Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Is it free to get replacement pieces, if for example a plate is warped, instructions ripped or the Creator Seaside house medium blue colours of the bricks are all different (1x2, 1x4, 1x1)?

For "plate is warped, instructions ripped", of course. You would generally be entitled to a full refund, replacement set or 'make good' (ie replacement of piece/instruction) as it doesn't meet Australian consumer guarantees applying to goods. Some of these include

– Acceptable quality

– Fit for any specified purpose

– Match description

– Match sample or demonstration model

As for colour? Trickier....when does one colour fail to match the description?

Obviously, if it's blue on the box and you get red, no problem to get a remedy.

In this case, you've already described the (one/three) colour(s) as "medium blue" so they're recognisable as the colour on the box....so it's a harder case.

===========

NOW :classic: ............ having said all that, which is Aust Consumer info (not LEGO info).....I'm not sure if LEGO mention varying colours on the box as a disclaimer......in which case I doubt they can help.

On the other hand, LEGO customer service have been so excellent in my experience :thumbup: , they just might.

Good luck,

LLL

For "plate is warped, instructions ripped", of course. You would generally be entitled to a full refund, replacement set or 'make good' (ie replacement of piece/instruction) as it doesn't meet Australian consumer guarantees applying to goods. Some of these include

– Acceptable quality

– Fit for any specified purpose

– Match description

– Match sample or demonstration model

As for colour? Trickier....when does one colour fail to match the description?

Obviously, if it's blue on the box and you get red, no problem to get a remedy.

In this case, you've already described the (one/three) colour(s) as "medium blue" so they're recognisable as the colour on the box....so it's a harder case.

===========

NOW :classic: ............ having said all that, which is Aust Consumer info (not LEGO info).....I'm not sure if LEGO mention varying colours on the box as a disclaimer......in which case I doubt they can help.

On the other hand, LEGO customer service have been so excellent in my experience :thumbup: , they just might.

Good luck,

LLL

Thanks for putting up your insights and experiences. I guess I normally don't worry about it as it usually just wastes time, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much (easier just to buy more if I really need it in better shape).

Colour: There has been quite obvious variation between the different medium blue bricks (each brick part number is noticably different), especially in the Beachside house which is mostly medium blue (the other one is the medium blue in the Monster Fighters scientist set). I also noticed that the white 1x1s with the stud on the side in new Oil Tanker sets were more yellow than the other white bricks in the set. Just hope that doesn't mean they will yellow faster with age. Not sure how much heat exposure they got before they made it to the shop shelves which may have caused it (It is common that ABS plastic does yellow at different rates across batches). The medium blue colour variation I don't think is due to yellowing from heat/light, but rather because the manufacturing has not being consistent with the colouring of the ABS across the different moulds (evidence is that the same part number (e.g. the 1x2 brick) from different sets from different retail outlets are indistinguishable in colour). Anyone else seen significant colour variation in the same set recently for colours that should be the same?

Edited by dragonau

I noticed a fair bit of variation in the yellow pieces in creator aviation adventures, particularly the cheese slopes. I think Lego acknowledged this somewhere, chalking it up to a change in colouring technique/procedure. I don't mind toooo much, but I think its good to email them for feedback. Not in the vein of a complaint, but if everyone says "hey, colours aren't matching" they might make sure it gets fixed.

I noticed a fair bit of variation in the yellow pieces in creator aviation adventures, particularly the cheese slopes. I think Lego acknowledged this somewhere, chalking it up to a change in colouring technique/procedure. I don't mind toooo much, but I think its good to email them for feedback. Not in the vein of a complaint, but if everyone says "hey, colours aren't matching" they might make sure it gets fixed.

Now that you mentioned it I thought it a bit odd when I built that plane, but at that time I just thought they were meant to be two different yellows!

Yes good idea about ensuring they know there is an issue, and if it is widespread they will know it is not an isolated case...I would have thought though that their quality control procedures would have caught on to it before the pieces made it into any box (not sure if they use any colorimetry to test colour consistency).

Edited by dragonau

The pricing of Orthanc on shopforme clearly shows that its a grey-market import.

That's what I thought too... similar to their collectors area.

The Friends set is not quite out yet, but all the pieces (including all the parts of the minifig) are available from other sets (the gold cone at the base of the palm is in the Junior Princess box, and many of the others are in series 4 animal polybags).

30114-1.jpg

Yes, can build with previous sets... I had all the pieces in front of me, and I couldn't help but just connect them together :)

30114_AndreaWatchOutForCrocs_220x.jpg30114_AndreaOhNoACroc_220px.jpg30114_AndreaLoungingAround_220px.jpg30114_AndreaLoungePolybag_220px.jpg

You could substitute the corner piece with the curved one in the Friends turtle set. The palm tree I just ripped verbatim from the series 4 turtle set (in background with the alt build minus the palm)

Ok, a little bit off topic---I will try to restrict to Aussie Sales going forward. As Jonwil spotted and posted earlier, Toyworld will give the polybag out with these pieces when you spend $39.99 on Friends sets.

Some reports from another forum:

Rumors are that Orthanc wont be comming to Australia, that MYER is getting the Ewok Village and that the CUUSOO BTTF and Mars Rover sets are going to be general releases (i.e. not exclusive to a particular store). How reliable these are we dont know.

Toyworld is going to be doing a sale soon, spend $39.99 on City and get http://brickset.com/...28-1/Police-ATV or spend $39.99 on Friends and get http://brickset.com/...-s-Beach-Lounge

Do you know if Toyworld will have any of the sets on special (i.e. 20% or more) at that time?

