Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

If it is so that the Toys R Us sale is not exclusive to just Friend, City and Star Wars, I'll be very happy. Has anyone spotted any of the new Castle sets anywhere?

Yes - my local Toys R US had all of the new sets on the weekend - I'll be swooping in at lunch time today to pick one or two up at 25% off, methinks.

It was 25% off every Lego construction set. They had all the castle sets but mine did t have mindstorms so I ordered it online but that added $13 delivery.

I did grab the large coastguard set in-store.

Fabulous. The Forest Ambush Castle set's price is an unheard-of $14, that plus the 25% off and I shall definitely be picking one up this afternoon. Maybe a minifigure or two for $3.75 each also.

FYI, if anyone wants the Opera House, the 25% off at TRU DOES apply to the set making the price $300 (which is below US RRP and probably the best price you will be able to get it for period)

Just make sure you get in quick as stock appears to be limited and will probably disappear fast.

I popped in today and picked up the Gatehouse Raid, Duel on Geonesis and a couple of series 11 for <$90 - not too shabby. Amazingly the first two packets of S11 I picked up were the two I wanted (Tika Warrior and Barbarian) - makes a nice change from half an hour groping sessions. The Warrior's mask is rubber though which I wasn't expecting but the figure overall looks incredible.

They seem to be charging $10 above RRP for the new King's Castle but 25% off at $150 is almost the same as 20% off at $140 I guess. The Republic Gunship is $20 less than RRP though so with 25% off is actually equivalent to US retail in Aussie dollars. I also saw the new Jedi-Defender Cruiser KOTOR exclusive set on shelf if anyone is interested (didn't check the price). Now we just have to see who gets the Ewok Village/Orthanc!

Edited by TeufelHund

For those in WA wanting a TRU Opera House, get in NOW or you will miss out.

The TRU in Cannington had 2 left (until I bought one) and the store person said they had sold quite a few already. The person on the phone told me Morley didn't have any in stock. Also I didn't see any in stock yesterday at Innaloo either.

So if you want it, ring up before you go to make sure they have stock. But hurry or you will miss out :)

Can anyone tell me the best retail store to find the Monster Fighters mummy set at?

Kmart seems to have had a restock with almost every set, so there's a good chance there.

just went to TRU Melb and picked up two 42009's for $209.00 pretty happy. still 3 left on the shelves

Apparently only Moore park have it.

ah bummer too far for me . . . . I tried the price match at Myer but said if there's no stock they can't do it.

Target have the new King's Castle for $124, RRP is $140 - all the other sets are RRP -$1.

Toyworld has the Pet Shop & Grand Emporium in stock. ($270 & $250)

Just about everyone has the Opera House ($400)

Target have the new King's Castle for $124, RRP is $140 - all the other sets are RRP -$1.

Toyworld has the Pet Shop & Grand Emporium in stock. ($270 & $250)

Just about everyone has the Opera House ($400)

You say just about everyone has the Opera House, does that mean Target & K-Mart & BigW? Is it not exclusive to just one or two retailers?

You say just about everyone has the Opera House, does that mean Target & K-Mart & BigW? Is it not exclusive to just one or two retailers?

:look: Maybe I will eat my words or lose credibility or something for exaggerating - just about everywhere I went yesterday had it. But you know what? Maybe it's just TRU and independent sellers, I definitely saw it at Toyworld & a novelty/bookstore, but I didn't get to a Kmart or Big W. It wasn't in Target, I don't remember if it was in Myer.

Has anyone seen the new red & blue Galaxy Squad sets yet? I've seen the other two in a few places, but not these.

According to this press release from the Sydney Opera House, it'll only be available at the Opera House shop, David Jones, Myer and Toys’R’Us and online via LEGO.com.

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/lego_creator.aspx

My local independent toy store has it. It will be everywhere.

I think that list included the majors only. Currently I haven't seen it at the others ie big w, target, kmart.