Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Any sightings of the Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse at any Kmarts in Melbourne? I know Barkly square is out. Has anyone else spotted one?

Anyone seen GotG or X-men?

As much as I love to keep my wallet calm I really do wanna get these sets...

I think they'd be out just before the movie. July maybe

After the in-store Parisian Restaurant debacle at Myer, they have now decided to cancel my online order as they have no stock (mind you they've had my money for a week!). Not impressed!!!

Myer stores have run out of the PR I have been told today.

Kmart staff have hinted at a catalogue next week, but same deal as last year no Christmas layby....so I doubt any good deals

After the in-store Parisian Restaurant debacle at Myer, they have now decided to cancel my online order as they have no stock (mind you they've had my money for a week!). Not impressed!!!

Same here with the Seacow...I've had it on (online) order with them since pre opening time on the first day of the in store sale, and after being 'backordered' for just over a week, they up and cancelled it today. And yep, they've had my money all this time too. What a debacle! :-( Between this and their lack of extra discount on LEGO for Myer One members, I don't think they've made a lot of AFOL friends this year.

I completely understand it's not much consolation, but shopeforme have both Seacow and Parisian Restaurant for 10% off at the moment ($350.99 & $224.99, respectively).

btw anyone on the fence about buying the Bike Shop set at that Big W price, DO IT. I gaurantee you wont be able to get it cheaper.

I hopefully intend to pick one up tomorrow (where depends on if I can find a MYER that will do the price match or a Big W that will sell it to me with the everyday rewards card offer signing up right there)

If anyone has any tips on what to say to the MYER staff to get them to price match the Big W price on the Bike Shop, please feel free to share them :)

I ordered The Parisian Restaurant from Myer online on the 12th and have been told today they have no stock.

Myer probably had next to zero stock both online & instore, Myer just wanted our money, or get us to come into the store under false pretenses of an item actually being available at a sale price!

I want the set that was advertised as instock at the price that was offered & what i paid for.Not a refund.

Myer is a $%^&^ Disgrace those dirty Ba#$!@s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That creator bike shop/cafe set is appearing everywhere.....saw it at Target and Kmart TTP tonight apart from BigW and Myer.

btw anyone on the fence about buying the Bike Shop set at that Big W price, DO IT. I gaurantee you wont be able to get it cheaper.

I hopefully intend to pick one up tomorrow (where depends on if I can find a MYER that will do the price match or a Big W that will sell it to me with the everyday rewards card offer signing up right there)

If anyone has any tips on what to say to the MYER staff to get them to price match the Big W price on the Bike Shop, please feel free to share them :)

In case it's useful, here's Myer's Competitive Pricing Policy. Until the Big W sale officially starts on Thursday, you might have trouble meeting the following Myer criteria

"Myer will not match the competitor's price if:

The price is:

• an Online Only offer
  • a specially negotiated price or offer that is only available to a select group of people, such as a corporate rate, loyalty, subscriber or membership offer"

I guess it depends on how clued in they are, and how much ringing around they might be willing to do to verify the Big W price. It also says they won't price match if it is below their cost price, but I have no idea whether or not Big W's $68.00 is below Myer's cost.

Last year, Big W advertised the Creator Family House for $65.00 and Tree House for $34.00; I knew I'd struggle to get to a Big W store, so I just went to Target on the morning the Big W sale started, with the catalogue in hand, and successfully got them to price match both, so as lightningtiger has suggested above, Myer isn't your only option.

As for the Everyday Rewards membership, I've had my membership for years, so I have no idea whether it's active immediately, or needs to be validated online, but if Big W won't let you join on the spot to take advantage of the prices, there's often a Woolies on the same shopping centre as Big W, so maybe try joining there first, then using the new card at Big W.

That creator bike shop/cafe set is appearing everywhere.....saw it at Target and Kmart TTP tonight apart from BigW and Myer.

If you're after a creator bike shop/cafe at Big W, try the Cumberland Park one. I got 2 there today for $68 each... there were around 9 left. They also had 8 seacows there for $328.

Just got an email about the upcoming TRU Sale. Runs from Wednesday 25th June to Tuesday 15th July, with early in store access for their VIP Club members from 6pm til 9pm on Tuesday 24th June.

Most of the LEGO deals can be found on pages 2 & 3 of the #pageNo=0"]catalogue, but for anyone still chasing it, they also have the VW T1 Camper on the front cover for $129.99 ($4.01 cheaper than Myer had it).

They also have a price guarantee; 'Spot a lower price on anything in this catalogue and we will beat it by 10%. Excludes online purchases', so it might be beneficial to check carefully between theirs and Myer's/Big W's catalogues, as you could get a better deal by asking them honour this. e.g. Lego City Police Station 60047 is $95.00 at Big W, but $98.99 in the TRU catalogue, so less the price match and extra 10% means they should sell it to you for $85.50.

With all the deals on that police station since its release, I pitty anyone who has bought one and paid full RRP for it.

I got mine earlier in the year at 20% off at MYER.

I beleive Myer are doing a buy one toy get 50% off a second for two days.......I saw the sales ticket cards to go up on stands yesterday at TTP.

I beleive Myer are doing a buy one toy get 50% off a second for two days.......I saw the sales ticket cards to go up on stands yesterday at TTP.

Confirmed - I got a couple of the bike shop sets using this deal at Myer Highpoint:)

For those with cancelled Myer orders for Simpsons House and Sea Cow, I have discovered that Big W have automatically adjusted their catalogue sale prices of both sets to match Myer's catalogue prices ($298.00 down to $259.00 for Simpsons and $328.00 down to $309.00 for Sea Cow). Better yet, the cheaper prices work in store now if you scan your Everyday Rewards card (I tested it with Sea Cow today, so I'm assuming it works for Simpsons as well)! :classic:

Now you just need to find a local Big W store with stock of what you’re after (or use their online layby service, but be aware they’re not releasing them for pick up or delivery until just before Xmas).

D'oh, you scooped me on the news by *that* much, Kryne! :wink:

Just built my Ecto-1, it is AWESOME and a very fun build.

Picked up my Bike Shop from K-Mart Indooropilly. MYER wouldn't price match because there is no Big W at Indooropilly. Target said they only price match during their own sale. K-Mart price matched no problems without even needing to verify stock at Mt Ommaney (which did have stock, as did K-Mart Mt Ommaney)

One sea cow and a few opera houses left at MYER Indooropilly but not much else.

Just built my Ecto-1, it is AWESOME and a very fun build.

Picked up my Bike Shop from K-Mart Indooropilly. MYER wouldn't price match because there is no Big W at Indooropilly. Target said they only price match during their own sale. K-Mart price matched no problems without even needing to verify stock at Mt Ommaney (which did have stock, as did K-Mart Mt Ommaney)

One sea cow and a few opera houses left at MYER Indooropilly but not much else.

You can buy the Ecto locally?

FYI, for those looking to buy the bike shop and cant get it from Big W for some reason, K-Mart seems to be the best store to try and get a price match at.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but if you buy the latest issue of Total Girl Magazine (one of those small kids magazines that comes in a sealed packet) it comes with the exclusive LEGO Friends polybag Stephanie's Bakery Stand

Awesome, thanks for the heads up :thumbup: In Adelaide at least they seem to come with the Mailbox, not sure if it's the same everywhere. I'd prefer the Bakery Stand over the Mailbox, but any promotional polybag is better than none.

If you can't find the Bakery Stand polybag locally, I can buy an extra one and send it to you if you'd like. I'd really like to get one of the Mailbox polybags myself, but I'm sure I've only seen the Bakery Stand ones around here so far.