Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

2014 stuff spotted today at MYER Pacific Fair:

Police motorbike (with the criminal and little wall)

Camper and Canoe

SUV and Jetskis

Logging Truck

Car Transporter Truck

Airport Fire Truck

Plus some creator:

Little red helicopter

Little yellow excavator

Orange sports car

Line-green chopper motorbike

Monkey

The little steam train might have been there too, I didn't notice it though.

Nothing of note at MYER Robina.

Seriously, Queensland again......must be the ghost of Sir Joh again ! :laugh:

Now, good old TC is having their usual 15% off sale again. :wink:

If I wasn't running low on funds due to the QLD move, I would probably have bought something today :)

If I wasn't running low on funds due to the QLD move, I would probably have bought something today :)

Join the club......lucky we don't have these new sets yet......my cash flow is a little weak at the moment. :blush:

I wonder if the new city sets have started appearing in Sydney or Melbourne yet ? :look:

Join the club......lucky we don't have these new sets yet......my cash flow is a little weak at the moment. :blush:

I wonder if the new city sets have started appearing in Sydney or Melbourne yet ? :look:

Oh really? Bad news for you, but I saw the airport fire truck and logging truck at Big W in TTP on Friday (the shelves were pretty bare otherwise though)... but they are starting to hit here in Adelaide too now. :)

City 2014 sets are out in Melbourne, specifically Myer CBD. Also saw 31019 on the shelves. They also have a buy 2 get 3rd toy free deal but that ends today.

Currently staying with family but I intend to look on the Gold Coast somewhere, quite possibly the Southport area.

Hello jonwil and welcome to SE QLD.

You will be more than welcome to join up with the good folks of BrisBricks.

We meet at the library at the Carindale shopping centre; usually once a month on a Saturday night.

Back on topic, the cheapest LEGO around here is what you find on clearance in the big stores.

Many of BrisBricks members had a field day back in June when a Kmart manager decided to get rid of a lot of LEGO.

As with all Kmarts at the time, there were a number of sets on clearance at about 20% off. On the Saturday, this friendly manager then reduced these sets to half the discount price.

The word soon spread amongst BrisBricks members via phone and email.

I picked up some collectable minifigs for $1.50 each plus other great bargains. :laugh:

Hope to see you at our January meeting.

Edited by brickie

Oh really? Bad news for you, but I saw the airport fire truck and logging truck at Big W in TTP on Friday (the shelves were pretty bare otherwise though)... but they are starting to hit here in Adelaide too now. :)

Oh, great I was only at TTP at 4.30......and I thought no....no one else would have them yet and flaming BigW.....well I know where I'm going tomorrow eh ? :laugh:

I was at Kmart Ingle Farm and nearly everything is on clearance.....a staff member told me they are getting ready for just after new years for the new sets.

Does anyone know when we should start seeing the LEGO Movie sets (and matching Minifigures series) appearing in Oz?

Does anyone know when we should start seeing the LEGO Movie sets (and matching Minifigures series) appearing in Oz?

I've heard minifigs are coming out in January and sets will start rolling out in March. Bit silly releasing the sets so long after the movie hits theatres so I hope they tighten the schedule and get them in by February

As others have said they're set for a March retail release, however the Aus Online Lego Store is already selling the Movie line sets and Minifigs.

Go figure.

Edited by Mijit

I believe that "The LEGO Movie" will be released in Australia on April 4th; this will coincide with the start of the Easter school holidays in Qld and Vic.

IMDB says "3 April 2014" so you are right on with that.

Oh that's right, sorry I must've confused it the global release dates.

S@H has a whole bunch of this and last year's sets at 30% off. Mostly Chima, Ninjago, Lone Ranger & 2012 SW. They are probably on clearance, so once they're gone that's it. Unfortunately. I was hoping to grab the Hoth Echo Base at the huge mark-down but it is gone.

I don't know if this is national or not but my local Coles at Newton (SA) has series 3 of the friends animals for just $1.25 each. That's the series with the puppy, parrot and fawn. Nice little stocking fillers for young girls for next year or even a few nice parts for MOCers particularly in the fawn set.

The 'Friends' sets are certainly on clearance in SE Qld; for some strange reason, there are none left at my local Coles. :sweet:

Thank you thank you thank you... found some at the local coles this morning (SE Qld).

I don't know if this is national or not but my local Coles at Newton (SA) has series 3 of the friends animals for just $1.25 each. That's the series with the puppy, parrot and fawn. Nice little stocking fillers for young girls for next year or even a few nice parts for MOCers particularly in the fawn set.

Thank you thank you thank you... found some at the local coles this morning (Qld)

Just picked up 4 bags of the Friends sets from Coles Robina - still a couple left! I'm not into Friends but I got them for the bricks!

I saw the Haunted House on sale for $189 at a couple of K-marts in Queensland while on holiday.

I was tempted given mum had given me a $100 Coles-Myer voucher useable at Kmart for Xmas ("for a nice shirt" she said), but decided against it in the end due to the difficulty of fitting it in my luggage and getting it home safely (plus I still have Orthanc to build).

BigW stores in Adelaide have selected 2014 city sets........the Goodwood Rd branch seems to have the biggest range (made a phone call to them on Monday late arvo).

The smallest set goes for 9, the cheapest GV's 15, the 29.99 GV's are 24 bucks, and the car carrier or airport fire truck 35 dollars.....man, I need some extra cash. :laugh:

I saw the Haunted House on sale for $189 at a couple of K-marts in Queensland while on holiday.

I was tempted given mum had given me a $100 Coles-Myer voucher useable at Kmart for Xmas ("for a nice shirt" she said), but decided against it in the end due to the difficulty of fitting it in my luggage and getting it home safely (plus I still have Orthanc to build).

Also in Kmart:

Friends Olivia's Treehouse $20 (down from $29)

Friends Kate jetski set $6

Friends Steph's Soccer Prac $10

Friends Andrea's room $10

Friends Heartlake stables $59

Ninjago Temple of Light $59

Creator Small cottage $25

Edited by dragonau

Has anyone scored any goodies today at really good price---even if they are unique or not available for others now?

Wasn't sure where to post this. Have people received their Lego club magazine yet? I haven't got mine and they normally come in december.

Thanks