Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Also spotted the new Creator Tree House set at Toyworld, $49.99.

Edited by Brickus

Has anyone seen Battle of Smallville in any store other than Toyworld? All my local stores dont have it except Toyworld.

Has anyone seen Battle of Smallville in any store other than Toyworld? All my local stores dont have it except Toyworld.

Nope. My local target, big w and kmart had the other 2 but not that one.

Nope. My local target, big w and kmart had the other 2 but not that one.

yeah it looks like that for most places.

Saw the battle of smallville in Kmart chadstone yesterday. Glad to see the lone ranger sets are arriving cannot wait for that movie!

20% off all Lego today at Target included all discounted items as well but my local T didn't have any old sets left, however I found a few bargains in the board game section. All the older Lego game set had been discounted to $9.98 I had a quick look through them and found one of sets (see picture below) contained a 32 x 32 green base plate and just over 200 parts and 12 microfigs. A quick scan at the check point and they came down to $7.86 so I went back and bought all 3 boxes. Eyed off the other games but they only had around 80 parts and no base plates for the same price.

legominotaurus.jpg

Never been interested in them before but I had a game with my 8yo son this afternoon and it was quite fun. Might keep one built and the others for base plates and parts.

Thats a great deal on the Minotarus set, that's less than the RRP of the green 32x32 alone,

I found Lone Ranger sets at Myer's TTP.....though no silver mine sets.....check your local Myer store quantities of sets....grabbed the cheapest set and lay-by'ed the rest......they have only one train set left though now at TTP. :grin:

Isn't 20% off Toys wonderful there eh ? :laugh:

Even at 20% off I am not convinced that Lone Ranger (like most of the Super Heroes line) is worth it given the high Australian RRP for the sets.

Iron Man Mandarin set is about 1.7x more expensive in Oz.

Chima Glider set (which has more parts than the Iron Man set and costs $1 less than the Iron Man set in the USA) is only 1.3x more expensive.

Looking at it another way, the Iron Man set is about 1.08x more expensive than the Glider set in the USA yet its 1.4x more expensive in Australia

Also spotted the new Creator Tree House set at Toyworld, $49.99.

Is that RRP? If so (and if the US$29.99 US RRP I have seen quoted elsewhere is correct) then we are getting ripped off this year compared to the generous RRPs we got on the second-half Creator sets last year (the deal I got at Toys R Us for the Creator Beach House was one of the BEST deals I have ever gotten on LEGO)

Even at 20% off I am not convinced that Lone Ranger (like most of the Super Heroes line) is worth it given the high Australian RRP for the sets.

Iron Man Mandarin set is about 1.7x more expensive in Oz.

Chima Glider set (which has more parts than the Iron Man set and costs $1 less than the Iron Man set in the USA) is only 1.3x more expensive.

Looking at it another way, the Iron Man set is about 1.08x more expensive than the Glider set in the USA yet its 1.4x more expensive in Australia

You earn on average 2.0x more than Americans you goof! Im happy to entertain a whinge when the set is over 2.0x in cost here. Lets just stick to bargains aye!

You earn on average 2.0x more than Americans you goof! Im happy to entertain a whinge when the set is over 2.0x in cost here. Lets just stick to bargains aye!

Source?

Source?

It is probably better that you look into this yourself, since this this post is about Aussie Sales. :)

Earning twice as much as someone purely on numbers isn't wholly true, you have to take into account other factors such as cost of living and country's gdp its not as simple as saying I earn 2 times as much as you so I should pay two times as much, I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost a factory two times as much to produce it for Aus as it does for other places, although volume of product and shipping inflate the cost here, its a debate that is far more complex than people are assuming it is.

My local Coles sells some Lego and they had some of the 2011 and 2012 Star Wars sets on clearance for roughly 30% off. thought about another Droid Escape for the Sandtroopers but managed to resist.

LighteningTiger,

Is the lone ranger train set 20% off in Myer? - I thought Target had 20% off, is the set in Target?

AB

You missed out.....it was for Saturday and Sunday only. :sadnew:

And which Coles sells Lego......I've only ever seen either collectable minifigs or SW planet sets in any Coles ? :look:

And which Coles sells Lego......I've only ever seen either collectable minifigs or SW planet sets in any Coles ? :look:

My local Coles recently revamped and added a second area that contains clothes, DVDs, toys and other stuff ala a mini-BIg W or Kmart. I think the sub-store is called "Mix".