Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

This might be a bit of a stretch but has anyone recently seen on store shelves Lone Ranger sets or 76000 Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze?

I know they're from last year and as per this topic the lone ranger seems but have been clearanced recently but it's worth a shot.

I just saw a couple of LR mines in Myer Doncaster. And last time I checked there were LR Colby city in Big W Pakenham. Bit random though...

Has anyone here been to Bricks n Fun in Capalaba? Whats it like? How does it work for buying parts? (When buying on BrickLink etc I tend to like to look through for interesting parts rather than having a strict fixed list of "this is what I need") What about buying sets? How do their prices (on parts and sets) compare to what one would pay at various .au Bricklink stores?

Trying to figure out if its worth making the trek over there or not :)

Oh and yes I did read their website but I want actual honest info from AFOLs rather than their marketing blurb :)

Edited by jonwil

I just saw a couple of LR mines in Myer Doncaster. And last time I checked there were LR Colby city in Big W Pakenham. Bit random though...

Saw the LR train at Target Chadestone and picked up a Colby City @ Toys'r'us for $15.

Put it together.. Great set

Thanks for the responses guys. Colby City for $15 *oh2* the few TRU's that still have it in stock want $90 for it. I've called around asking hoping to pick up a bargain.

I can't justify paying full retail for Lone Ranger but after reading about some of the bargains people have picked up here it makes me want to score my own bargains. If any one sees anymore discounted LR sets post so here please.

I did pick up the LOTR Pirate Ambush at Myer for 20%. Who doesn't love a pirate ship? I'm sure I could have got it at a slightly better price during one of the various sales and BOGO's but the problem is I'm not very patient.

15% off selected Star Wars sets at S@H for May the 4th week started today.

Lasts until the 4th. Discount includes new sets. Add the VIP points and you get a reasonable deal, plus the polybag & poster if you spend over $100 on SW. Remember, all orders over $150 in total have free postage.

Oh, and when you buy something SW, you get entered into the draw for 7 huge SW sets... most of them UCS...

Picked up the Ewok village, not on sale but didn't have it. Plan on using my Vip points for the sandcrawler later in the week.

Tortured. Only have ~$50 in VIP credit and don't know whether to blow another $400 on the Sandcrawler and Revan minifig. I want it desperately but, no discount on that $450 hurts me.

Bought two full sets of Simpsons figs at the local Myer, I got them to match Mr Toys' $3.99 price.

EDIT

Has anyone seen the new TMNT sets.

Edited by Brickus

I got my sets of Simpsons figures today at Toyworld. The Simpsons house is due sometime this month.

Anyone seen Simpsons in QLD yet?

Yeah I got them at Myer Maroochydore. Mr Toys Kawana also has them.

Why is it Queensland stores again.....ah, the ghost of Sir Joh eh ? :laugh:

Well, at least the TRU sale goes to the middle of the month.....well close to it. :blush:

If any one is collecting the Myer Lego Movie cards that they give to you for purchases over $75 I don't want them and are willing to give them away for free.

Myer sent them to me separate to my online order with free shipping in package the size of a shoe box for what reason I do not know. I have:

Emmet 1/20

Wyldstyle 5/20

Vitruvuius 9/20

Bad Cop 13/20

Unikitty 16/20

Send me a PM if you want them and I'll reply asking for your address. Please don't just reply because they're for FREE I'd prefer to give them to someone who genuinely wants them and preferably they would be for a child.

Simpsons minifigs at Myers and Mr Toys at Chermside North Brisbane. Mr Toys has them for $3.99 ea.

Myer Melbourne CBD is clearing out the last few examples of SW 9678 Twinpod Cloud Car; originally $16.95, then $8, now $4.

About 8 left at lunchtime today, on the clearance table at the front of the toy area.

Has anyone here been to Bricks n Fun in Capalaba? Whats it like? How does it work for buying parts? (When buying on BrickLink etc I tend to like to look through for interesting parts rather than having a strict fixed list of "this is what I need") What about buying sets? How do their prices (on parts and sets) compare to what one would pay at various .au Bricklink stores?

Trying to figure out if its worth making the trek over there or not :)

Oh and yes I did read their website but I want actual honest info from AFOLs rather than their marketing blurb :)

For buying parts you need to tell him what you want - unfortunately his bricks are at the back behind the layout and you can't "browse" yourself.

For sets they are at full RRP or dearer depending on the set.

I've bought some train bases off them but that's about it.. Couldn't be bothered if I wasn't allowed to browse through the parts.

I have a much better time at Toy Corner in a Adelaide whenever we visit family down there..

On a side note I picked up 6 packets of Simpsons mini figures at Mr Toys Varsity Lakes. I have doubles of Itchy and Ralph if anyone wants to trade?

Edited by lostdriveway