Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

For those seeking the Lego Iron Patriot minifig, it is a give away with Lego Marvel preorders from EB Games

Thanks for the heads up. I had been looking around to see if we were going to be fortunate in Australia or not.

No worries, it has it listed on their site for pre-order. UK sites have it listed as late October release there, so I'd imagine we get it just before Christmas

Thanks for the heads up. I had been looking around to see if we were going to be fortunate in Australia or not.

So far EB Games has had all the special minifigs bundled with the preorders. (Jack Sparrow, Lex Luthor, Elrond) So I wasn't that surprised that Iron Patriot was their exclusive too.

I'm really hoping we see some Arkham Asylum discounts similar to what the Diagon Alley sets did through Target. Speaking of DA, it is back up at target.com.au at full price ($279). This set doesn't seem to die!

Well, Mr. EB games didn't let me buy the Iron Patriot fig outright, so it looks like I'll have to get the game. I'm thinking that I'll trade in old games and use my gift card to bring down the price.

I spotted the new LEGO Batman board game at Target Newton (Adelaide) today. I love the microfigs!

Well, Mr. EB games didn't let me buy the Iron Patriot fig outright [...]

I may be missing something here, but are you saying they have Iron Patriot in-store already?

Oh, sorry. I don't think they would, but even when they do, they won't let me buy it.

If anyone is still looking for Monster Fighters Big W exclusive The Zombies I saw my local had restocked a few copies for $58 - worth checking out given that E Bay sellers are all asking for c.$120 at the moment.

I thought about snapping them all up for resale but on reflection I felt a bit like a dirty scalper so I left them there for other punters to pick up at a reasonable price.

Oh, my local Target had some Lone Ranger stuff and the Chima gorilla mech in a trolley ready to be stocked. Didn't take much notice of other stuff, because I was looking for LOTR and SW.

I went down to grafton to visit my grandmother. Ended up checking out big w and picked up:

Obi wans Jedi starfighter $148

LOTR battle of the black gate $ 88

LOTR pirate ship ambush $128

Didn't see any other new LOTR sets though.

I went down to grafton to visit my grandmother.

Welcome to EB and I must of bumped into you there today Graftons my local lego supply area. Did you watch the trucks down the Main Street? Pretty awesome!

On topic, Big W had new creator sets in (house with tan windows, tree house and airplane) and as Space Falcon has said a few new LOTR sets. No specials anywhere.

Pre-ordered Marvel Superheroes ad EB today. Looking forward to getting the Patriot!

Speaking of EB, their store Australia Fair (Gold Coast) has Minecraft Lego sets in-stock. About $75 each I think. A lot of money to pay for a box of Lego that small.

It's funny how the reseller market went nuts for them a few months ago, then they popped up on the Lego Shop again, and... there they are, on a shelf at EB Games.

You'd be pretty upset if you stockpiled a couple of them hoping to let them appreciate greatly in value.

If you strip away the Minecraft branding, it's as you say, a mess of small bricks. Probably cost you $20 to assemble the parts on Bricklink.

It only happened because they had an initial run of 5000 sets. Once the popularity soared, they had more created which is why the price dropped so dramatically on the secondary market. If other versions of this are released (there is a rumour floating around that there will be 2 others) then it will probably jump in value again

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but my K-Mart is offloading older Batman sets. Not sure if nation wide but I assume so

Batcave - $99

Batwing - $39

Tumbler - $49 (already?)

No movement on Batmobile/Two Face set

Target catalogue isn't far away http://shop.target.com.au/toys also notice down the bottom they have a blurb about Super Hero's Batman and Arkham Asylum.

Yessss :laugh: . . just saw the ad and it looks definite Target will stock Arkham Asylum, hopefully at the introductory price of $200

Lay buy'd the monster fighters Mansion at K-Mart Southland $249, it is the 10 series set and not the Vampire Castle. A couple left. Good price per parts ratio too!

Lay buy'd the monster fighters Mansion at K-Mart Southland $249, it is the 10 series set and not the Vampire Castle. A couple left. Good price per parts ratio too!

Kmart gets the Haunted House?!? Damn. If I'd known I'd have waited.

Good set, took me hours to build, awesome details.

Kmart gets the Haunted House?!? Damn. If I'd known I'd have waited.

Would be nice if they drop the price a bit for their big toy sale but if they're selling it for $249 that's already $20 less than the RRP I guess.

I wish I'd waited for Arkham Assylum too given that it will probably be $200 at Target at the sale, but it was such an awesome build I guess I don't regret it much.