Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

the x-men set is also available on other US sites (e.g. walmart) so its not a TRU USA exclusive which tells us nothing about who (if anyone) will get it locally.

As for the Parisian, its a MYER exclusive and it seems to have sold out everywhere.

I know it obviously isn't in Australia, but I found "most" of the time, buy a few sets off Amazon at once can be far cheaper than buyin g them from say, a genreral retail store. I grabbed the Manbat Attack and the Nova Ship off there and it only cost me $52 for both including shipping! So $26 each.

Just food for thought.

Spotted a bunch of new/exclusive/notable product at Toys R Us Garden City Westfield earlier today:

TMNT Shredder Lair Escape

Star Wars MTT

LOTR Elf Council

LOTR Black Gate

Sopwith Camel

LEGO Movie Rescue Reinforcements

LEGO City Bandit Hideout (the TRU exclusive one with the dark blue helicopter and orange pickup truck)

LEGO City Arctic Cargo Airplane

All of those except the Sopwith and LOTR are TRU exclusive and I believe the Arctic Airplane, Shredder Lair and MTT are new for the second half of 2014.

No sign of any new product at any of the other stores at Garden City (Big W or David Jones) or at Loganholme (Big W, K-Mart, MYER or Mr Toys) or Beenleigh (Mr Toys or Big W). Well unless you count GOTG as new that is :)

Anyone want to use their knowledge of the QLD lego market to try to predict which shopping center or retailer is the most likely to get the LEGO Movie Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! out first or where I should try and hit this weekend/next week if I want to maximize my chances of finding one?

Anyone want to use their knowledge of the QLD lego market to try to predict which shopping center or retailer is the most likely to get the LEGO Movie Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! out first or where I should try and hit this weekend/next week if I want to maximize my chances of finding one?

Well I'm hitting Robina this Saturday and I've got everything crossed and hope one of them put all new ones out early. I need 2 SSS for both my boys and a cargo train set and new station for me. ;-)

The plan at this point is to hit Brisbane CBD followed possibly by somewhere else up that way on Saturday then on Tuesday I have to go to Southport for a meeting so I will hit Australia Fair and possibly Robina or other GC locations as well if I still need my Space fix.

I also need to consider if I want that giant walking construction machine or the flying police thing (both sets do come with extra codes for The LEGO Movie: The Video Game but I am sure if I cared enough about that, I could find reviews of both sets that reveal the codes)

Target Newton have only today by the looks of it put out on display the largest and smallest of the GOTG sets......4 days after their toy sale finished.....I smell a rat. :angry:

Target Newton have only today by the looks of it put out on display the largest and smallest of the GOTG sets......4 days after their toy sale finished.....I smell a rat. :angry:

I smell a straight forward retail strategy.

Benny's Spaceship 148 @ Big W. Also a variety of other new sets including, lego movie, city, chima, trains and Star Wars.

Edited by Brickus

Benny's Spaceship 148 @ Big W. Also a variety of other new sets including, lego movie, city, chima, trains and Star Wars.

Benny's Spaceship is $120 at Shopforme at the moment!

can't seem to buy any lego on amazon and get them sent to australia. seems they have put a block on lego to be shipped here. anyone else have the same issue?

Myer Adelaide has all the new kits. No Modulars tho (rumoured to be all available at Myer now…)

Edited by distortme

can't seem to buy any lego on amazon and get them sent to australia. seems they have put a block on lego to be shipped here. anyone else have the same issue?

Some sellers don't send internationally. The trick is to tick AmazonGlobal shipping eligible on the left hand side (or google it and it should automatically do it for you). Then it should display all items/sellers that send internationally. If that still doesn't work, you can try looking at individual sellers and check who sends internationally on sets you want.

Usually Amazon have sets on hand to sell overseas. I picked up all 3 GOTG sets for $170 incl. shipping all from Amazon.

If a country town like Noosa has the new stuff, finding it here in the big city should be easy :)

i've bought lots of lego from amazon before. i tried to buy all these different kinds and they all say they don't ship to australia. am i blocked?

I got Bennys spaceship at Big W Watergardens Vic today.. also saw the new starwars Rebels and the cantina, ninja turtle sets and 3 more Chima sets, as well as all the Arctic sets.

Some sellers don't send internationally. The trick is to tick AmazonGlobal shipping eligible on the left hand side (or google it and it should automatically do it for you). Then it should display all items/sellers that send internationally. If that still doesn't work, you can try looking at individual sellers and check who sends internationally on sets you want.

Usually Amazon have sets on hand to sell overseas. I picked up all 3 GOTG sets for $170 incl. shipping all from Amazon.

i've bought lots of lego from amazon before. i tried to buy all these different kinds and they all say they don't ship to australia. am i blocked?

Are you suggesting this 'block' is only quite recent? If so, I've noticed the same thing; back in mid-July, I ordered the GotG Knowhere Escape and X-Men Sentinel sets during their BOGO 40% off with no problems at all, but if I try to recreate that order (obviously without the discount this time), it brings up the 'Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address' error message when I click through the checkout process, even though the individual listings specify 'This item ships to Melbourne, Australia'. Out of curiosity, I tested the same order with my UK and US shipping addresses and unsurprisingly it works fine for my US address, but brings up the 'can't be shipped to your selected address' message for the UK one.

I then followed TheWolffe's suggestion to Google 'LEGO AmazonGlobal shipping', and it came up with far fewer results than previously (at least in the themes I'm interested in), and did not include either of the Marvel sets I had previously ordered from them, nor most of the other sets that I have sitting in my Saved for Later cart, that I had previously checked worked for Aus shipping.

Maybe Amazon has a bug, or maybe they've cracked down on sending LEGO internationally?

Maybe Amazon has a bug, or maybe they've cracked down on sending LEGO internationally?

Maybe it could be due to certain sales they have on sets or it could be the amount of sets they're able to sell/send overseas? At the moment I can order 'The Phantom' set but not 'The Ghost' set and they're both from Amazon.