Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Seems a really late release for a lot of the major themes this time around, wonder why the SW is so late when they've been selling OS for the last couple of weeks.

That is Europe, Germany is often first to get everything. Sets start to sneak out Decemberish there. They aren't properly in stock until next year, and won't be seen in USA until then either. It was the same last summer.

Got the new LEGO catalogue, here are the release dates.

JANUARY

Minifigures

Creator

City

Friends

Juniors (Super Hero ones)

FEBRUARY

Star Wars

Hero Factory

DC Super Heroes

MARCH

The Lego Movie

Chima

Mixels

Marvel Super Heroes (2 non-Spiderman sets)

Disney Princesses

APRIL

Marvel Super Heroes (3 Spiderman)

Technic

MAY

Minifigures

Im pretty sure Disney Princesses release is Late January "set for release january but was told first two weeks of january Lego doesnt send out deliveries so ...unless the stores have them already in the back.." they already have started appearing in the states...

Im pretty sure Disney Princesses release is Late January "set for release january but was told first two weeks of january Lego doesnt send out deliveries so ...unless the stores have them already in the back.." they already have started appearing in the states...

Who told you that? our release dates are completely different from the States'. The catalog says 'ALL NEW March'

Edited by Brickus

Spewing the 1H technic sets are scheduled for March, from all accounts they will be out in January everywhere else in the world .

Looks like an O/S reseller gets my $$$ again...,

Spewing the 1H technic sets are scheduled for March, from all accounts they will be out in January everywhere else in the world .

Looks like an O/S reseller gets my $$$ again...,

I find it somewhat amusing that I could purchase Metal Beard online right now for half of what it will cost me at retail three months from now.

Oh, no one else had posted. Well, if you feel up to braving Myer on a Christmas Eve, their 20% off toys ends today, and has been going since Friday. I was trying to buy Hobbit sets the other day and got stuck behind women buying a million baby clothes.

Also, Target's Boxing Day catalogue has no Lego in it.

Boxing days sales:

David Jones - 20% off full priced toys - excludes lego creator and lego friends which is a shame as I was hoping to pick up palace theatre for cheap.

Today (Boxing Day) only, 60% off 2nd toy at Myer. (So, 30% off 2 same priced items)

Grabbed 2 Dol Guldur Attack sets, $56.

David jones boxing day sale - 30% off all toys, including all Lego! Just picked up Palace Theatre for $140.00! They must have changed at the last minute.

At Chermside Myer (northside Brisbane) they had many of the 2014 City sets out, I picked up the tow truck and forest truck for the buy 1 get 60% off the 2nd deal.

Really happy with my Lego purchases!

Today (Boxing Day) only, 60% off 2nd toy at Myer. (So, 30% off 2 same priced items)

Grabbed 2 Dol Guldur Attack sets, $56.

David jones boxing day sale - 30% off all toys, including all Lego! Just picked up Palace Theatre for $140.00! They must have changed at the last minute.

At Chermside Myer (northside Brisbane) they had many of the 2014 City sets out, I picked up the tow truck and forest truck for the buy 1 get 60% off the 2nd deal.

Really happy with my Lego purchases!

Are these both in store specials? Nothing on their website covering this special :(

Any news if the DJ's 30% off sale is still running today ?? That Palace Cinema deal was very good.

Any news if the DJ's 30% off sale is still running today ?? That Palace Cinema deal was very good.

Answering my own question here - 30% off LEGO at DJ's running December 26 & 27.

My local (Carindale had been decimated .... particularly the Modulars).

Thanks for the heads up yesterday on this. Managed to score the Cinema.

It appears that a lot the 2014 sets are for sale at S@H....

Just bought 3 of the new Star Wars sets being the droid tri-fighter, AV-7 Cannon and the Coruscant Police Gunship.

Answering my own question here - 30% off LEGO at DJ's running December 26 & 27.

My local (Carindale had been decimated .... particularly the Modulars).

Thanks for the heads up yesterday on this. Managed to score the Cinema.

Glad you managed to score one! Really good price.

Are there any smaller LEGO shops in South East Queensland I should be aware of or that are worth visiting?

I am now officially a Queenslander and need to scope out the local LEGO landscape.

Oh and yes I am well aware of BUGS and will be hooking up sometime in the new year (if the BUGS people will welcome someone from the other side of the country that is :)

Edited by jonwil

Are there any smaller LEGO shops in South East Queensland I should be aware of or that are worth visiting?

I am now officially a Queenslander and need to scope out the local LEGO landscape.

Oh and yes I am well aware of BUGS and will be hooking up sometime in the new year (if the BUGS people will welcome someone from the other side of the country that is :)

There's Bricks N Fun at Capalaba but that's the only independent one I am aware of. Nothing like Toy Corner in Adelaide. We are kind of lacking in that department.

What part of SEQ did you move too?

Currently staying with family but I intend to look on the Gold Coast somewhere, quite possibly the Southport area.

2014 stuff spotted today at MYER Pacific Fair:

Police motorbike (with the criminal and little wall)

Camper and Canoe

SUV and Jetskis

Logging Truck

Car Transporter Truck

Airport Fire Truck

Plus some creator:

Little red helicopter

Little yellow excavator

Orange sports car

Line-green chopper motorbike

Monkey

The little steam train might have been there too, I didn't notice it though.

Nothing of note at MYER Robina.