Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Had no problems today convincing Toys R Us in Morley to give me the price-match plus 10% gaurantee thing on the K-Mart pricing for the Seaside House and the Shelob Attacks.

The deal on the Seaside House is one of the best deals I have EVER seen.

I would have thought it would be a lot easier to get a bargain from the Big W or Kmart sales as most people will have "got their fill" at the target and myer sales....apparently not!

Also, as you can see im pretty new on here (long time lurker but finally decided to join!) are there any other "Aussie" area's to Eurobricks?

If anyone can get to toyworld at Victoria point QLD they have loads of the castle sets, and all their lego is on sale, got me 7288 police mobile command for only $49.

Disappointed by the toy sale, bigw is the only one to have the malevolence and you can not online lay-by it, which sucks, hate going out on school holidays.

Edited by DarthSion

I would have thought it would be a lot easier to get a bargain from the Big W or Kmart sales as most people will have "got their fill" at the target and myer sales....apparently not!

Also, as you can see im pretty new on here (long time lurker but finally decided to join!) are there any other "Aussie" area's to Eurobricks?

I thought I had my fill too, till I saw the technic logging truck for $50 cheaper at big w, here I go again :wacko:

Also missed the SSD which is a shame. Living in regional areas makes it very difficult for me, given that the closest big W is 2 hours away, i made the call and was told that there were 8 in stock but they wouldn't do anything over the phone which was very frustrating. I rang at seven this morning to see if they had any left, only to be told they sold out as soon as they opened at midnight.

Oh well, on the plus side i picked up a death star today for 500 delivered to my door, which was pretty sweet!

Also missed the SSD which is a shame. Living in regional areas makes it very difficult for me, given that the closest big W is 2 hours away, i made the call and was told that there were 8 in stock but they wouldn't do anything over the phone which was very frustrating. I rang at seven this morning to see if they had any left, only to be told they sold out as soon as they opened at midnight.

Oh well, on the plus side i picked up a death star today for 500 delivered to my door, which was pretty sweet!

I think you did ok - the SSD is basically an extremely long-display piece (with an apparently pretty flat and barren underside) whereas the Death Star is an awesome playset, display piece and source of minfigs.

Enjoy.

I think you did ok - the SSD is basically an extremely long-display piece (with an apparently pretty flat and barren underside) whereas the Death Star is an awesome playset, display piece and source of minfigs.

Enjoy.

Haha, yeah i know i did well, but i wanted both!! :laugh:

Nevermind, if i'm patient enough i'm sure one will pop up at the right price.

Haha, yeah i know i did well, but i wanted both!! :laugh:

Nevermind, if i'm patient enough i'm sure one will pop up at the right price.

That's what im thinking, im sure the SSD isn't going anywhere. In 6-12 months it will still be around! I think you can get it for around $500 delivered from BL anyways

Myer have 10% off toys today ON TOP of 20% off Lego. No "Myer One" account, voucher or card necessary, it's for everyone & automatic. They have restocked LOTR again, so this is the best price locally. BTW I recall someone saying they couldn't find Malevolence anywhere - well Myer have had it, and it was definitely in stock today too. They said they didn't have any forms to sign up for Lego Club, don't know if that's across the board, but just use the docket number while signing-up online I'm told.

My Orc Forges arrived today too, (gotta love when the Parcel Post arrives before leaving for work!) so I will be up late tonight having lots of fun... :excited:

Edited by Artanis I

So 30% off? Sounds amazing.

It actually works out more like 28% as it's the 20% off then another 10% off that reduced price, not the first up price I think. That's how it's worked before...

It actually works out more like 28% as it's the 20% off then another 10% off that reduced price, not the first up price I think. That's how it's worked before...

Yea this seems to be the way it always works for Myer (I have been caught out before!)

Edited by Sparhawke

No different to usual, the discounts are separate, so indeed it is 28% not 30%.

eg

Original price: $100.
After   20% off: $80.
Further 10% off: $72.
Total discount:  $28.

But it's still pretty good :thumbup:

picked up the recycling truck last night from Kmart Pacific Fair - had the mining dump truck in my hands as well but put it back. Really wanted the bigger mining truck which is the same price but they had none left in stock. I'll get around to putting those 2 and the mine on lay buy for christmas. It figured they were only 20% off which will come around again anyway!

picked up the recycling truck last night from Kmart Pacific Fair - had the mining dump truck in my hands as well but put it back. Really wanted the bigger mining truck which is the same price but they had none left in stock. I'll get around to putting those 2 and the mine on lay buy for christmas. It figured they were only 20% off which will come around again anyway!

