Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I found the mailbox ones in newsagents, and the bakery at stores like woolworths, target etc. (not sure if that is the same everywhere).

If you can't find the Bakery Stand polybag locally, I can buy an extra one and send it to you if you'd like. I'd really like to get one of the Mailbox polybags myself, but I'm sure I've only seen the Bakery Stand ones around here so far.

Cheers! PM sent.

I found the mailbox ones in newsagents, and the bakery at stores like woolworths, target etc. (not sure if that is the same everywhere).

I wonder if there's more than the Mailbox and Bakery Stand out there... $5.95 for a polybag is quite decent, I think, so I hope to see more of this. There's a LEGO competition/raffle in the magazine as well (with Friends prizes), but it's only open for under 16s (gender unspecified). I'm not sure how they verify these things, but perhaps I'll enter my 16 month old daughter and the neighbour's 3 year old son :tongue:

Well, I've had a look around town now, and while my local newsagency and Big W only had the Friends Bakery Stand with the Total Girl magazines, Coles had the Letterbox set as well as the Bakery Stand set, so now I have both. I haven't seen any others, so I guess it's just these two, and if we have a good look around we may all be able to find both if we want them. :)

David Jones has 20% off LEGO, running until 6th July. No Modulars, Sea Cow or Simpsons House listed on their website though...not sure if the range is better in store.

Well, I've had a look around town now, and while my local newsagency and Big W only had the Friends Bakery Stand with the Total Girl magazines, Coles had the Letterbox set as well as the Bakery Stand set, so now I have both. I haven't seen any others, so I guess it's just these two, and if we have a good look around we may all be able to find both if we want them. :)

And I found the Bakery Stand at a Kmart, so I'm a happy camper.

David Jones has 20% off LEGO, running until 6th July. No Modulars, Sea Cow or Simpsons House listed on their website though...not sure if the range is better in store.

It wouldn't surprise me if David Jones have deliberately removed certain product from the shelf prior to the sale (wouldn't be the first time they have done it from what I can remember seeing)

Kmart sale started today.......only good special is the police station for 99 bucks and this 60049-1.jpg

For 49 bucks

Kmart sale started today.......only good special is the police station for 99 bucks

Do you mean 60047? If so, assuming you have access to a store that has stock, it's slightly cheaper at Big W ($95.00) or better yet, TRU claim they will not only price match, but beat by 10%, any toys from their current catalogue that are cheaper in anyone else's current catalogues, so you could get it for as low as $85.50 if you ask them price match Big W.

Kmart has the $40 Star Wars sets for $30, if TRU is price matching and taking off 10% I think you're in for a bargain!

Kmart has the $40 Star Wars sets for $30, if TRU is price matching and taking off 10% I think you're in for a bargain!

The 10% off price match is only valid for items featured in the TRU catalogue.

price_guarantee_008a1192_POP.jpg

Target Toy Sale will have the Ewok Village.

I think it will be cheaper from amazon dot com $300 delivered vs Target's usual 20% off $325 ish, but you can layby at target :)

Edited by jtr

Can we guess that Target will get the first bite of the city Arctic sets (minus the ship one.....that's at BigW)......but I wonder about the Marvel sets....Xmen and GOTG ?

The ewok village is a great playset. My kids love, curious to see how much it will be.

I would anticipate at least 20% off which would bring it down to around $310. So maybe $299 if we're lucky. Given I still have a gift card I can use at Target with about $40 left on it this will probably be the cheapest option for me over Amazon.

Edited by TeufelHund

I would anticipate at least 20% off which would bring it down to around $310. So maybe $299 if we're lucky. Given I still have a gift card I can use at Target with about $40 left on it this will probably be the cheapest option for me over Amazon.

My math was a little off, at $310 it's a definite lay-by for me - now I need to get hold of the other Endor sets

Edited by jtr

If anyone missed Jabbas' palace from 2012, David Jones at Robina has 3 of them for $160. Picked one up alongside Jabbas' Sail Barge

If anyone's still chasing the Cuusoo DeLorean, I saw quite a few at TRU in Chadstone VIC yesterday.

Better yet, TRU are also currently running a 'Family and Friends Take 20% OFF all full priced items' deal with the following coupon (ends Sunday 29th June).

friendsandfamily_coupononly.jpg

I had a surprisingly helpful experience at Myers when chasing the Sea Cow. It was out of stock at Myers Carousel, and every other Myers in WA. The lady offerred to check the stores in the eastern states. She located one and shipping was free for Myer One members. It arrived a couple of days ago perfectly packed, and in pristine condition. Wow :classic:

So anyone chasing the still after the Sea Cow, maybe try Myers and ask them to check some of the interstate shops.

Helpful Myer story - good work.

You could also try shopforme.com.au. They've dropped the SeaCow by 20%.

Spent a day looking around Chadestone, no GOTG or X-men or Ultra Agents to my dissapointment but I believe the Duplo DC sets are new? Anyway everyone seems to have those duplo kits :)

Now I have a couple of odd questions:

1. There is a Lego Expo in a week in Morrabin, anyone heading there?? I'll be exhibiting some Doctor Who mocs :D

2. Due to the expo, I need to move a couple of 48 x 48 sized base-plates and I need a plastic container to take them in, so has anyone been in a similar situation? What do you use -or recommend- for holding 48 x 48 baseplates?

Thanks heaps :)

Edited by SandMirror38

Best idea for your 48x48 baseplate dilemma is to do what I did when I needed something capable of moving a 48x48 baseplate sized creation, take an empty baseplate to your local Bunnings Warehouse and try the baseplate in the bottom of various sized tubs until you find one that it can fit in and that has the right height. Not sure what brand the one I have is but its definitely a Bunnings purchase and its strong enough that survived being moved on the back of a moving truck from Perth to Brisbane.

An easy solution to moving a 48x48 base MOC is to take a removal box, tape both ends and then cut it in half.

You will find that a big baseplate will fit inside and still give you room to have your hands to lift it in and out.

If you were cleaver, then you could make a lid for it.

Does anyone know if, and when the Mini Cooper will come to Aus retailers? My dad wants to buy it for my birthday (November), so I'm trying to work out if it's better to wait, and hope to pick it up in a 20% off sale by then, or just grab it from S@H as soon as it's released, and in the process, qualify for the mini Mini polybag.