Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Okay, so either Lego Australia or BigW must do a please explain........

From Thursday at BigW.......Great Vehicles sets are 25 bucks save 6 dollars.......do the math......31 dollars......the r.r.p. is 29.99, so what now a BigW Tax ? :hmpf_bad:

(They'll say it's because of the Aussie dollar right ? :hmpf_bad: )

From Thursday at BigW.......Great Vehicles sets are 25 bucks save 6 dollars.......do the math......31 dollars......the r.r.p. is 29.99, so what now a BigW Tax ? :hmpf_bad:

I think there's some monkey business going on here. Saying you save more then you actually do to get more sales..

Hola!

Are you saying there are people who would be happy paying $25 if there is a $6 saving but not happy paying $25 if there is only a $5 saving?

EvMan

toy world mandurah is having some age of ultron sets on sale.

Did they have the 2 largest ones, the tower and the Quinjet.

If Big W didn't actually sell them at the $31 price tag, they can get in trouble with the ACCC under false and misleading advertizing laws.

Did they have the 2 largest ones, the tower and the Quinjet.

only saw hulk buster smash for $45, iron man vs ultron for $17 and avengers hydra showdown at $35.

btw, start this 23rd march thru 4th April.

Edited by doydy

If Big W didn't actually sell them at the $31 price tag, they can get in trouble with the ACCC under false and misleading advertizing laws.

Very true, I remember both BigW and Kmart sell those sets for 28 bucks.......a three buck increase at BigW only ?

I'll check a BigW tomorrow.....as long as I remember to do that ! :blush:

Beenleigh Big W (as of earlier today) were definatly selling them at $28.

So, if they claim save 6 bucks makes the sets 22 bucks right.......hmm, I wonder if we can test them to see eh ? :devil:

Big W are usually the cheapest overall for Lego of the big box stores, I'd put this down as a typo rather than a intentional mislead......

Most likely it will result in Big W publishing a correction saying "the catalog was incorrect, the correct save is $3 not $6" or whatever.

Most likely it will result in Big W publishing a correction saying "the catalog was incorrect, the correct save is $3 not $6" or whatever.

Best check the morning papers for the next two days for that correction eh ? :wink:

Is there any word on the release of 76040 Brainiac Attack? DC Superheroes should be hitting the shelves in coming day but nada on this, which is on s@h I guess.

Got this email from Big W with yet another error (which I intend to utilise)

Hmm, you might not be the only one ! :laugh:

Is there any word on the release of 76040 Brainiac Attack? DC Superheroes should be hitting the shelves in coming day but nada on this, which is on s@h I guess.

We probably won't see it till mid year sales around May/June.

We probably won't see it till mid year sales around May/June.

If then, remember we missed out on the X-men set last year ? :hmpf_bad:

Not sure if this is new, but saw the Gorilla Grodd and Aquaman sets at Target today. Also saw the small Hydra car with Thor and Hawkeye (although reading above, it seems AoU sets have been around for a few days)

Not sure if this is new, but saw the Gorilla Grodd and Aquaman sets at Target today. Also saw the small Hydra car with Thor and Hawkeye (although reading above, it seems AoU sets have been around for a few days)

Oh, do tell which Target where ? :grin:

Mr Toys Beenleigh has the Sea Cow, Opera House, Winter Village Market, 5 Elves sets (all except the biggest one), all 4 DC sets, the 2 smaller Disney Princess sets, Speed Champions McLaren P1, Speed Champions Ferrari 458, Speed Champions McLaren Pit Stop, Avengers Hulkbuster, Avengers Iron Man Ultron and the Avengers set with the 4x4 and dune buggy.

Big W Beenleigh has Elves (don't remember seeing the smallest set but the rest are all there), the Speed Champions Ferrari Truck and the Porsche 918.

Oh and the answer to the "mistake" from up-thread is that they are on sale at Beenleigh right now at $22 (so $6 off normal Big W RRP)

Target Newton had the smallest Avengers set plus two of the twenty dollar Speed Champions sets.......and that's it.

Has anyone seen the Green Lantern set at any MYER stores yet? I wasn't planning to hit the 20% off sale this weekend (I am going out on a massive massive as-yet-still-being-planned shopping odyssey on Tuesday for my birthday and I dont want to also go out this weekend) but if I can get 20% off the Green Lantern set (the one DC Super Heroes set I actually want) it might be worth going out...