on the big ticket and exclusive items let alone last the length of sale. As opposed to Myer who have been reupping their stock the past three weeks.

Does any one know when we'll likely see the contents of Target's catalogue? I know it's not even July yet and their sale begins on the 22nd but I'm curious.

And that's why I commented on this sale being a bust. Doesn't seem like they've got enough stock to last the first 24 hours on the big ticket and exclusive items let alone last the length of sale. As opposed to Myer who have been reupping their stock the past three weeks.

Does any one know when we'll likely see the contents of Target's catalogue? I know it's not even July yet and their sale begins on the 22nd but I'm curious.

I wish they would re-upp some more slave 1's :hmpf_bad:

Its been shown on some of the facebook pages, their big ticket items are the UCS Tie and the tumblr

I saw the tease and now I want to see the rest and more importantly, prices ;)