Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Speaking to a staff member at Sydney City; they said they will not receive the tumbler.

For those who have purchased the entertainment book; you can purchase e gift cards at 10% off.

immediately delivered to your email.

This has nothing to do with sales but as an 'Aussie' topic I though I'd share here thinking people could be interested.

I looked at the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens set numbers/piece count/price information and have tried to come up with the Australian R.R.P. This was derived mostly from recent sets with an exact price comparison between the AUD, USD, Euro and Sterling. Piece count hasn't really factored in because that's usually all over the place.

75099 Rey's Speeder - 193 pieces - £19.99, €26.99, $19.99

75100 First Order Snowspeeder - 444 pieces - £39.99, €49.99, $39.99

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - 517 pieces - £59.99, €69.99, $69.99

75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - 717 pieces - £69.99, €89.99, $79.99

75103 First Order Transporter - 792 pieces - £79.99, €99.99, $89.99

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - 1004 pieces - £99.99, €119.99, $119.99

75105 Millennium Falcon - 1332 pieces - £129.99, €149.99, $149.99

75099 $32.99 based on 75090

75100 $69.99 based on 75086 & 75087

75101 $99.99 based on 75084

75102 $129.99 based on 75093

75103 $139.99 based on 75094

75104 $179.99 based on 75054 & 75106

75105 $249.99 based on 7965

The Sterling/Euro/USD info is in the spoiler tags and it pretty much matches spot on with the R.R.P prices contained in the Brickset links. I'd like any feedback if anyone thinks I'm off or wrong.

But I thought people could start planning their budgets accordingly ;)

Edited by afolaus

I'd say you're close, but there seems to be too much gap between the TIE & X-Wing price, either the TIE is $110 or the X-Wing $120.

Big W Robina has the Heavy Haul train, Creator Treehouse and Bike Shop & Cafe. There are also cards in the LEGO section for the Sea Cow, Death Star, Sandcrawler, B-Wing, Simpsons House and Volvo Excavator. The B-Wing card said "sold out" I think but all the others didn't say that so they probably have stock in the back somewhere for those. A few Jurassic World sets at Big W as well (cant remember which ones)

K-Mart Robina has the new green & white Creator 4x4 as well as some of the Jurassic World sets.

Nothing worth caring about at David Jones, Target or MYER (MYER is probably keeping all the stock in the back until closer to the sale)

This has nothing to do with sales but as an 'Aussie' topic I though I'd share here thinking people could be interested.

I looked at the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens set numbers/piece count/price information and have tried to come up with the Australian R.R.P. This was derived mostly from recent sets with an exact price comparison between the AUD, USD, Euro and Sterling. Piece count hasn't really factored in because that's usually all over the place.

75099 Rey's Speeder - 193 pieces - £19.99, €26.99, $19.99

75100 First Order Snowspeeder - 444 pieces - £39.99, €49.99, $39.99

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - 517 pieces - £59.99, €69.99, $69.99

75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - 717 pieces - £69.99, €89.99, $79.99

75103 First Order Transporter - 792 pieces - £79.99, €99.99, $89.99

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - 1004 pieces - £99.99, €119.99, $119.99

75105 Millennium Falcon - 1332 pieces - £129.99, €149.99, $149.99

75099 $32.99 based on 75090

75100 $69.99 based on 75086 & 75087

75101 $99.99 based on 75084

75102 $129.99 based on 75093

75103 $139.99 based on 75094

75104 $179.99 based on 75054 & 75106

75105 $249.99 based on 7965

The Sterling/Euro/USD info is in the spoiler tags and it pretty much matches spot on with the R.R.P prices contained in the Brickset links. I'd like any feedback if anyone thinks I'm off or wrong.

But I thought people could start planning their budgets accordingly ;)

I think you're close with those prices, will be interesting to see how much they cost...

Any word on when the new Star Wars and Superheroes sets are going to hit retail?

