Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Aarrgghh. TRU got me on weekend with 25% off and I wrangled Palpatines Arrest for 25% RRP, got a nice chunk from Bricklink and now I've just ordered Mini Modulars because of free shipping. And I thought I was safe until January...

Edited by distortme

Lego Shop has double VIP points for October too FYI - trying very hard not to purchase the Haunted House!

Edited by TeufelHund

Lego Shop has double VIP points for October too FYI - trying very hard not to purchase the Haunted House!

Me too...

Thanks for letting me know about the free shipping on shop@home. I used it to get two hard to find things off my list, Minecraft micro world and Kingdoms Chess set.

A beautiful sight at the queen st toyworld today, 6 death stars all lined up and looking good. That is of course until you see the price ticket, I kid you not it actually say's "great value $699.00". HA!!! :thumbdown:

Thank you very much 'slopemodified' for the free shipping news for shop@home :-)

I now am in a dilemma....I am tossing up between the Town Hall modular versus the Haunted House and can only get one set at this stage so I will try to get the one that might be of limited availability here.

Is there any news about which store might get either set as exclusive?

I'm thinking the Town Hall will go to DJ, which in the past has been ridiculous about the amount of stock they end up with.

Many thanks!

Thank you very much 'slopemodified' for the free shipping news for shop@home :-)

I now am in a dilemma....I am tossing up between the Town Hall modular versus the Haunted House and can only get one set at this stage so I will try to get the one that might be of limited availability here.

Is there any news about which store might get either set as exclusive?

I'm thinking the Town Hall will go to DJ, which in the past has been ridiculous about the amount of stock they end up with.

Many thanks!

Town Hall is definitely DJs, they have them already. Although just the one I saw at DJs in Sydney CBD.

A beautiful sight at the queen st toyworld today, 6 death stars all lined up and looking good. That is of course until you see the price ticket, I kid you not it actually say's "great value $699.00". HA!!! :thumbdown:

just got mine for $525 on sale!

Thank you very much for the info 'Notorious Guf' :classic:

Well I did went to DJ Melbourne CBD at lunch. Sadly (as per past experiences), the sales person has no idea what I was talking about and no modular set on display either. The last time I managed to get the Grand Emporium I had to drive all the way to Chadstone (aka the burb).

Hmmm......it's looking like I should be getting the Town Hall.....

I wish TLG gives the modular building exclusive to Myer instead, at least they are well-stocked most of the time....

Anyone seen a price on that DJs town hall?

Or any other modulars re-stocked (e.g. petshop)?

All at regular RRP -

$299 Town Hall

$269 Pet Shop

$249 Grand Emporium

All have been restocked at Sydney CBD, but only small numbers that I could see.

Definatly need to wait for a %off sale then if I am going to get any of them (although I already have the emporium and dont think another one is worth buying :)

Definatly need to wait for a %off sale then if I am going to get any of them (although I already have the emporium and dont think another one is worth buying :)

I would say buy both the pet shop and town hall as they are must haves if you are collecting them. If your not buy them anyways in case you start collecting in the future.

I learnt the hard way :)

DJs Perth has just done a full re-stock including the Town Hall and at least 1/2 dozen Emporiums. At $300, the Town Hall is a bit more than I can afford to spend on LEGO right now (plus none of the bits in it are bits I have any real use for)

If they did a modular with a large amount of dark blue brick content, THAT I would buy :)

Still kicking myself that I didn't find out about the local availability of the Green Grocer a few years back until it was too late :(

found a town hall today for $259, sadly only one available. not bad score this week, found some bargains with a bit of work, without resorting to importing them.

Wow that's a great deal for the Town Hall 'glendo'

Based on jonwil's report of Town Hall also appearing at DJ in Perth, I gave it another try at DJ Melbourne CBD.

This morning, I rang up and got a wonderful sales person who knew exactly what I was talking about and told me they have got in the Town Hall and put one aside for me.

I went to pick it up at lunch, and yes it was full price, but I have put money aside for it :classic:

DJ Melbourne CBD now have all the Grand Emporium, Pet Store and also Town Hall on the shelf.

Okay, so I forgot to post this the other day, but until the 11th of November Toy Corner has their 25% off sale on again.

Besides that TRU has some exclusive set bargains starting Wednesday for one week, 25 bucks off the robber's hideout and 20 bucks off the TRU truck/shop set plus the 4-in-1 super police set down to 149.99, sort of okay price wise though I think TC would be better for the four sets on their own ! :wink:

Those discounts on the robbers hideout and TRU truck almost make them worth buying... (I did say almost :)

Kmart catalogue arrived today......City mine 89, City airport 99 so too the City garage 99......selected SW and Monster Fighters among other sets too reduced....too many to write down.

Kmart catalogue arrived today......City mine 89, City airport 99 so too the City garage 99......selected SW and Monster Fighters among other sets too reduced....too many to write down.

Vampire castle for $99 too, not a bad discount if your after it.........