Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

The check out didn't pick up the sale on the MTT with the BOGHO today so double check your offers are stacking if you take advantage of the TRU offer..........

Not sure what state you're in but WA has the Hobbit sets apart from the largest one in TRU and Toyworlds so I'm assuming other states would have the same. Very few of the larger chains tended to stock much of the last wave anyway....

Not sure what state you're in but WA has the Hobbit sets apart from the largest one in TRU and Toyworlds so I'm assuming other states would have the same. Very few of the larger chains tended to stock much of the last wave anyway....

I'm in Melbourne

Any rumors of a stock shortage are false, at least based on the stock levels I saw at Mr Toys Loganholme earlier today.

Noteworthy sets spotted:

Simpsons House

Winter Village Market

Ghostbusters car

Power Functions Motor set

Train track sets (points set plus straight & flex set)

Architecture Tower Of Pisa, Empire State Building, Big Ben, Opera House, Imperial Hotel, Villa Savoye, Eiffel Tower, UN HQ

New hobbit sets including the big one with the dragon and the Lake Town set.

Hobbit and Creationary board games.

Big friends boat

Big castle from the last wave of Castle sets

VW Van

Big Opera House

Series 13 figures.

Town Hall modular.

Oh and they also had no less than 4(!) Horizon Expresses in stock.

David Jones robina has vw, mixer, town hall opera house and palace cinema.

MYER has 20% off but no stock of note.

Target still has 20% off and has 5 R2s and a simpsons houae.

The TRU Australia sale (25% off with 25OFF code) stacks with the current 'Buy 1, get 1 half off' promotion running now, but discount only applies to the full-priced item and add $10 or so for shipping. Grabbed 2 Cantinas for $163+10, but you can get 2 Passenger Trains for $287+10. Works out to be 37% off if you buy equally priced items in pairs (before shipping).

EDIT: They've removed the ability to stack the code with Lego promo.

EDIT 2: Still works! Just need to do it in this order. Add 1 item to cart > Apply coupon > Increase quantity to 2 within checkout. It you do it the reverse order, it'll jack both to full price then deduct discount. Also, tick your payment type in checkout before changing quantity.

Edited by Strand

TRU Australia (finally) removed the 'double-dip' feature on their website but not before I also scored 2x Cantina bargain (gotta get the band back together...). Thank you Strand.

I also found it interesting that the only way they could eliminate the 'coupon stacking' ability was to entirely remove the "25% off single item" offer, which was originally supposed to run till Sunday. Only way to snare 25% discount now is to use their BOGO offer (on equally priced items). Bit of a dog's breakfast all round really.

Do TRU generally do the BOGO offer every year? Any other stores do a similar offer?

Thanks Strand for the heads up on the TRU Buy 1, get 1 half off + 25% off promo code offer.

It worked for me as of Friday 3pm as I just put in an order for the Star Wars AT-AT at $127.49 (25% off) and the Cantina at $65 (half off).

For those in QLD, MYER Garden City has plenty of stock of both the town hall and parisian restaurant. No other modulars that I saw.

My hope is that the Detective Agency pricing follows the pricing of the Parisian Restaurant which is also $160 in the US and is $250 in Australia. But with the fall in the dollar as of late, I predict it will be $260 or more.

My hope is that the Detective Agency pricing follows the pricing of the Parisian Restaurant which is also $160 in the US and is $250 in Australia. But with the fall in the dollar as of late, I predict it will be $260 or more.

... :cry_sad:*huh*

Maybe I got my hopes up too high about being able to get one..

S@H VIPs can currently get early access to their Brick Friday promotions, which includes the free 40107 Winter Skating Scene set for orders over $100.00.

In Europe, there's also an additional 5% discount for orders over a certain threshold, that is applied during the checkout process, which didn't show up on my Aussie order, so after placing my order, I sent customer service an email saying that whilst I was excited to qualify for the free skating scene set, I was disappointed that I wasn’t given the 5% discount that European customers are entitled to as part of the early access to the Brick Friday promotions, and I have just received the following response…

“Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get your 5% discount off your order. It should of applied for orders in Australia and I have talked to my Billing department and set up a refund for the mistake that the 5% was not applied. I am sorry if this has caused any confusion or frustration but for now keep a look out for money returning to the original card used in the order.

You should the money return back to your card in 3 – 5 business days but it depends on your bank.”

It doesn’t look like they’ve fixed the S@H website to automatically apply the discount, and so far, it hasn’t shown up on my order summary (maybe it won’t, and will just be refunded back, once my order ships and my card is charged), but at least it sounds like they’re willing and able to apply the discount after the fact, if you get in touch with them and politely ask for it.

Best of luck! :classic:

LEGO.com has sold out of SW Advent Calendars... does anyone know if this will be permanent? I'm hoping it will be available again by Brick Friday...

Apart from that, has anyone seen the SW Advent Calendar in any shops? Everywhere seems to only have City ones (Target, Big W, Kmart, Toys 'R' Us, all in the Sydney area).

And thanks for the info Nikaliptus, if they haven't updated the offers on Friday I'll definitely email them to ask.

LEGO.com has sold out of SW Advent Calendars... does anyone know if this will be permanent? I'm hoping it will be available again by Brick Friday...

Apart from that, has anyone seen the SW Advent Calendar in any shops? Everywhere seems to only have City ones (Target, Big W, Kmart, Toys 'R' Us, all in the Sydney area).

And thanks for the info Nikaliptus, if they haven't updated the offers on Friday I'll definitely email them to ask.

The SW Advent Calendar is exclusive to Toyworld, and Mr Toys.

Try ozgameshop - got mine from there for $54 posted I believe.

The SW Advent Calendar is exclusive to Toyworld, and Mr Toys.

Oh, really? The nearest Toyworld to Sydney is in Wollongong or Newcastle, two hours away...

Try ozgameshop - got mine from there for $54 posted I believe.

And ozgameshop is out of stock too. I guess I'll just have to hope they bring out more.

Thanks anyway :grin:

Edited by Albus