Star Wars is due in August, I'm not sure about Super Heroes as there are conflicting reports about them coming this month and August.

Any word on when the new Star Wars and Superheroes sets are going to hit retail?

Funny, I came here to ask the same thing. I thought it would be after the sales but still looking forward to that Shuttle Tydirium, so the sooner the better. Follow up question, should we Australians expect The Force Awakens sets to hit retail first week of September like the rest of the world or will there be a couple of months delay like everything else it seems?

I think you're close with those prices, will be interesting to see how much they cost...

I think so too. I have a fear that 75099 may have a price set unscrupulously at $39.99, it's happened before but I'm hoping with the super low piece count and the 75090 precedent we'll get 'lucky'.

I also forgot to add that some of those sets will look far more attractive with a 20% off sale ;) TIE Fighters should not be $100 :)

Edited by afolaus

So the Myer sale only started today, and nearly everything exclusive is sold out online already. Hopefully whoever wanted something can find it locally.

Star Wars is due in August

That's 2 months after S@H... how annoying.

At Myer Garden City, WA, stock of the Palace Cinemas disappeared quite fast. I saw an employee put three Cinemas on hold. By the time I left, they had 1 Cinema, several Detective's Offices and Slave 1s left on the shelf. I have heard that the other Myer stores in WA are similar - the Cinemas are being snatched up like crazy. I suppose it's partly because the set could be retired soon.

Lego is King.

Sydney city had a "limit of 3" thing going, but the detectives office and palace cinema were walking out the door (or into layby) in groups of threes at a few minutes after doors opened. They just had two crates out with people yanking stuff out.

they also had a few dozen slave 1s, and only noticed one of them moving in the first hour of opening.

Star Wars is due in August

Any one know of any sales planned for August ;) Shuttle Tydirium is temporarily out of stock at s@h, it must be popular.

Edited by afolaus

At Myer Garden City, WA, stock of the Palace Cinemas disappeared quite fast. I saw an employee put three Cinemas on hold. By the time I left, they had 1 Cinema, several Detective's Offices and Slave 1s left on the shelf. I have heard that the other Myer stores in WA are similar - the Cinemas are being snatched up like crazy. I suppose it's partly because the set could be retired soon.

Lego is King.

i doubt its got anything to do with retirement, IMO it is more because of the price, $159 is a hell of a price for any modular, the general consensus is its one of the poorer modulars from lego but who knows its value might skyrocket like the town hall

regarding todays myer sale the stories i have heard about single people pushing warehouse trollys and scooping up half the stock is just disgusting, best way to combat it is not support the reselling market, but its easier said than done

Edited by Brickmamba

i doubt its got anything to do with retirement, IMO it is more because of the price, $159 is a hell of a price for any modular, the general consensus is its one of the poorer modulars from lego but who knows its value might skyrocket like the town hall

regarding todays myer sale the stories i have heard about single people pushing warehouse trollys and scooping up half the stock is just disgusting, best way to combat it is not support the reselling market, but its easier said than done

What's even on sale this time at Myers? All lego or just specific sets?

Exclusive sets mostly, sets only usually available from S@H.

Thankfully, the Myers I went to didn't have many people at all at opening. Picked up one of the only two Slave I's on shelf, plenty of other stock of modulars and the likes. Very happy I got what I wanted!

I slapped on layby at Myers a Detective's Office $179 ...six month layby makes Lego buying easy.

Now BigW sale starts in two weeks time, the Heavy Haul Train is $225.....TTP only has three...tempted I am to go back and just do an eight week layby. :blush: ( just in case they sell out even before the sale begins :look: ).

My Myer only had 1 Palace left by the time I arrived and it was only 9:15. The $159 Palace cinema box towers over the $179.00 Detective office so I can see why that's the better seller.

20% off all Lego.

