Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Gather round peeps.

Whilst browsing the Toys R Us catalogue, as one does, I saw a juicy deal worth noting. Toys R Us are offering 4 Lego Minifigures for 12 dollars. That equates to $3 a pop, which is basically US pricing! I for one am certainly heading in Toys R Us' general direction armed with some money.

Also, the deal begins on Wednesday the 4th of December and comes to a close on the 18 (also a Wednesday).

Thanks Carousel for pointing that out. Cheers!

Perhaps could get myer, kmart, big w or target to match if you find them having a freshly opened box of minifigs. It doesn't specify which series...so anything they have could be matched.

TRU catalogue also has Friends Emma's Sports Car for $19.99, heartlake high $59.99 and heartlake stables $75.99. (p. 14)

Of particular note is Lego City Fire truck at $19.99 (beating Big W's previous sale by 1c). (p. 15) and Lego City Fire Helicopter at $24.99 (50% off)---cheapest I've seen for this set in Aus.

Everything else on p. 15 could probably be picked up for less at kmart (e.g. TMNT sets for 33.99 at TRU are 29 at kmart; lair attack is $59 at kmart)

Note: TRU usually sells out very fast (usually during the first weekend of the sale)---especially for the good deals. Suggest asking another retailer (e.g. myer. kmart, big w, target) to match on the first day of the sale if possible.

-------

Also noticed today that Target is still selling the Chima Rascal's glider for the $8 previous catalogue price (50% off). The tag said to remove tomorrow (1st Dec). It seemed to be out of stock of the other Chima sets, so not sure if all the others are still at the catalogue price in other tgt stores till tmrw.

Edited by dragonau

On a side note, would anybody know where to get an Arkham Asylum Breakout, even better if on sale? I've heard Target is the go, but I'm not sure whether they have any stock. Anyhow, I'd like to know thanks.

On a side note, would anybody know where to get an Arkham Asylum Breakout, even better if on sale? I've heard Target is the go, but I'm not sure whether they have any stock. Anyhow, I'd like to know thanks.

It is a Target exclusive. If they do not have it on special (or S@H) then it is unlikely you will find it discounted here.

Not sure what state you are in, but Carindale (QLD) had 2 or 3 of these yesterday afternoon. I'm sure they are back up to $250 - so you might as well buy from LEGO shop@home and get the free Christmas truck kit.

Ah okay. There's no way in hell that I am paying $250, so I think I will just wait around until the Christmas sales and buy it at my local Target, at a reduced price. Anyhow thanks!

Ah okay. There's no way in hell that I am paying $250, so I think I will just wait around until the Christmas sales and buy it at my local Target, at a reduced price. Anyhow thanks!

Yes the $250 is steep - shame you didn't ask a week ago when they had their sale going. Though there's a good chance they'll do another 20% off LEGO before Christmas - then swoop. Mine's on ice till Xmas day - promised the boys we'd build it then. It's a good looking kit - though I think the minifigures is the big selling point

Yes the $250 is steep - shame you didn't ask a week ago when they had their sale going. Though there's a good chance they'll do another 20% off LEGO before Christmas - then swoop. Mine's on ice till Xmas day - promised the boys we'd build it then. It's a good looking kit - though I think the minifigures is the big selling point

Have a good time building it!

It does appear Target has another 20% off sale approaching (the exact date I am not sure) as I received a catalogue today, so I'll get the Asylum then.

It does appear Target has another 20% off sale approaching (the exact date I am not sure) as I received a catalogue today, so I'll get the Asylum then.

20% off Lego at Target from this Thursday (5th). Hello Hobbit sets.

Another target sale is good news, but with dol guldur ambush, the smallest of the wave @ 217 pieces being twice the US RRP of 20 dollars I might have to vote with my dollar.

The Aus prices are pretty awful as always - the two smallest being double the US RRP. :angry:

Intersting that Dol Guldur Battle is "only" $30 more expensive at AUS$100 though. With a 20% off sale at $80 it is probably less expensive than buying it from OS after postage and currency exchange rates are factored in.

Now it's Kmart's turn to have a Lego sale.......

Selected Technic sets down from 29 to 23 dollars.

Jek14 starfighter 75 bucks

Monster Fighters castle 99 dollars

Police Chase Set was 39 down to 29 dollars.

