Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Wow, my Amazon order has been shipped already :oh3:

Last time I ordered from them was probably 5 years ago for some dvds, but it seems they have improved alot since then. I'm very impressed so far

I have got books for my mum from amazon uk several times over the last couple of months thanks to the free au/nz shipping over 25 pounds, they are usually quick, only had 1 problem, ordered over easter and it took 3 weeks to be sent out, but tat was also due to that imbreed marrying that tranny.

Just don't pick express if you are not in a main city, I had 3 orders upgraded from free standard shipping to express, one order took 2 weeks to get to me, actually had a standard shipping get sent after the express and get here before hand, not like I am in Mt Isa or something, just Logan.

Just don't pick express if you are not in a main city, I had 3 orders upgraded from free standard shipping to express, one order took 2 weeks to get to me, actually had a standard shipping get sent after the express and get here before hand, not like I am in Mt Isa or something, just Logan.

I didn't have a choice, express and trackable was the only option. Not that I'm complaining for $40 really, considering the set size

In case anyone cares (and isn't planning to wait a month for the Target sale), David Jones in Perth CBD has all 3 of the new HP sets (the Hogwarts addon, the bus and the forbidden forest)

Also, MYER has restocked on the tower bridge and has a few on the shelf.

No flagships though.

Edited by jonwil

I didn't have a choice, express and trackable was the only option. Not that I'm complaining for $40 really, considering the set size

Well you will be ok if you are inside the capital city limits, otherwise if its UPS they dump it to another courier.

popped in BigW, laybyed podracers, bounty hunter gunship, infiltrator, and decided to try the castle set kings castle, or whatever castle is called these days.

Well you will be ok if you are inside the capital city limits, otherwise if its UPS they dump it to another courier.

Yeah, I'm not unfortunately. Will be the standard delay once it hits our shores.

Yeah, I'm not unfortunately. Will be the standard delay once it hits our shores.

Even though amazon.co.uk said that the estimated delivery date was the 12th of July for my 2 x 8043 Excavators, the tracking on their website says that it has already arrived in Melbourne and cleared customs. I'm getting it delivered to work in the Melbourne CBD, so hopefully I'll get it later today or tomorrow.

I placed the order on Friday, and should be getting in on Monday/Tuesday - that's pretty good since other items from the UK (TheHut) have taken weeks in the past. Let's just hope Amazon packed it well...

Even though amazon.co.uk said that the estimated delivery date was the 12th of July for my 2 x 8043 Excavators, the tracking on their website says that it has already arrived in Melbourne and cleared customs. I'm getting it delivered to work in the Melbourne CBD, so hopefully I'll get it later today or tomorrow.

I placed the order on Friday, and should be getting in on Monday/Tuesday - that's pretty good since other items from the UK (TheHut) have taken weeks in the past. Let's just hope Amazon packed it well...

You're beating me :)

Date Time Location Event Details

2 July 2011 02:00:00 PM Feltham GB Departure Scan

2 July 2011 11:05:00 AM Feltham GB Arrival Scan

1 July 2011 10:38:00 PM Tamworth GB Arrival Scan

1 July 2011 09:30:00 PM Sheffield GB Departure Scan

1 July 2011 01:01:00 PM Sheffield GB Shipment received by carrier

1 July 2011 01:17:05 PM GB Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Excellent! Can you please let us know how they packed it when you receive it.

My delivery status is the same as yours technicmad

My delivery status is the same as yours technicmad

Well I'm about to finish work, and haven't received my Amazon shipment yet :cry3: Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow...

4 July 2011 01:41:00 PM Melbourne AU ____________ Completed customs clearance process

4 July 2011 08:44:00 AM Melbourne AU ____________ Arrival Scan

4 July 2011 07:24:00 AM Melbourne AU ____________ Completed customs clearance process

4 July 2011 07:24:00 AM Melbourne AU ____________ Initiated customs clearance process

4 July 2011 07:24:00 AM Melbourne AU ____________ Completed customs clearance process

2 July 2011 02:00:00 PM Feltham GB ______________ Departure Scan

2 July 2011 08:49:00 AM Feltham GB ______________ Arrival Scan

2 July 2011 05:25:00 AM East Midlands Airpor GB _ Departure Scan

1 July 2011 09:40:00 PM East Midlands Airpor GB _ Arrival Scan

1 July 2011 06:15:00 PM Swansea GB ______________ Departure Scan

1 July 2011 04:42:00 PM Swansea GB ______________ Shipment received by carrier

1 July 2011 12:17:51 PM GB ______________________ Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

It seems to have cleared customs three times now!

technicmad and The Darkness, it looks like mine might have been ordered just a bit earlier than yours and got on an earlier flight. Yours shouldn't be too far behind though...

