Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

In case you missed it in the fine print of a receny email, here's a heads up: next month (October) will have double points for S@H VIPs.

Myer Adelaide had one Opera House left as of 1:15 pm today. Plenty of most other advertised sale sets, no Tower Bridges though and only one of that huge Technic set.

Damn you Myer - I had no intention of buying PT sets but in the end I got a Gunship and the small set with Jango as well as the LOTR game.

Also stitched up some Xmas presents for kids and their cousins, but in the rush of new purchase fever forgot to use the $20 gift voucher I have :-(

Saw lots of gunships and castles but no Tower Bridges or Opera Houses in either of the shops I went to. Did see the Galactic Titan in one shop but in the end decided I only really liked it for the unique cocoon bricks so decided to stick to SW.

Edited by TeufelHund

MYER Perth CBD has about 1/2 dozen Opera Houses. No Tower Bridges left. Didn't notice if they had any Horizon Expresses or Mini Modulars.

2 of the new Mindstorms sets spotted. Plenty of general stock (City, Creator, Chima, Star Wars, Galaxy Squad, Architecture etc)

I walked into Sydney Myer this morning just before 10am, saw no Opera Houses on the floor and thought oh well, but saw the local Lego expert talking to some guys and thought I'd ask, they had just pulled the last two out of the stock room, so I got one!!!

They had a stack behind the counter all bagged up, apparently the phones had started before 9am, no tower bridges left, but more coming in soon, plenty of everything else

Toys'R'Us are giving the 40077 Geoffrey polybag away free with Lego purchases over $50

Damn! I was at Highpoint yesterday for the Myer sale and completely forgot to look for the giraffe.... next fortnight :wacko:

Now Kmart.......

Technic moto cross bike.............$ 25

Technic monster truck................$ 45

Very good prices for the technic sets, especially the motor cross bike with the new tyres, orange panels and lots of chain.

I'm off to Kmart tomorrow for a couple of those!!!

Edited by OzBen

Birchalls have a bunch of older licenced sets going for between 20 & 30% off: LOTR, Hobbit, TMNT & Superheroes. Stack of Uruk Hai Army sets for $42 each.

Sorry for being a little vague - the Target catalogue says 20% off toys (which would include Lego) and it runs from the 26th of this month until the 2nd of October.

Sorry for being a little vague - the Target catalogue says 20% off toys (which would include Lego) and it runs from the 26th of this month until the 2nd of October.

Apparently some sets will be cheaper then 20% off as well!

Not sure if its been mentioned but, Myer has buy 1 get 1 50% off at the moment ends on the 29th I think it was.

Ok, I know this isn't an Aussie Sales post, but this is a question for fellow Aussies and didn't want to start a new thread.

I ordered the Delorean and Town Square on September 9 and it sat 'In Progress' until the 20th. I contacted Lego Support (via email) on the 18th and finally received a reply shortly after my notification of shipping on the 20th. Their excuse was that DHL was having problems sending to Australia (ok, whatever) and that my parcel had now been sent Express. No tracking number was provided, and although I contacted Lego again they have yet to provide me with a tracking number. It is now the 27th (6 business days later) and my order has not yet arrived and I have no way of finding out where it is.

Has anyone else purchased from S@H in the last few weeks and their order has been delayed substantially? Two of my last three orders have sat at DHL warehouses for a week before I have finally contacted them to find they had problems with my delivery address. Although I have now changed that to a number instead of 'Cnr of' I'm still convinced of it getting to me. And what is the point of Express delivery in 6 days when I've had normal delivery in the same time frame? especially when they don't deliver in 6 days anyway.

Now I don't know whether to order the Winter Village market or not in October, what's the point if it never arrives. Although since these exclusive sets aren't available locally, I don't really have much choice.

Ok, I know this isn't an Aussie Sales post, but this is a question for fellow Aussies and didn't want to start a new thread.

I ordered the Delorean and Town Square on September 9 and it sat 'In Progress' until the 20th. I contacted Lego Support (via email) on the 18th and finally received a reply shortly after my notification of shipping on the 20th. Their excuse was that DHL was having problems sending to Australia (ok, whatever) and that my parcel had now been sent Express. No tracking number was provided, and although I contacted Lego again they have yet to provide me with a tracking number. It is now the 27th (6 business days later) and my order has not yet arrived and I have no way of finding out where it is.

Has anyone else purchased from S@H in the last few weeks and their order has been delayed substantially? Two of my last three orders have sat at DHL warehouses for a week before I have finally contacted them to find they had problems with my delivery address. Although I have now changed that to a number instead of 'Cnr of' I'm still convinced of it getting to me. And what is the point of Express delivery in 6 days when I've had normal delivery in the same time frame? especially when they don't deliver in 6 days anyway.

Now I don't know whether to order the Winter Village market or not in October, what's the point if it never arrives. Although since these exclusive sets aren't available locally, I don't really have much choice.

Sorry not much help, but I placed an ordered on the 4th of Sept it was dispatched the next day and I received it on the 13th of Sept. I also ordered from PAB which was dispatched a day later and received a day after my main order. I'd wait for your current order before ordering any more.

On topic, I was extremely disappointed when I tried to order a Tower Bridge set from Myer only to find there wasn't any stock online. But yesterday whilst on holidays on the Gold Coast my wife asked an assistant at Pacific Fair if they had any sets out the back. The sales assistant popped out the back and brought back a set which was open. She asked if I minded and I was in shock and of course I said 'NO I DON'T MIND!' Checked contents tonight and all is good. It's my Xmas pressie so it's going under the bed for a few months before it gets put together.

Sorry if its been mentioned earlier but for those who like to collect polybags the "KZone" magazine for kids has a Chima one with it #30253 Leonidas' Jungle Dragster and for the girls "Total Girl" has the friends #30102 Olivia's Desk. Both retail for $5.95.

Edited by MinifigHQ