Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

On a more serious note, has anyone seen new Castle or Galaxy Squad in the wild yet?

Castle should be out next week (possibly early in some places). Galaxy Squad isn't on S@H yet, so I don't know what's going on there. I thought it was September release alongside Castle.

75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser at TRU Gepps Cross for $139.99. I'm assuming its an exclusive.

Correct, which is why I had to go S@H... and received a mashed castle set with it last week.

9553589584_4690298255_m.jpg9550797763_7b640f78a6_m.jpg9550797105_3a037aff13_m.jpg

Was talking to a staff member in MYER earlier today asking about Series 11. He said "I haven't heard anything about those" then I said "1st September is the official release date" then he said "there is a sale/catalog coming up on the 9th, maybe we will have them by then". No details beyond that. The store (Perth CBD) did have stock of the Horizon Express and Mini Modulars though if anyone is still looking for either of those.

So anyone who has MYER vouchers/points/whatever to spend, it would probably be worth holding off until the details of this sale appear in case what you want to buy comes down in price.

Only other thing I spotted of any note was a 25% off sale on Chima sets at Toys R Us.

Also, someone on another forum (who aparently works at Toys R Us) said "Got told we can sell series 11, as target broke the embargo". So firstly that shows that LEGO Australia does have official street dates on product (something I didn't know) and secondly it shows that Series 11 will hopefully start showing up soon :)

Edited by jonwil

Okay, I was told once this won't happen again but........

Toy Corner 25% OFF

Is that on now or just the weekend? Perfect Fathers Day timing of course :)

Is that on now or just the weekend? Perfect Fathers Day timing of course :)

Until further notice, I had a chat with Darren yesterday.......I'm off there in a moment to buy parts for my new 1940's gas station.

I saw the haunted house at k-mart Firle in Adelaide tonight. Maybe they are re-stocking?

I saw the haunted house at k-mart Firle in Adelaide tonight. Maybe they are re-stocking?

Perhaps some lay-by's got canned because they didn't have their old Christmas Layby sale this year.....that was a big ooops ! :laugh:

It was tonight at Firle.

Do you guys think $250 is a good price? Or is it worth holding out for a sale?

Kmart doesn't do sales anymore, it's everyday low prices. i got it for $250 and was very impressed with the size and the build.

I bought one when they first showed up and was VERY impressed with it as a set (and as a parts pack)

Well worth the $250 I spent on it. (unlike, say, Arkham Asylum which isn't worth what they are asking for :)

Looks like lightningtiger already answered but yes it was $249 for the Haunted House.

Edited by Hewman

Others have reported seeing them at different Toyworld stores so if you want one and want to buy locally, Toyworld is your best bet (although I have heard reports that select TRU stores are getting stock, good if you happen to have TRU vouchers for some reason)

Unless MYER gets stock in at the same time as a sale, I wouldn't count on seeing a discount on this so if you want one, $400 is likely to be the price you will need to pay (I really really want one but I just dont have a spare $400 lying around, plus I need money for Series 11 and for the BTTF set when it comes back in stock at Shop @ Home)

I can confirm that I saw the Opera House at Myers today, along with Technic, Galaxy Squad, Hero Factory, Castle. Mindstorms and Minifigs are under embargo until the 1st.

Edited by Brickus

I can confirm that I saw the Opera House at Myers today, along with Technic, Galaxy Squad, Hero Factory, Castle. Mindstorms and Minifigs are under embargo until the 1st.

I can confirm the confirm with Myer Brisbane City having new galaxy, castle and technic on display with series 11 minifigs, opera house and mind storm on a trolly labelled sep 1.

They also just in 3 tower bridges as well

Kmart doesn't do sales anymore, it's everyday low prices. i got it for $250 and was very impressed with the size and the build.

I'm tempted, I have most of the Monster Fighter set, just misssing a couple of the small ones; I think I'll finish the set:)

Saw the Sydney Opera House at Toyworld Warragul. They had about 6 boxes and they're $400 each.

Same story for Adelaide Toyworld. It's going to be hard to resist if someone has a 20% off sale.

Now all we need is a 20% off (with 10% more for MYER ONE members) and MYER will have everything flying off the shelves and making massive sales numbers :)

My local Big W had series 11 out for sale, 4.74. Also Myer had the Star Wars exclusive HH-87 Starhopper.

MYER Perth CBD has restocked. Series 11, opera house and new friends animals. Also some tower bridges, horizon espresses, and mini modulars. Oh and one lone VW van.

Couldnt buy my S11 because they were closing before i had the chance to feel the bags. Now on my way to Carousel where Toys R Us says they also have S11 in stock.

It was tonight at Firle.

Looks like lightningtiger already answered but yes it was $249 for the Haunted House.

Thanks!

LEGO is already too expensive as it is, so I don't think $250 is a good price. With a bit of luck you can eventually get it on clearance, but that's a bit of a gamble.

Thanks!

LEGO is already too expensive as it is, so I don't think $250 is a good price. With a bit of luck you can eventually get it on clearance, but that's a bit of a gamble.

I'd suggest it's a major gamble. It's a popular set for good reason and it doesn't look like each K-mart got too many (not in SA at least), so I doubt many stores will have excess stock they'll need to clearance. However, I can't see Lego stopping production of it any time soon*, so if you wait a little while the worst I can imagine is having to pay $270 from shop at home and then you get VIP points and possibly a freebie polybag.

*I have no inside information and could be totally wrong, after all the Zombies set disappeared in a big hurry.