More here.....http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue-display?catalogueURL=http://www2.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx%3fCatalogueID=646

Target catalogue starting Thu 5:

Note also the Star Wars Brickmaster book is approx half price at $20 (p. 40)

``Brickmaster Star Wars: Battle for the Stolen Crystals'' 2013

Lego Friends Olivia's house 3315 $95 (p. 58)

Lego Friends rehearsal stage $23 (back page)

p. 60 (incl. 20% off lego):

Lego City Fire Helicopter 60010 $39 -- ask them to match TRU's sale starting wed for $25

Lego City Fire station 60004 $99

Lego City Cargo Terminal 60022 $99

Lego City Cargo Truck 60020 $30

Lego Super Heroes 6873 Spiderman Doc Ock $49

Lego Super Heroes 76005 Spiderman Daily Bugle $49

Lego Super Heroes 76001 The Bat v Bane $49

Lego Creator Family house 31012 $79

Lego Creator Treehouse 31010 $39

Star Wars 75015 $29

Star Wars 75017 $55

Edited by dragonau

Now it's Kmart's turn to have a Lego sale.......

Selected Technic sets down from 29 to 23 dollars.

Jek14 starfighter 75 bucks

Monster Fighters castle 99 dollars

Police Chase Set was 39 down to 29 dollars.

More here.....http://www.kmart.com...CatalogueID=646

as above plus:

p. 13:

Lego Friends Dolphin Cruiser $79

Lego Friends City park cafe $34

p.18 -19

Chima Worriz' combat lair $74

Chima Crawley's Claw ripper $19

Chima Laval's Royal Fighter $45

City Coast guard:

a) 4x4 and diving boat $15

b) helicopter $29

c) patrol $69

City

a) Museum break $64

b) high speed chase $29

c) police station $118

Hey fellow lego fans! You guys should really consider purchasing lego from the US. It's a lot cheaper and you can get almost every theme you want. Not sure if you can access the US lego store site from Australia, but give this link a go anyway to check out the prices: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/

Hey fellow lego fans! You guys should really consider purchasing lego from the US. It's a lot cheaper and you can get almost every theme you want. Not sure if you can access the US lego store site from Australia, but give this link a go anyway to check out the prices: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/

No you can't.

There is a 20% off sale at David Jones comming up but unlike their last sales, it specifically excludes "creator" (i.e. all the modulars, Opera House etc)\

gotta be a troll.

Hi Kha-khees - sorry, I'm new to this forum so apologies if the post came across in that manner. I'm actually an Australian who moved to the US recently and am therefore very familiar with Australia's notoriously high prices. I bought some Lego for my nephews just the other day and I couldn't believe how cheap it was (even after you slap on the shipping costs to Australia). When I was in Australia, I didn't really appreciate how cheap things were in the US, Lego included, so I thought I'd share this info with those who aren't already in the know and are looking to save some money this holiday season :)

Hi Kha-khees - sorry, I'm new to this forum so apologies if the post came across in that manner. I'm actually an Australian who moved to the US recently and am therefore very familiar with Australia's notoriously high prices. I bought some Lego for my nephews just the other day and I couldn't believe how cheap it was (even after you slap on the shipping costs to Australia). When I was in Australia, I didn't really appreciate how cheap things were in the US, Lego included, so I thought I'd share this info with those who aren't already in the know and are looking to save some money this holiday season :)

Rub it in some more, eh?

Haha im only joking with you. But since your first post was telling us all about the price of Lego in the us being so low (after black Friday where we get to see the sales but barely take part), combined with your screen name it just seemed you wanted to stir us up a little. :p

On topic, does anyone have details on DJs upcoming sale? (As in, in store, start date? I haven't seen these) One store I know has a small heroics set in stock, which I'd get in a heartbeat with discount.

Reckon I'll get one of the new ninjago sets from target for parts (probably the mech\tracked car one) to tide me over til we get the legend beasts with new joint pieces....

Edited by Kha-khees

From what I've seen, with the 20% off sales it is actually cheaper to buy many sets (excluding licensed sets and minifigures) in Australia than in the US, particularly when you take the shipping costs and currency conversion feeds into account. It is only when you hit the US specials that things become a lot cheaper.

But that is irrelevant to the topic.

Edited by Ratsmitglied