Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Does anyone know I picked up the Lego Movie game yesterday and didn't have the money on me to get the hobbit game and now I find out that's how you get the DJ Robot, I still have the receipt so would that still work?

Anyone know how long the MYER One 10% offer lasts for? (I am sorely tempted to go back and add Metalbeard to my collection and the current sale+10% off is the cheapest you can get him anywhere, not sure when I will be going back to MYER though)

Ends this Sunday.

I think after the amount I have already spent on TLM sets and the fact that Metalbeard isn't that great as a set, I might have to say no to getting one :)

Not sure if it was mentioned, David Jones has 20% off toys until the 13th of April.

Now I thought I pop this in......until further notice 15% off at Toy Corner....it's to go with their little Lego show running over Saturday and Sunday.....featuring some of my creations. :grin:

Thanks for the welcome Brickmamba :-)

Sales related news: Big W currently has the best deals on The LEGO Movie sets if your looking to get your fix.

They also have the Emmet Clock $38, and Unikitty and Emmet LED lights for $10, I hope they get Lord Business and Bad Cop.

Woolies (at the least the one in Chadstone) have the 'LEDLites' for $10.00 as well. I grabbed the last Bad Cop the other day, but there were still a few President (not to be confused with Lord) Business, UniKitty and Emmet ones left. Presumably other Woolies stores stock them as well, so you might have luck tracking down the 2 you are chasing. They were in a strange spot at the Chadstone - first, on the bottom section of the last shelving bay in the baking aisle, then got moved to a higher spot on the last shelving bay of the last aisle (I think it had pool chemicals next to it?) - so don't just check the toy aisle and give up if you can't see them there.

Is it just me or does no one have Rescue Reinforcements?

As others have said, this is exclusive to TRU, and is currently selling for $89.99 (RRP is $99.99). Not sure if this is a permanent markdown, as the regular shelf price in one section shows $89.99, but in another section in the same store, it has a 'SALE' tag that says it ends on Sunday 6th April. I'm trying to be patient and wait for them to have a 20% (or better) sale on their LEGO before I pick that one up to complete my collection of TLM sets (minus the Sea Cow that I'm also waiting on, to see if it turns up at any retailers before resorting to LEGO S@H).

Edited by Nikaliptus

Myer southland had a heap of cuusso sets in: all 3. Minecraft sets $49.95, the mars buggy $49.95 and the Delorian from back to the future $59.95. Pretty impressed that these made retail here!

Is the Mars Rover any good? A little tempted but I suspect I could probably just build it from the parts I already have in my collection...

TRU has the following Star Wars and Super Heroes sets for $29.99 (save $10.00 / 25%), starting tomorrow, until 22nd April;

• General Grievous Wheels
  • V-Wing Star-Fighter
  • AT-RT
  • Doc Ock Truck
  • Captain America
  • Batman Bat Attack

http://catalogues.to.../4y7dkzuju.html

Edited by Nikaliptus

Why is it that the good sales only seem to happen AFTER I have bought things that are now cheaper? :(

Why is it that the good sales only seem to happen AFTER I have bought things that are now cheaper? :(

Good sales will always come, you just got to be patient :wink:

Can someone spell out to me what the best deal is?

Target has 20% off, but is often slightly lower on original cost?

Myer has (effectively) 33% off, but higher starting prices and need to buy 3 of something?

-Part of Myer, a lot of you talk about a special Myer One card - this gives you... $20 back for every $1000 you spend. UNLESS on double point days so you get $20 for every $500... this is a saving of 2% or at best 4%?

Is that all correct?

The 3-for-2 at MYER is the best way to go if there are 3 items at the same price point that you are interested in. If you just want one item, Target is best.

Best thing to do is what I do, go to a place that has both a Target and a MYER, look at whats in stock at both and figure out what you want.

The Monster Fighters theme is finally on clearance at Kmart, but no crazy discounts yet. From memory, the castle was $109, hearse $35 and crazy scientist $55.

Hi all,

This is not set related, but is Australia and buying for lego related - I wasn't sure were to post the question . . . so . .

Does anybody know a good Lego storage (parts) solution available in Australia similar to the Arko-Mils (from http://tomalphin.com/2014/03/from-buckets-to-bins-how-to-sort-a-lot-of-lego.html) ?

I need to sort my Lego parts

Thanks

Does anybody know a good Lego storage (parts) solution available in Australia similar to the Arko-Mils (from http://tomalphin.com...ot-of-lego.html) ?

Try this thread... these are what I use and they are back in stock... they are a promo item so they dont stay around for long http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26213&st=775#entry1524145

Thanks for the advice, I ended up finding a cheap digital download for The LEGO Movie game :)