Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

You do realise there are other parts of the forum where you find out this sort of news, this thread is more for what lego is currently selling in oz, prices, discounts, locations etc :wink:

Thanks... I don't really frequent other parts much due to time constraints (I spend most of my time here in this thread helping with others questions and typing in the deals I spot for you guys), but yes.

---

I also get Rick's point to have things neatly categorised and placed.

The main reason I mentioned it here is that they would be coming out in Australia at some point this year (perhaps not long after TLM comes out here) so we know what to expect and can keep an eye out for them. Even though it may have been known earlier by some people, it is becoming more timely in the sense that it is closer to their release in our shops, and I know there are people, like me, that only have time to read this thread.

...and this thread is a little more than "for what lego is currently selling in oz, prices, discounts, locations etc". I agree with that, and I would also add from observation of other posts from my time here (i.e. I'm not being prescriptive) +what lego is about to be selling in oz, and commentary and speculation surrounding that (read the last few posts, for example), which I also enjoy reading just as much and would encourage that.

Not a justification for my previous post because I can't be a*sed, lol, but I want others to continue to feel free to post in this thread facts, but more importantly their views and opinions about what is going to be released and ideas of what sales may be in Australia...and I appreciate the extra effort people have gone to in formulating and writing their post(s).

Thanks guys for your contributions making this a useful thread to be in. Let me know what you think!

Edited by dragonau

(I spend most of my time here in this thread helping with others questions and typing in the deals I spot for you guys)

I also get Rick's point to have things neatly categorised and placed.

I want others to continue to feel free to post in this thread facts, but more importantly their views and opinions about what is going to be released and ideas of what sales may be in Australia...and I appreciate the extra effort people have gone to in formulating and writing their post(s).

Thanks guys for your contributions making this a useful thread to be in. Let me know what you think!

Well to be honest mate, and believe me, there's no offence intended by this, but maybe get back to just cutting and pasting your daily shop4me deals and the like, and worry less about trying to thank every second poster for their contributions and acting like a thread 'community leader'. The above post seems a bit overly unnecessary given that the section Mod has recommended sticking to the topic at hand. Maybe you could talk to Rick or the admins about starting a more 'general' Aussie community thread if you feel this one is lacking something.

Personally I find it helpful when I can just skip to the important 'gems of information' spotted by posters at various stores and locations without having to trawl through discussion of upcoming sets that I've most likely read ad nauseam in other threads.

Again. No offence intended.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Well to be honest mate, and believe me, there's no offence intended by this, but maybe get back to just cutting and pasting your daily shop4me deals and the like, and worry less about trying to thank every second poster for their contributions and acting like a thread 'community leader'. The above post seems a bit overly unnecessary given that the section Mod has recommended sticking to the topic at hand. Maybe you could talk to Rick or the admins about starting a more 'general' Aussie community thread if you feel this one is lacking something.

Personally I find it helpful when I can just skip to the important 'gems of information' spotted by posters at various stores and locations without having to trawl through discussion of upcoming sets that I've most likely read ad nauseam in other threads.

Again. No offence intended.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Exactly this, we would merely be regurgitating the info from other forums, my main collect is SW, i don't really need to hear about every bit of news in other themes, but local sales and discounts is what I am interested to read about hence why this thread is so good

Gotcha thanks...more gems on topic, less clutter: Agree.

Think it is good to let posters know their posts are appreciated (as a fellow peer, no intent as a leader), otherwise too mechanical and no feedback/encouragement to post more gems.

Edited by dragonau

Spotted The LEGO Movie DK books in Big W today except the one that comes with the fig. The Essential Guide was $14, and the sticker book was $12, I didn't catch the prices of the Junior reader books. This can only mean that the sets are around the corner.

The Lego Movie sets must be close. I saw two on display in Toyworld Adelaide today. The ice cream truck and recycle truck. Both versions of each were in the display case. So I assume* they've hit our shores and are probably sitting in the back of storerooms waiting for the official release date. The catalogue says March, so maybe they'll appear this weekend for the last couple days of the Myer sale.

*based on the assumption that Lego Australia put these together rather than being shipped assembled from overseas.

Yeah I suspect even though LEGO technically owns the IP as such, because of how the deal with Warner works and because of the ties to film, Warner got to set the official "street date" for these products and they cant be sold until then.

New Lego catalogue from Toyworld. Pretty much shows the new stuff for this year that is already available everywhere. Not a lot in the way of mark-downs, but they do have free polybags with certain purchases:

Friends polybag when you buy $40 of Friends Lego, City polybag with $40 of City Lego.

Toyworld Adelaide have a TLM display with the green and ice cream truck, but no kits though.

I'm guessing next week being start of March we might see them.

Did you see the Plumbers Van and the Biplane Saloon.

Would say most likely, cant remember exactly there were a few, best bet is to give them a call to double check, what i can tell whats definately not there is evil lair, rescue reinforcements and the big ship

Majority of TLM sets available at Myer Sydney CBD

Dam, handy for those in Sydney while the 20% off lasts until the March 2nd ! :wink:

Checked BigW Golden Grove......NO Marvel or TLM sets...yet. :sadnew:

Picked up Super Cycle and Getaway Glider at Myer Doncaster. Believe they had every set and they had HEAPS of each :)

I believe they are about the same price as shop@home -but obviously cheaper with 20% off-

Go go go! Whilst they're 20%!