Edited by Splat

Hmm mine is the exact same other than the Melbourne customs additions. Won't be too long

Edited by TheDarkness

I really hope anyone thinking of using scam of the day would look else where, catch of the day are dodgy as a 2am kebab.

I really hope anyone thinking of using scam of the day would look else where, catch of the day are dodgy as a 2am kebab.

Interesting. Had no issue with my Venator.

Whats wrong with the 2am kebab, nothing better if your doing a 24 hour build. :thumbup:

Whats wrong with the 2am kebab, nothing better if your doing a 24 hour build. :thumbup:

I lol'd :laugh:

Had no issues at all with my Lego order from them before, though I did run the gauntlet and buy some shoes at their big sale. The first pair was exactly what I ordered, the next two were the same brand and design, just different colours. Good thing I was happy with the ones they sent out, which is not usually like me.

I was amazed how quickly Amazon delivered. I think I beat everyone - Ordered Friday night, Delivered 10am this morning (Monday) :D Packed extremely well, better condition than store bought!

I lol'd :laugh:

Had no issues at all with my Lego order from them before, though I did run the gauntlet and buy some shoes at their big sale. The first pair was exactly what I ordered, the next two were the same brand and design, just different colours. Good thing I was happy with the ones they sent out, which is not usually like me.

They bait and switch, look at whirlpool.

Woohoo, my amazon shipment was delivered today at midday :excited: Here are some pics of how it was packed:

The outer box was in good condition...

00000018.jpg

...a tiny bit squashed, but not much, and I've seen much much worse!

There wasn't much padding inside...

00000019.jpg

...but the Lego boxes were in perfect condition :thumbup:

00000020.jpg

This was my first time ordering from Amazon.co.uk, so I don't know if this fast shipment is normal or not (four days from the UK to Melbourne, and this was over the weekend too). The goods arrived and in excellent condition, and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more good deals from Amazon.co.uk in the future... :sweet:

Edited by Splat

Here's a list of some sets from amazon UK that I've found will ship to Australia. These are at good prices too, and once VAT is removed I believe they're 16.67% cheaper again.

7637 Farm

8078 Portal of Atlantis

7597 Toy Story western train

8089 Hoth wampa cave

Here's a list of some sets from amazon UK that I've found will ship to Australia. These are at good prices too, and once VAT is removed I believe they're 16.67% cheaper again.

7637 Farm

8078 Portal of Atlantis

7597 Toy Story western train

8089 Hoth wampa cave

And recent more expensive sets

4842 Hogwarts castle

7939 City Cargo Train

7938 Passenger Train

8098 Clone Turbo Tank

Thanks for the pics Splat. Looks like Amazon will be another online store I regularly check for bargains now!

Edited by TheDarkness

And recent more expensive sets

4842 Hogwarts castle

7939 City Cargo Train

7938 Passenger Train

Thanks for the pics Splat. Looks like Amazon will be another online store I regularly check for bargains now!

Thanks for that. If anyone finds any others, add them to the list! I have no spare Lego $s right now but some of these prices with dcent shipping are very tempting.

I am visiting Melbourne for a short working trip, any recommendation for best shops/deals happening this week?

If you are in the CBD, there there are Myer, Taget, and Big W all within a few minutes walk of each other (map). Out of these three, Myer has the biggest range, followed by Target, and then Big W. There is also a David Jones next to Myer, but I'm not sure if they have a toy department or not. These are all Australia-wide stores, so they will have the same deals as everywhere else respectively. Myer currently has 20% off Lego, Target sale doesn't start until July 21st, and Big W currently has a sale, but only selected items.

If you go out to the suburbs, then you can also find a Toys'R'Us, K-Mart, and Toyworld stores. Not sure if there are any independents left at all...?

There is also a Lego exhibition on at Federation Square (Art of the Brick), although from all reports it is aimed at a younger audience. They do have a small shop (free to get in to), although all prices seem to be RRP.

This page has an overview of current Lego sales too.

Um amazon UPS is fast for a couple of reasons, firstly if you order lego 4pm Friday EST then its only 7am Friday morning UK time, you pay more for UPS because unlike auspost they work on the weekend, UPS move and sort stuff all weekend we as auspost does not, you also then get the bonus that because we are ahead of the UK it then gains 9 hours in transit.

I am curious did you guys actually buy from amazon, or one of the sellers in market place, I thought amazon themselves do not ship lego, other then brickmaster and advents as they are classified as books.

I am curious did you guys actually buy from amazon, or one of the sellers in market place, I thought amazon themselves do not ship lego, other then brickmaster and advents as they are classified as books.

We purchased them from actual Amazon. There are some sets which will ship (which we started listing earlier) but many others that when you get to the checkout won't ship