Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Likewise TTP for me tomorrow morning, slap Helm's Deep and 3677 on layby - thank goodness no deposit at Myers only a 10 dollar service fee to be paid first.

I saw no R2-D2's at Newton tonight, either already sold out or they are being brought out tomorrow. :blush:

i was there at 5.30 at newton they had out 12 out near the entrance. When i left there only 4 left so either thats it of them or they have very little left in stock.

i was there at 5.30 at newton they had out 12 out near the entrance. When i left there only 4 left so either thats it of them or they have very little left in stock.

So did you buy 8 of them eh ? :laugh:

I was there 6.30 and didn't see one....well that's sound like that's it for Target's exclusive at that store then. :hmpf:

Better watch Gumtree or Ebay now eh ? :laugh:

Likewise TTP for me tomorrow morning, slap Helm's Deep and 3677 on layby - thank goodness no deposit at Myers only a 10 dollar service fee to be paid first.

I saw no R2-D2's at Newton tonight, either already sold out or they are being brought out tomorrow. :blush:

I was there at Newton at closing (9pm) there were still 3 at the entrance , none in the Lego section. I believe they're opening again at midnight ...

I was there at Newton at closing (9pm) there were still 3 at the entrance , none in the Lego section. I believe they're opening again at midnight ...

I must have missed them. :blush:

Gee, there are a few of us EB'ers near Newton ? :laugh:

I must have missed them. :blush:

Gee, there are a few of us EB'ers near Newton ? :laugh:

No wonder all the good stuff goes quickly ;)

Who has the best price on the LOTR Shelob Attacks set during the sales?

I would say Target or Myer with their 20% off, but I'll be buy mine at Toy Corner.....25% off ! :grin:

Myer a bit empty this morning. Of people not of Lego.

Scored a huge Lego bag for spending over $50 on toys.

If you ask for 10% off tell them you hit an email but didn't have a printer that should work. Unless you actually did get an email and printed out.

If you ask for 10% off tell them you hit an email but didn't have a printer that should work. Unless you actually did get an email and printed out.

Is there a 10% extra off Myer One bonus about the place???

I picked up the Orc Forge at Big W this morning but no signs of other exclusives such as the Dino, SSD or Anakin Interceptor yet.

Other than that, there's not much else in this sale round to tempt me (already got the rest of the LOTOR sets at 25% off).

Did you read what you quoted?

Yes. Just ask and tell them you didn't have printer to print it out.

Went to brookside target today to put some money on a lay-buy and they have about 10 or so R2-D2's plus all the other new sets if anyone has missed out up here. Also popped into myer "just for a look" and ended putting the tower bridge and VW combie on laybuy, Dammit! :wacko:

Chatswood Target told me they had 35 sets of R2D2 last night. I went there but they put a security device with wires over all their R2 sets so all the boxes were slightly damaged. For those who are fussy about the condition of the box I wouldn't get them there. Went to Hornsby Target this morning and they had about 10 sets at the front of the store, all in pristine condition, so I picked up one there.

Did you read what you quoted?

I don't see anywhere on BrettBrick's first post that it was an e-mailed 10% Myer One discount you were talking about. You only said 10% from an e-mail. That's why distortme asked.

In other news:

Anyone notice this on the Big W online specials?

Atlantis 7985 $48

OK back from Myer Adelaide. They'd run out of Red Cargo Trains (boo hiss - but it would be my second one!), but everything else seemed to be there. Though their Tower Bridges and VWs were going pretty quick (maybe 4 or so of each left).

Mentioned the 10% Myer One email - "no printer" - they said they don't *have* the voucher so they can't scan it. However today's Nicest Lady In The World handed me hers - its the same number so use mine. Bingo - 10% extra off my haul of SW Lego and Thomas toys.

So not too bad a job since its not a nice day at all to go outside, and I'm going to try Myer TTP for the Cargo Train tonight of the weekend - which will be likely good for my credit card in that it won't be there! :)

OK back from Myer Adelaide. They'd run out of Red Cargo Trains (boo hiss - but it would be my second one!), but everything else seemed to be there. Though their Tower Bridges and VWs were going pretty quick (maybe 4 or so of each left).

Mentioned the 10% Myer One email - "no printer" - they said they don't *have* the voucher so they can't scan it. However today's Nicest Lady In The World handed me hers - its the same number so use mine. Bingo - 10% extra off my haul of SW Lego and Thomas toys.

So not too bad a job since its not a nice day at all to go outside, and I'm going to try Myer TTP for the Cargo Train tonight of the weekend - which will be likely good for my credit card in that it won't be there! :)

My wife didn't seem to get the 10% off email (or so she says :laugh: ) any chance someone could forward me a copy of theirs so I can print it off? just in case the store doesn't have a copy to scan.

Cheers

In other news:

Atlantis 7985 $48

Thanks for mentioning, I keep forgetting to.

Big W website is being a dog, too much traffic - just a FYI. Most sets from the sale next week are available to order, many big markdowns are not eg Olivia's House ($78) so you will have to wait for that one and others like it. Most do not have the free postage available, but I ordered some Orc Forges and the (already low) postage charge was discounted away during checkout anyway - so try your luck with that.

As a BTW I saw no R2s at Target last night at 8pm, and an empty shelf in the SW Lego section... not that I was going to buy one anyway. All other SW sets were there in abundance (bar exclusives, whenever/wherever they turn up). No LOTR.

Hola!

In other news:

Atlantis 7985 $48

Thanks for the heads-up, mate. Done and done. And I mean done.

Ev-Man

Chatswood Target told me they had 35 sets of R2D2 last night. I went there but they put a security device with wires over all their R2 sets so all the boxes were slightly damaged. For those who are fussy about the condition of the box I wouldn't get them there. Went to Hornsby Target this morning and they had about 10 sets at the front of the store, all in pristine condition, so I picked up one there.

I know it's kind of anal but I absolutely hate those wires, they always seem to tighten the hell out of them and dint the edges. Again I'm being precious but still :wacko:

I know it's kind of anal but I absolutely hate those wires, they always seem to tighten the hell out of them and dint the edges. Again I'm being precious but still :wacko:

You're talking to Lego nerds here. We're all a bit precious.

I had to use the big W iphone-app to order from them because their website was being frightful. I got a few of the Atlantis sets, half price is awesome (and I don't mind it, lots of useful parts). The friends house and cafe were sold out online, so I will try instore when the sale starts.

The friends vet is only $49 at Kmart, and I love that set. (Edit to add, sale starts instore next Thursday, available for layby wishlist now though).

We also picked up a campervan from myer this morning for $129.

Edited by lorax

Finally got my target layby done online. Of course it's full of Lego but the bl**dy site was down for like 20 hours.

lol, i love living in the country. Target here had heaps of r2's and everything else on the shelf.

Bought a vw off the myer website today, might get another one next week and mabye a tower bridge as well.

target joondalup has about 20 hp diagon alley sets at a sale price of $223 as well as about 5 r2.

plenty of bridges and vws and other stock at myer perth cbd. no sign of any shelob attacks anywhere yet