Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Costco at Auburn NSW has a few sets at good prices: Creator 31009 for $28.79, City 60008 for $63.99 and Friends cafe (not many) for $35.49

I just saw the kmart catalogue and there is really no lego, a few lego tables and the XXL brick set, but no other set! I wonder if this toy event is going to have catalogues every few weeks? Crazy there was no lego!

The whole catalogue is lame! Full of cheap rip offs of known brands, even the tables are knockoffs of Lego tables... one word "pathetic!!" I see the the head line now "K-Mart downsizing due to poor sales figures"

The whole catalogue is lame! Full of cheap rip offs of known brands, even the tables are knockoffs of Lego tables... one word "pathetic!!" I see the the head line now "K-Mart downsizing due to poor sales figures"

This is Kmart's strategy now. They've introduced a lot of their own branded cheap stuff across the entire store range. They've been slowly doing this for toys as well. So they'll continue to stock regular toy brands as well but they'll have their own branded stuff much cheaper. Look at their matchbox/hot wheels homebrand cars they sell. The quality is ordinary but they are half the price of the brand name toys.

I haven't even seen the Kmart catalogue yet, but it's not to cover two weeks but about half the year till Christmas eve ! :grin:

And that doesn't mean that they won't get anything special in the short term to compete will Target and BigW......we'll just have to wait and see. :blush:

MYER Morley on the other hand has all the new stock including the dark green airplane, the orange train, the mini modulars, the Creator house and tree-house and all 4 LOTR sets.

Picked up a couple of LOTR sets today,thanks for the heads up! Seems to be the only place in Perth stocking them yet............

The haunted house isnt in the Kmart catalogue. Actually the only Lego is the xxl 1600 pce. Box for $79.

The information I have is that the current catalog (the one with only the brick bucket in it) is going to be followed with another catalog that features a full spread of all the brand name toys.

Personally I am hoping that the $250 price is not the lowest the Haunted House goes as its a great set but I am not sure if $250 is worth it...

Personally I am hoping that the $250 price is not the lowest the Haunted House goes as its a great set but I am not sure if $250 is worth it...

It absolutely is. It's a great set, even at the RRP I paid. Go for it!

According to this weeks regular Kmart catalogue the toy event starts online a week earlier than in store. :wink:

Oh, by the way just got an email from TRU.........from 12th to 16th June spend 20 bucks or more and score a free Friend's animal polybag.....the cat one is cute, my wife loves it. :blush:

My sources have come through......though it's just a little bit.....both Friend's bakery and yes, Town Square are coming as exclusives for the toy sales.....where though they will be....who knows ?

My sources have come through......though it's just a little bit.....both Friend's bakery and yes, Town Square are coming as exclusives for the toy sales.....where though they will be....who knows ?

I don't suppose you remember roughly how much you saw the LotR pirate ship for in the Myer catalog? It's at BigW for $128 which seems reasonable for a pirate ship, but it'd be a shame to get it and discover it was a fraction of the price in a few weeks time.

Yep, just seen the Kmart catalogue.....oh, please may there be another catalogue to join it for a short time. :look:

As of earlier today, Target Perth CBD has the LOTR Elf Council set in stock. MYER Perth CBD still hasn't put out their new stock.

TRU in Morley has a whole pile of new stock including the Architecture Imperial Hotel, Architecture Villa Savoye, LOTR pirate ship, LOTR Black Gate, Creator Tree House and City Helicopter Arrest.

Looks like TRU only just got the new stock in, they were busy putting it on the shelf when I was there.

Oh, that's want I wanted to hear.....helicopter arrest at TRU......better check the two near me. :wink:

By the way, Toy Corner now has the latest LOTR sets too ! :wink:

Further mark-downs on some licenced sets at Kmart:

Bat vs Bane tumbler set & Doc Ock ambush set both $30, down from $70!

Attack of the Wargs $40, down from $100!!! QUICK!

Picked up the new city coast guard set at target 60015, $59 sea plane and trawler, some nice sets coming out this year.

Sadly only Tumblers at my local store and they were still $49

Might check back later, or maybe we miss out on those prices.

Picked up the new city coast guard set at target 60015, $59 sea plane and trawler, some nice sets coming out this year.

WTF ?

Target is getting the first bite of the city cherry not Kmart...........I might just have to pop into a couple Target's within reach of the tiger ! :grin:

What makes the tiger think where town square is going to be eh ? :wink:

Sadly only Tumblers at my local store and they were still $49

Might check back later, or maybe we miss out on those prices.

YMMV... also the items all scanned at a higher price, had to point out the old-style Kmart yellow price stickers on the boxes to get the lower prices (the tags on the shelves had the prices written in permanent marker btw). I think the scanned prices were 49, 49 & 59 (still nice prices). Then they set the stupid alarm off anyway... :hmpf::laugh: Really professional.

YMMV... also the items all scanned at a higher price, had to point out the old-style Kmart yellow price stickers on the boxes to get the lower prices (the tags on the shelves had the prices written in permanent marker btw). I think the scanned prices were 49, 49 & 59 (still nice prices). Then they set the stupid alarm off anyway... :hmpf::laugh: Really professional.

Yeah must be. Mine all had printed shelf labels and nothing on the boxes. Oh well