Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Does anyone know if Myer will have a mini sale this weekend. e.g. Buy 2 get 1 free, 20% off deal.

All LOTR and LR at my Target, and Arkham Asylum.

Edited by howie28

Arkham Asylum has popped up at both Newton (lay-by'ed already) and TTP Targets......plus at TTP Target I think it's the first appearance of the Clone Wars Umbaran MHC 75013.

Arkham Asylum has popped up at both Newton (lay-by'ed already)

what price did the have it for ?

what price did the have it for ?

$ 249.......now I was sort of told by staff at Target that the toy sale with have Lego at 20% off.

Went to 3 K-Marts, 2 Targets, 2 Big Ws, a MYER and a Toys R Us and I didn't find anything new. No sign of any Asylums or Haunted Houses anywhere in WA yet.

Or any new City.

Plenty of stock of the new Creator and LOTR though.

Some stores had empty shelves waiting for stock or were in the process of putting out stock.

I got to see the Toy sale catalog for BIG W, my manager showed it to me. I don't exactly remember all the pricing, but there is good stuff. Alot better than Kmart anyway lol.

small discounts on most LOTR, TMNT, superhero and Star Wars sets. ($5 to $15 dollars off)

lots of friends sets are discounted as well.

Big W is also getting the Death Star, but it is $600

Legends of chima, the big crocodile ship is $88. Discounts on some smaller stuff as well

the Technic excavator is $20 off

Museum Break-in is $20 off

City vehicles are $20 each again.

the Family House is a really good price, i think 68 or something

Aviation Adventures is $49, the treehouse is discounted too.

Big W is also getting the town square, i think it was $129

Big W is also getting the town square, i think it was $129

Well, that answers the that question.....same price as S@H.....of course minus freight ! :wink:

At least I know now where 130 bucks of my cash will be going to.....though I'm not a fan of BigW ! :laugh:

Damn, so much stuff to consider spending my money on. Yet the things I REALLY want (like the Cargo product and that Octan race car) wont be out for months yet :(

Plus all the really good stuff (Town Square, Haunted House, some others) are only being sold at or very close to RRP and not at any kind of nice discount (unlike say last year where I got major discounts on things like Helms Deep)

Now, just wait and see over the next two weeks 'jonwil'.....those city sets will pop up.....I too want the semi's and cargo sets......my bet is 50/50 - Target/Kmart. :wink:

So my information was correct....the Friend's bakery is an exclusive....a BigW one ! :wink:

And town square is 124 bucks......oh, well 5 dollars off is better than nothing I guess. :blush:

A few Lego items are scattered elsewhere in that Big W catalogue. LOTR board game is $35. (30% off RRP) Most Lego computer games are $24, Star Wars III is $16.

The $16 Friends sets are $10, that's pretty darn good, even if it's only a select few.

The Lego Batman movie is $15.96 with an exclusive Clark Kent/Superman minifig. If that made no sense to you either, the movie subtitle is "DC Super Heroes Unite". Superman Smallville set is $68.

Off topic, but I couldn't help but *huh* on seeing "Despicable Me Monopoly"... what next?!?

That Big-W catalog is pretty underwhelming - no decent discounts on any exclusives to be found.

I might get the LOTOR game and the Batman DVD but other than that it looks like I'll probably be spending more at Myer this year.

That price on the new Creator sets is probably the best you are gonna get (unless TRU repeats their price beat from last year and I can find a TRU with stock that will price match)

ok, so which store is my best option for getting the LOTR Elf Council set on the cheap? Or should I forget about it locally due to the ridiculous markup vs the US price?

Marion and Edwardstown Targets have the new coast guard plane with fishing boat.........but at the latter there was three R2-D2's. :wink:

ok, so which store is my best option for getting the LOTR Elf Council set on the cheap? Or should I forget about it locally due to the ridiculous markup vs the US price?

Same as just about any regular set. Get it at a Myer or Target 20% off or wait for a Myer 3 for 2 or BOGO60.

Best price I see you getting it at (besides finding it on clearance, good luck with that) is $40 if you buy 2 other $60 sets at a 3 for 2 sale.

Presuming Myer has 20% off Lego in their sale + an additional 10% off for Myer One holders then that would bring the price down to c.$43.

And now it's usually Myer, but no David Jones for the next two days is doing 20% off full priced Lego.......so modular heads go for it ! :laugh:

Edit - checking Target's own shopping pages for Lego.....gee, they like claiming exclusive rights on everything except most of the gear is available everywhere already so perhaps Lego should step in and current them before the ACCC does ? :look:

Edited by lightningtiger

Edit - checking Target's own shopping pages for Lego.....gee, they like claiming exclusive rights on everything except most of the gear is available everywhere already so perhaps Lego should step in and current them before the ACCC does ? :look:

I noticed that on the Target website... Seems a bit cheeky, but I suppose it's just an innocent mistake.