MYER Brisbane CBD has Minis, some larger LEGO Movie stuff, plenty of super heroes and Jurassic World stuff kincluding the MYER exclusive in both lines, 1 cargo train and some passenger trains and stations, various other city items, Simpsons S2, a few Architecture sets and 4 DOs. No PCs or slaves or new stuff that I could see (and no idea about stock levels in the back). Staff said they have been limiting to 1 per customer for the big items at that store.

Only thing at David Jones is some TMNT Lair sets.

Didn't hit Mr Toys, Target or Big W.

Only stock of note visible at MYER Garden City are a few Minis, brainiac attacks, a fdew JW items including the raptor pen and one each of the Passenger Train and Cargo train.

K-Mart has he Changing Seasons and the new 4x4. No jet or anything else notable though.

Nothing at Target, Big W, Toys R Us or David Jones

I'm contemplating buying a second 75054 AT-AT. Does any one have a heads up on the best discounted price available on this set?

I was standing in Myer on Saturday with the box in my hand @ 20% off ($136) and decided against it for now. I got 25% off ($127.50) my first AT-AT towards the end of last year so paying more kind of seems wrong.

Or am I being crazy and I should snap one up whilst I can? I'm not sure what stock levels have been like as it's completely fallen off my radar since I purchased the first one until now, anyone care to comment on this?

No one mention the Big W drop zone scores a little while back please :tongue:

I have actually had very little luck recently finding that and the star destroyer anywhere that has sales. I considered the same on Saturday, but decided against it at the time. It's possible that there won't be too many more chances, as many other sets from mid last year are on clearance already. (So if stock is gone, it may not come back)

I picked up the AT-AT today from Myer taking advantage of the mid year sale and $40 off getting it for $129.00 (24% reduction). That's close enough to the 25% off or better I was hoping for like my first AT-AT so time to bite the bullet.

I was just going to order from Myer online since it's back in stock there but I was close to a Myer today so I thought I'd save myself the wait. There was plenty of stock, probably because it's a featured catalogue item, but less so of it's 2014 brethren ie Cantina, Snowspeeder etc. Lucky for me I guess.

Already bricklinked in advance a second AT-AT Pilot (or 4th) from the microfighter set to co-pilot. I only now realised that the AT-AT comes with three of the new Snowtroopers and the one from the new snowspeeder makes four. Now I need an extra one to even up those troop numbers and I'm not going to buy another snowspeeder, or....... nope I've got enough of those over the years ;)

Stupid Big W and their $90 AT-AT's I would have paid them at least $110, they should have consulted with me first before the frenzy began :)

Ok that's enough of this novel.

It appears shortly TRU will have instock new DC & Marvel super hero sets......two have appeared online and checking Gepps Cross their computers are showing stock but on route to them in a few days.

http://www.toysrus.com.au/lego-super-heroes-the-batboat-harbor-pursuit_8029889/

http://www.toysrus.com.au/lego-super-heroes-rhino-sandman-super-villain-team-up_8029889/

I got what I was after from the Myer sale, a Mini and a second Detectives Office to break for spare bricks from the Tea Tree Plaza store. I phone reserved them the day before but they had no Palace Cinemas at the time so I reserved one at Marion. I tried calling the city store at 9.00 AM to reserve a PC, all sold. TTP had some but they were gone at opening time but a mate who went for a Mini last night said they had a table full of Mini's, Combi's DO's AND PC's so they must have restocked during the day.

I drove down to Marion and to my dismay they had put aside a DO instead of a PC. The absolute angel of a shop assistant got me the copy she had put aside for herself and sold it to me, turns out she was an AFOL herself so I made sure her manager heard how happy I was!

Overall a good day!

Tony

There were still a few Slaves left at MYER North Lakes as of earlier today. They also had the new dark blue Creator fighter jet.

No modulars or other interesting stock that I could see (although I may have missed something)

Didn't get to Target or Big W (not that it matters since neither of them is actually having a sale :)

So all 3 of the new Creator sets have now been spotted in QLD stores but none of the other new sets are out yet except for the retailer exclusives at Big W like the Heavy Haul Train.