Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I don't know if this is a regular thing, but I was in KMart Northcote (Vic) this afternoon on non-LEGO business when they announced a snap 50%-off on "clearance toys" at the front of the store. Got there just in time to get two 4202 Mining Trucks for $35. They were already marked at $35 each (from $49.95) so that's 65% off RRP.

Sadly they didn't have any other LEGO in the clearance aisles :-(

Just got some hobbit sets from target 50% off got bag end for an investment ;)

I think it is the best value of the sets for sure!

I wonder if they will reduce them further ;0)

My Target decided to have heaps of Hobbit sets out

None of them were 50% off today. So not surprised :damn:

That sucks. Mine didn't even have any Hobbit sets left from the start of the sale to mark down anyway.

Tiger said it was thursday to sunday only.

Yeah, but others were still picking them up on Monday.

Awfully convenient that the shelf is suddenly filled with them the day after the sale ends :(

Yeah, but others were still picking them up on Monday.

Awfully convenient that the shelf is suddenly filled with them the day after the sale ends :(

yeah I get that... you think if all stores were directed to put these on clearance the managers would make sure they were out... to clear?

I visited another on saturday and they had plenty left. I sort of expected ebay sellers to empty them out.

Well, I saw the new Tank Droid and a bunch of new Chima sets, including the Ultrabuilds in the bags at duty free in Sydney Airport.

Via a Facebook Group called Buy Sell Swap Lego Australia there's someone looking to sell 350kg of Lego. 55 22L tub full of bricks including around 200 instructions. Wants offers, has hinted she's invested around $15k.

350kg!! Now that's an Aussie Sale :)

Are they in South Australia? There was someone on a SW forum that used to get sets in for people and then started to rip people off, had about $1k of peoples money without giving them sets, also tried to sell whole collection on gumtree a few months ago, for $15k I'd be pretty cautious.

Yep I got ripped off from gumtree a few months back! Seller claimed they had the town plan, town hall and London bridge! I paid $670 and they never arrived so I started looking into it and the pictures she used was from a seller in America! I've filed a police report for fruad but that's all I can do and if I want to try and get my money back I have to use a solicitor! It's so frustrating to loose the money and I still can not believe I was sucked into buy it! Although speaking to gumtree I was not the only one! Now I only buy from pick up only!

Hello West Islanders :P I'm coming over to Brisbane/Gold Coast for two weeks in September. Are there any shops in particular I should look for Lego? Thanks.

Yep I got ripped off from gumtree a few months back! Seller claimed they had the town plan, town hall and London bridge! I paid $670 and they never arrived so I started looking into it and the pictures she used was from a seller in America! I've filed a police report for fruad but that's all I can do and if I want to try and get my money back I have to use a solicitor! It's so frustrating to loose the money and I still can not believe I was sucked into buy it! Although speaking to gumtree I was not the only one! Now I only buy from pick up only!

I lost $100 on another forum after some good reviews for the person, I was pissed about it but let it go, another person I know got similar sets to what you just said but was swindled out of $500 or so, it sucks when people do that.

Sorry to hear that.

I look on Gumtree for Lego every day, and when I find an ad that sounds too good to be true, I do a google image search of the pics and see if they are from another site, even though they say the pics are taken of their exact item for sale. I then report them to Gumtree and the ads get taken down.

Beware of people selling rare sets from remote areas that nobody would be able to pick up from where the price is too good to be true.

There was a UCS Millennium Falcon a month or so back that had the dodgiest pics for sale on Gumtree. Seller was based in Darwin, and had a few other dodgy ads, and Gumtree shut the account down.

Nowhere, its exclusive to Shop @ Home.

That's what they said with Minecraft...

Now you can get it at Big W, EB Games, Online in multiple shops..

Guess we'll wait and see

That's what they said with Minecraft...

Now you can get it at Big W, EB Games, Online in multiple shops..

Guess we'll wait and see

LEGO Minecraft at Big W? Since when? & EB Games list it as an "EB Exclusive" & have it listed at $78, nearly $30 more than RRP.

LEGO Minecraft at Big W? Since when? & EB Games list it as an "EB Exclusive" & have it listed at $78, nearly $30 more than RRP.

They've had it for a while though it's $70 haven't gotten it yet. Don't really want it

I haven't seen minecraft at Big W, only EB and at the price pretty sure they bought online and sold it at 40% mark up.

Anyone got a Series 9 set for sale? Or close to a set even.

I stopped at Series 8 but got a Series 10 on ebay for $36 so now I have a hole in my run :)