Yeah i'm the same. I've got heaps away at the moment so i'm going to concentrate on getting those under control before i layby more.

When another 20% off comes on i'll be going for the lighthouse and hillside house as well.

i have got to get my shopping under control. i have really saved $100's, but i have still spent around $1K this month on lego, and the wife is going to kill me when she works it out.

so far this month:

jabbas palace

desert skiff

4 x city vehicle kits

modular pet shop

modular fire stn

beach house

NASA shuttle expedition

police station

hillside house

2x minifig cases (16 pax)

20 minifigs (series 6,7,4 mixed)

2x BL packs for parts

and i still want more! i want the modular town hall, and death star by xmas

i have got to get my shopping under control. i have really saved $100's, but i have still spent around $1K this month on lego, and the wife is going to kill me when she works it out.

so far this month:

jabbas palace

desert skiff

4 x city vehicle kits

modular pet shop

modular fire stn

beach house

NASA shuttle expedition

police station

hillside house

2x minifig cases (16 pax)

20 minifigs (series 6,7,4 mixed)

2x BL packs for parts

and i still want more! i want the modular town hall, and death star by xmas

That's quite a good list.

The only difference between you and me, is that the wife is in on my purchases as we collect together, it's just safer that way :laugh:

Urgh, that reminds me, how could I have forgotten to get the minifig display cases. I might have to have a walk down to big W today and see if they still have some (they didn't have any online when I initially did my online order).

I have spent far too much this toy sale, but I have a house filled with deliciousness (including lots more Lego Friends sets).

I also finally got the Lego creationary game ($29 from Kmart) and it is fun and hilarious (and hard). Today I will try the battle of Hoth game ($29 is the perfect price for it).

I was just in Miranda Big W having a browse and spotted 2 x 10212 Star Wars Imperial Shuttles with a markdown tag on them $348.00

There is one left now...... :grin:

I just noticed that my local Big W had quitely marked down Alien Conquest sets - they had the Alien Abduction for $30 and the JetCopter set for $40 which suggest that line is now on clearance. They also had the Battle of Hoth game scanning for $28 even though the ticket still said $48.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of the best / cheapest place to buy the Town Hall set from? I'm asking for a work colleague, who would prefer to buy local rather than pay huge shipping charges from Amazon (Euro) or via Bricklink.

Cheers

Paul

Hi all,

Does anyone know of the best / cheapest place to buy the Town Hall set from? I'm asking for a work colleague, who would prefer to buy local rather than pay huge shipping charges from Amazon (Euro) or via Bricklink.

Cheers

Paul

Well you can't buy it in Australia as yet. I got a couple from Chromebricks , a German seller on bricklink with a good postage price. I thunk mine worked out at about $215 each. I ordered a few other things too so postage was spread across the lot. Postage was 35 euro and the sets were 160 euro so 1 is $240 and 2 are $440 making them $220 each. Chromebricks pack really well, it did take 3 weeks to arrive but in excellent double boxed condition.

When hey arrive at DJ's they will be $300 so when they do have heir 25% off sale in October they will be $225. So this is still around the same price but you get hem much earlier.

That's what I did anyhow.

Hi all,

Cheers

Paul

$270 at shopeforme.com though your friend missed out when it was $250 (the old rrp) on Shop@home with free shipping and the TC14. The Town Hall is probably the hardest thing to get a decent deal on at the moment.

Well you can't buy it in Australia as yet. I got a couple from Chromebricks , a German seller on bricklink with a good postage price. I thunk mine worked out at about $215 each. I ordered a few other things too so postage was spread across the lot. Postage was 35 euro and the sets were 160 euro so 1 is $240 and 2 are $440 making them $220 each. Chromebricks pack really well, it did take 3 weeks to arrive but in excellent double boxed condition.

When hey arrive at DJ's they will be $300 so when they do have heir 25% off sale in October they will be $225. So this is still around the same price but you get hem much earlier.

That's what I did anyhow.

$270 at shopeforme.com though your friend missed out when it was $250 (the old rrp) on Shop@home with free shipping and the TC14. The Town Hall is probably the hardest thing to get a decent deal on at the moment.

Great, Thank you both so much for your help. I will pass on the information.

I just noticed that my local Big W had quitely marked down Alien Conquest sets - they had the Alien Abduction for $30 and the JetCopter set for $40 which suggest that line is now on clearance. They also had the Battle of Hoth game scanning for $28 even though the ticket still said $48.

Ooh, great news! Which big w is this? The jet copter is still $45 at kmart TTP (Adelaide), and Kmart doesn't seem to be in a hurry to lower their clearance prices these days :-(