Edited by dragonau

ShopForMe Calendar out

http://www.shopforme...ndarFeb2014.jpg

New Marvel sets will come out on the 28th.

LEGO Friends 41027 Mia's Lemonade Stand

$15.99 $11.19

Save: 30% off

LEGO Friends 41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post

$15.99 $11.19

LEGO Friends 41035 Heartlake Juice Bar

$39.99 $31.99

Save: 20% off

LEGO Friends 41037 Stephanies Beach House

$59.99 $44.99

Save: 25% off

LEGO Friends 41039 Sunshine Ranch

$99.99 $79.99

Save: 20% off

Daily Blitz:

The LEGO Movie

LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine 70804

$44.99

Has anyone seen THe LEGO Movie sets in Target/Kmart/BigW yet?

Edited by dragonau

I heard from the Lego Manager at Myer Sydney they are the only store getting the Simpson's house, around mid Feb was expected

No, the LEGO Movie sets haven't hit Australia yet (and probably wont for at least a month or so). That shopforme price of $44.99 is higher than the Shop @ Home price of $39.99 which is a sign that its been grey-market imported.

Blame Warner Bros Australia for releasing the movie 2 months after everywhere else in the world gets it for some stupid BS reason.

I heard from the Lego Manager at Myer Sydney they are the only store getting the Simpson's house, around mid Feb was expected

One of my many sources told me originally the house was going to be an exclusive for independents for two months and then general release after that, but now it has been reversed.....not many are being brought into the country......reason......they don't what to get stuck with them if they don't sell........yeah, you gotta love Lego Aust. logic ! :laugh:

Why should only Sydney Myers get them......a tad unfair to the rest of Australia don't you think ? :angry:

Some reports from another forum:

Rumors are that Orthanc wont be comming to Australia, that MYER is getting the Ewok Village and that the CUUSOO BTTF and Mars Rover sets are going to be general releases (i.e. not exclusive to a particular store). How reliable these are we dont know.

Toyworld is going to be doing a sale soon, spend $39.99 on City and get http://brickset.com/...28-1/Police-ATV or spend $39.99 on Friends and get http://brickset.com/...-s-Beach-Lounge

Just to add to the Toyworld sale... As I mentioned over on WP the sale starts 27th of Feb till the 9th of march. I have the catalogue in hand and will post up the specials soon.

Edited by TanTile

One of my many sources told me originally the house was going to be an exclusive for independents for two months and then general release after that, but now it has been reversed.....not many are being brought into the country......reason......they don't what to get stuck with them if they don't sell........yeah, you gotta love Lego Aust. logic ! :laugh:

Why should only Sydney Myers get them......a tad unfair to the rest of Australia don't you think ? :angry:

Ha, good news everyone the Simpson's house will be available outside of Myers, but still in limited numbers. :wink:

Ha, good news everyone the Simpson's house will be available outside of Myers, but still in limited numbers. :wink:

That's great news. Though I think I will be picking that up in the states for at most $199...hopefully less.

as of 11am today, helensvale has x2 haunted house.

I've been noticing the haunted houses have been disappearing recently... I wonder if Kmart is going to put the other MF sets to half price as the online Lego shop already has done.

I've started to use instagram to post photos of deals/stock levels, I'm using tag #legoaussiesales for images appropriate for this thread. This forum has attached file size limits which are too low for doing this.

Edited by dragonau

I've started to use instagram to post photos of deals/stock levels, I'm using tag #legoaussiesales for images appropriate for this thread. This forum has attached file size limits which are too low for doing this.

nice i'll follow

nice i'll follow

Great. Not much up at the moment though...will be busy when sales come back again or the odd one pops up.

If you guys use the tag #legoaussiesales (just add this to the comment for the photo) when you post on Instagram then it will be easier for us to follow.

Congrats on finding Mr Gold BTW.

If only we had them at 75% off like the US S@H..... $25 Vampyre Castles. Outrageous

While it is pretty quiet here on the sales front, the American AFOLs are busy at the moment clearing out walmart, target and the lego store:

Lone ranger mine for US$35, Constitution Train chase US$49. [like here, they are half price the retail], Battle of the Black Gate US$40 and many of the sets that retail $29 or $39 here are $11 (E.g. city dirt bike transporter, Lone Ranger camp, mirkwood spiders).

ShopForMe daily blitzes

LEGO Friends Heartlake High 41005

$79.99 $55.99

LEGO Ninjago 70725 Nindroid MechDragon

$119.99 $83.99

Any Lego sales coming up?

I haven't seen anything coming up to get excited about (BigW, Kmart, TRU) [Target catalogue not out yet for this week]

All baby stuff. Guess with the kids back to school, mums are looking at what to buy for their babies...

TRU p. 30 catalogue starting tomorrow has some duplo / juniors stuff, but most is not even 20% off (photo on Instagram #legoaussiesales)

Edited by dragonau

Target appear to be a bit slow this year getting their catalogues online usually by Monday night the next one is up but no.

Target appear to be a bit slow this year getting their catalogues online usually by Monday night the next one is up but no.

Thanks Tiger

ShopForMe Daily Blitz (Tue)

SUPER HEROES DC

LEGO Super Heroes 76010 Batman The Penguin Face off

$19.99 $13.99

Target have 20% off star wars and super heroes (13th feb - 19th).

Thank goodness I can that Joker road roller set.......but how do you know this ? (I checked Target.com.au and no new catalogue)