Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

K Mart has stocked up big time, Friends horse trailer set is in ($29), but all the other new Friends sets are sold out already! (Still no sight of the riding camp or stable though.) Also have Dino, new Creator & Spider-Man sets.

Now at K Mart. $69, down from $79.99 on S@H. They also finally have the Swamp Creature set ($12) but ALL other MF sets are gone gone gone! Must be popular... I suppose there has been a long wait for this line to appear.

Crazy Scientist is now $59.99 at Shopforme.com.au - $10 off the Kmart price but then there's the shipping. I suppose if you're ordering more than one set, or you're in Melbourne where you have the pick-up option, it might make it worth it. I've ordered from them before and the service is outstanding.

Got a report from another forum that the big technic sets (including the 4x4 crawler with the new power functions bits) are in stock at TRU.

Saw all 3 new Technic sets at Myer, also Crazy Scientist set at Big W for $68.

EDIT: Also Batman Visual Dictionary at Big W for $28.

Edited by Brickus

Im looking forward to the Haunted House 10228 coming out, anyone heard what chain will be carrying it?

I prefer to pick it up from a store and avoid the outrageous S@H shipping costs......

Cheers

Ben

Agreed, $45 is way too much to pay for shipping to Aus. I've emailed shopforme to see if they'll be getting it at all, and I'll report back if it's a yes.

Agreed, $45 is way too much to pay for shipping to Aus. I've emailed shopforme to see if they'll be getting it at all, and I'll report back if it's a yes.

Its on there website as "Coming Soon"

Its on there website as "Coming Soon"

:blush:

Thanks Brisbane Lego Fan, I don't quite know how I missed that...

Yep. They'll get it by the end of the month I reckon. The shipping rates on S@H are absurd considering it takes 3 weeks to arrive half the time.

Myer Adelaide has 10226 Sopwith Camel $129. May wait for next sale.

Toyworld Adelaide has SW Advents @ $50. And found some old stock - Battle of Endor, Slave 1, Wampa Cave all at RRP.

Edited by distortme

Myer Adelaide has 10226 Sopwith Camel $129. May wait for next sale.

Great news. The aussie RRP is reasonable so it will be at a great price during sales.

Yep. They'll get it by the end of the month I reckon. The shipping rates on S@H are absurd considering it takes 3 weeks to arrive half the time.

Absolutely. Well I just got an email back from shopforme anyway, and they said:

"We are expecting the Haunted House to arrive before Halloween ;)"

So at least it'll be around before the end of Oct, and I'm willing to wait it out to save on shipping.

Im looking forward to the Haunted House 10228 coming out, anyone heard what chain will be carrying it?

I prefer to pick it up from a store and avoid the outrageous S@H shipping costs......

Cheers

Ben

That's why I ordered 3, makes the postage only $15 each.

S@H postage isn't expensive, considering it does come from overseas, just that we have to pay RRP as well, rather than overseas prices.

S@H postage isn't expensive, considering it does come from overseas, just that we have to pay RRP as well, rather than overseas prices.

The fact that we're paying Australian RRP but not getting it shipped like a local product is the offensive part. In other words we are paying 3 times the price for postage and waiting 3 times longer.

The fact that we're paying Australian RRP but not getting it shipped like a local product is the offensive part. In other words we are paying 3 times the price for postage and waiting 3 times longer.

Shipping anything within Australia is ridiculously expensive

To be quite honest, if I could afford 3 Haunted Houses, I wouldn't have an issue paying $45 for shipping for 1...

EDIT: The RRP in our country is unfortunate, but I can live with it, and I don't mind the wait, as long as it's a reasonable amount of time. What I don't understand is, at this point in time, we have a Lego office in Australia, however, as far as I'm aware, S@H products do not get sent from Sydney, when they probably could be. Factor in the point that we also don't have any Lego Stores we can purchase the product from. When I was working in the retail toy industry, we heard whispers from our Lego rep that NSW would indeed be getting Australia's first Lego Store, but that was last year, and I haven't heard anything since.

EDIT (again): Just checked on the box I received my Zombie set in from S@H, which actually says the sender was Lego Australia, in NSW (where I'm currently located). Huh!?

Edited by ChrisW

You guys whinge too much.

If you live in Australia, the postage from anywhere is expensive. Not just LEGO.

If you live in Australia, it physically takes longer for things to arrive. Solution? Move to Europe or USA.

RRP is RRP. Do you complain you earn 1.5x what the average American earns? No you don't.

This is a sales forum. Lets stick to sales postings.

Edited by Patty

You guys whinge too much.

If you live in Australia, the postage from anywhere is expensive. Not just LEGO.

If you live in Australia, it physically takes longer for things to arrive. Solution? Move to Europe or USA.

RRP is RRP. Do you complain you earn 1.5x what the average American earns? No you don't.

This is a sales forum. Lets stick to sales postings.

So it's unreasonable to assume that buying some from the Australian website should be shipped from there? I don't think it's a stretch for a company the size of Lego to have a warehouse here where they can directly ship their products from. The RRP is fine but if I'm paying it then the product should come from here no? $45 for postage via snail mail is miles more expensive than what other overseas are offering. It's pretty obvious that Lego are deliberately taking advantage of people who are desperate to get their products on release and have no other options. Shopforme will ship it for $9 and you will get it in 2 days. Too bad they won't be able to get it for weeks.

This is the sales thread so obviously we are going to talk about the cheapest way to get things.

I don't know what snail mail you guys are talking about, but my last few orders from LEGO shop have arrived within 10 days (including weekends), and I chose the cheap option.

It seems like the Dino sets are no longer exclusive to Big W - they had the full range including the Limtied Edition Gyrocopter/Pteradon set at my local Toys R Us yesterday (all at RRP of course - the Gyro set was $49.95).

I'm thinking of a Haunted House but will wait for when ShopforMe put it at 15-20% off, methinks.

I've ordered one from overseas, but i'll be buying another once they mark down at shopforme also. I just couldn't help myself which is why i ordered one now! :blush:

Hopefully by some miracle they have Series 8 in stock (its about the only 2012 set I am still waiting for, that and any Hobbit sets that show up :)

I must make a correction......Target sale doesn't include Friend's :hmpf_bad: .....sorry girls and other fans of Friend's. :blush:

Well can't be Target 100% happy, maybe Target 50% happy :)

I finally spied (only) 1 box of Friends Summer Riding Camp at K Mart, $140. Good luck with that set everyone...

I finally spied (only) 1 box of Friends Summer Riding Camp at K Mart, $140. Good luck with that set everyone...

Big w had 6 of them @ $128